[Mod Release] Casual Nostalgia

This forum is for members of the public to post any announcements relating to Diablo 2 Mod Making including mod and patch releases amongst other similar subjects.
jessedazebra
Paladin
Zimbabwe

Re: [Mod Release] Casual Nostalgia

Post by jessedazebra » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:48 pm

Yep.

Kaladann
Paladin
France

Post by Kaladann » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:06 pm

Sorry for my late response. :mrgreenjester:
I'm thinking about give the possibility to the player to use multirez in my mod. Even If I think that can ruin the game experience, as the monsters will not see further...
But okay ^^

If you still agree to help me with Basemod and Multirez compatibility, I will try :)
Want to play but not enought time to drop good stuff and raise decent level ? Try Casual Nostalgia !
ImageMore infos here : viewtopic.php?f=5&t=63800
CHEERS !

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:36 pm

Kaladann wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:06 pm
snip.... Even If I think that can ruin the game experience, as the monsters will not see further...
But okay ^^
Hi, actually, at least as I know, one resolution above 800X600 is acceptable i.e. 1024x768, 1280x720, 1366x768 and 1280x1024, I guess that is it....

They are acceptable, meaning that monsters will be able to see you with those resolutions, only if you use resolutions above those then you (as player), are able to exploit enemy AI "detection radius" of you....

sth like that :P

Kaladann
Paladin
France

Post by Kaladann » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:31 am

Heya !

I did some tests, and I come with a pre-release for D2SE, with HD :)
Casual Nostalgia v2beta9HD for D2SE :
https://mega.nz/file/Yg9RmKQa#0Coh_M-0K ... ocWRTglUX4
Feel free to test !
And plz tell me if something is wrong ;)
Many thanks !
Want to play but not enought time to drop good stuff and raise decent level ? Try Casual Nostalgia !
CHEERS !

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:19 pm

Thank you.

Well, I'm experiencing FPS problem (resolution doesn't matter), max I get is 15 FPS and because of that game doesn't run smooth, ofc. :mrgreen:

Using glide ofc, windowed mod, tried full screen, the same thing happens.

DDraw works just fine, so it seems ti be sth with glide, but why.

I've tried playing new version of TFOD mod by jessedazebra since he helped you with multires and it runs just fine.

Tested all other mods I have since I din't use my PC for a very long time, and everything is fine.

I've also tried with other files i.e. I've copied them from TFOD related to HD mod, didn't help.

So, do you or jessedazebra, have you any idea what could cause this problem, or idea to help :?:

Thank You once again.

Kaladann
Paladin
France

Post by Kaladann » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:14 pm

I have tha same issue, no more than 25fps during play, either fullscreen or windowed. I have only 60fps when I fireup the menu...
I'll try with DDraw, ty for pointing me that :)
CHEERS !

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:33 pm

Kaladann wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:14 pm
I have tha same issue, no more than 25fps during play, either fullscreen or windowed. I have only 60fps when I fireup the menu...
I'll try with DDraw, ty for pointing me that :)
No more than 25, or no more than 15, I wouldn't mind 25 since that way the game is smooth for play.

If I disable plugy then hd mod is unloaded and then the game works smooth but no multires then.

Would be possible that the plugy version you use doesn't like glide or hd mod or sth, just throwing words. :oops:

Question:

In devurandom's basemod topic you've said that
* Allow user to load 3 extra Dlls -> tested with Plugy ok.
* Supports Loading PlugY as an extra Dll -> ok.

So it seems it is possible to load all those necessary dlls through basemod.ini, you use plugy currently if I'm not wrong.

UnclWish said in the same topic
UnclWish wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:08 am
snip....I load BaseMod via game.exe loader, and via BaseMod.ini load PlugY and 2nd D2HD mod.
All loads and unloads, no crashs...
So I guess that could help with the weird FPS problem since it seems he also uses the HD mod.

But ofc that doesn't mean that would solve the problem on my side. and I guess it shouldn't matter that much in which way you load extra DLLs, right.

Sorry for bothering you with the wall of text :oops:

TL; DR - just ignore me :mrgreen:

Thank You for all :rightthumb:

Kaladann
Paladin
France

Post by Kaladann » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:49 pm

Talic wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:33 pm
Sorry for bothering you with the wall of text :oops:
No problem, the board is there for that ;)

I said that I have "only" 20-25 FPS, 'cause with Basemod you can have 60+ FPS in solo. And with HD mod activated this dont works anymore.

I use the last version of Plugy: 11.02.

You are right, in the D2SE beta9 version I load Basemod and HG_mod with Plugy, with is handled by D2SE.

I think UnclWish doesn't use D2SE in this case.

This FPS problem is a known issue of the HD mod team.

I did few tests with D2SE :
Load order 1 : D2SE (with ModAllowPlugY=0) loads Basemod (ModDll1=) -> Basemod loads HD_mod (LoadDll1=) and Plugy (LoadDll2=) : FAIL. Basemod OK, but no Plugy and no HD_mod.
Load order 2 : D2SE (with ModAllowPlugY=1) handles Plugy and loads Basemod (ModDll1=) -> Basemod loads HD_mod (LoadDll1=) : FAIL. Basemod OK, Plugy OK, but no HD_mod.
Load order 3 : D2SE (with ModAllowPlugY=1) handles Plugy and loads Basemod (ModDll1=) -> Plugy loads HD_mod (DllToLoad=) : WIN ! Basemod OK, Plugy OK, HD_mod OK. But Low FPS fullscreen or windowed.
D2SE screw everything in fact : it ticks the box of the Settings option "window-mode" of the wrapper. That makes the FPS drop not only in fullscreen, but in windowed to.
Even if you untick this box, this comesback everytimes :/

With a regular installation, I can have 60+ FPS in windowed ! :P

-> Make a fresh installation of D2LoD. Patch it in 1.13c.
Install Mod Casual Nostalgia v2.0beta9+HDmod :
https://mega.nz/file/s412ySRK#bHxo9soSg ... dGwY5-MKRM

In widowed mod, you will be at 60+ FPS :o
(and be able to "maximize" the windows with the little square button of the window)
[Edit]
My glide wrapper setup :
Image[/Edit]

Hope that helps :)

If you play the mod, please give some feedback, I hunt the last few bugs. Thanks ! ;)
Last edited by Kaladann on Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CHEERS !

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:55 pm

Hi, may you upload picture again, I guess I should have discord acc to be able to see that image.

But for now, for the last 2 hours, I have tried everything, and I still get max 15 FPS.

Kaladann
Paladin
France

Post by Kaladann » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:08 pm

Picture updated ;)
CHEERS !

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:43 pm

Haha :mrgreen:

Doesn't help :(

It just doesn't accept glide, I can play it like this, but DDraw hurts my eyes.

Will see tomorrow, another day, will read more about glide.

Kaladann
Paladin
France

Post by Kaladann » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:09 pm

Be sure to play windowed to have good FPS, Glide really doesn't like fullscreen :/
CHEERS !

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:35 pm

Yeah I know, though even in full screen glide always worked fine for me.

I tried windowed already, all kind of combos.

This is first mod which is giving me some problem with glide, I have tested 50 mods and I was always able to bring some solution....

But HD mod is new, usually another "hd" mod was in use with D2mod system if I am not wrong, so I need to study HD mod a little bit more, though not sure if I'm going to find anything useful but you never know.

EDIT:

Nope, a lot of reading and everything I was able to find is a few posts on reddit saying that you shouldn't use glide, I'm really not against DDraw but it just hurts my eyes.

Question for you.

Would you mind trying to use version 2.0 of their HD mod, maybe that version works better, and just for testing purposes. - for that you need other .mpq file....

Like one version of your mod for me, and one version for everyone else. :lol: :oops: :mrgreen:

Kaladann
Paladin
France

Post by Kaladann » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:29 am

I finaly found what's going wrong xD
Basemod and HD mod have both FPS and CPU fix. Then if you keep active the one from Basemod, there is troubles.
Devurandom had put an option to fix this.
In Basemod.ini :
[BypassFPS]
Change Enabled=1 to Enabled=0

I'm so dumb to not have thinked about this earlier :roll:

I've tested the version 2.0, but I don't really see any differences...
But with the fix Glide works like a charm :)

New download with the fix included :

Mod Casual Nostalgia v2.0beta11+HDmod_.7z
https://mega.nz/file/RtsyzCiQ#x5TsDmgvd ... 8VjPzT_arg

Mod Casual Nostalgia v2beta11HD_for_D2SE_.7z
https://mega.nz/file/J9kAGATC#OrX2Aunht ... ie51qLHZss

Enjoy !

And please give me some feedback ! :headbang:
CHEERS !

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:05 am

Thank You for your time.

If I remember correctly in .ini file it was said that that option needs to be 1 for basemod to work correctly but not sure....luckily you figure it out what was the problem. :P

Currently I need to do data backup, bad sectors started to appear on hdd, at least any of programs I've tried, they all failed to run even the tiny simple test, or maybe the pc is going to die too, that's kinda ok since I do need new gaming rig... :x :P

I hope to test it next week since I should be out for few days in hospital....not covid related :mrgreen:

Thank You :)

Kaladann
Paladin
France

Post by Kaladann » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:28 am

No problem, glad if that helps :)

Holly crap, I wish you good recovery, and good luck with you rig !
:trooper:
CHEERS !

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:11 pm

Thank you for your words, though it depends on the cure I'm getting, and plus one main doctor said that I should live up to 80s. :P

Well, rig will be after I'm done with the hospital, so once doctors say that I am cured....buying new rig is easy.

Unluckily other PC I'm using now doesn't have any gpu, not even integrated one, not sure at all, anyway I can't use glide on it nor D2SE, though any mod can be run without d2se so no big deal.

But the game works, at 20-25 fps I would say, enough.

Good thing is that with monitor settings I was able to set up a little bit of contrast and gamma that won't hurt my eyes, and it looks like glide is on, good enough.

Anyway, just wanted to say that I had to add d2hd.dll to be loaded through plugy to enable new resolution, kinda seems different than the last time, or from version for d2se where you load d2template through plugy if I'm not wrong.

And at first I was shocked with that big info inside the game, and with some rings for testing purposes you could say, well done. :)

And one question - do you plan to "improve" status pages provided by plugy or will you leave it as it is.

Just asking, I do remember that some mods had more details in it, or more important info, piercing damage, absorb fire/cold etc.

Don't know how much work does it require.

Thank You once again.

Kaladann
Paladin
France

Post by Kaladann » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:02 am

;)

That's weird for your issue with d2hd.dll.
If you have D2HD.dll, D2Template.dll, glide3x.dll, SGD2FreeDisplayFix.dll and D2MultiRes.mpq in the root directory of the game (or in the "MODS\themodname" folder for D2SE) it should work perfectly. D2Template.dll handles all the stuff itself.

The load order I use :
'Standalone' version : CasualNostalgia.dll (Basemod) handles Plugy.dll and D2Template.dll.
'D2SE' version : D2SE handles Plugy.dll and CasualNostalgia.dll (Basemod). Plugy.dll (Plugy) handles D2Template.dll.

Yeah, I finaly have the scroll-kinda effect working :P
About the powerfull jewelry, yeah, that's for people who have already finished the game several times, and want to lvl fast to test new builds :lol:

I do not plan to improve status page, as the CODEXs give you that kind of informations ;)
I think you can activate this feature without danger inside PlugY.ini. But I didn't test this feature with my mod ^^
Under [INTERFACE]:
Change ActiveNewStatsInterface=0 to ActiveNewStatsInterface=1

I've just done an update :)
Another way to handle starting items. Now it will work in Classic as well.
Few modification in the TCs. Please tell me if that is better !

Mod Casual Nostalgia v2.0beta12HD :
https://mega.nz/file/dhkHESJC#eTqYR5hw1 ... z4TBnVTm8A
or
Mod Casual Nostalgia v2beta12HD_for_D2SE :
https://mega.nz/file/txNWRC4Q#OY-Wsv-5Y ... 6z3OPegk0I

/!\ BEFORE LOAD A CHARACTER WITH THE UPDATE, PLEASE DELETE ANY PREVIOUS STARTING WEAPONS ITEMS FROM HIM !!! (staff, sword, wand... Jewelry are not concerned)

Good luck with the doctors !
CHEERS !

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:23 am

I wouldn't know, but I do have all your files, will check once again when I'm home later this week, will also test on another pc with gpu....I guess I am some special case. :P

That's great idea, even though I would say that leveling is fast, and besides you can reset skills without any problem, not sure how is it in the game currently, but plugy option works fine so you can reset stats and skills at any time you want.

Yeah I know, interface option does works nice with your mod, there is no reason it shouldn't.

I thought about to modify those pages a little bit if possible, will check and let you know, though info provided on those pages aren't bad at all as they are, at least they provide more info than the char stats page itself.

EDIT:

So, tested on another PC with integrated GPU.

D2HD works just fine, launched without need to add its dll to be loaded by plugy.

Tested again on PC with no GPU at all, and there was need to add d2hd dll to be loaded by plugy.

But that actually seems logical, I mean D2HD doesn't work without glide, but glide is only GUI for open gl drivers as I know.

I guess d2hd hooks on open gl driver files, and when detected it will be loaded automatically, I guess....

And finally on moddb :cheer:

Kaladann
Paladin
France

Post by Kaladann » Sun May 03, 2020 9:35 am

Yeah, I finaly made a ModDB page :mrgreen:

Glide is a 3D graphics API developed by 3dfx Interactive for their Voodoo Graphics 3D accelerator cards, it's not a GUI ;)

So, that's weird that D2template.dll doen't load d2hd.dll. I still dont understand why.

I wish you had a good recovery :)
CHEERS !

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Sun May 03, 2020 11:14 am

GLIDE is a graphiccard-interface....snip
That's what I meant.... :mrgreen:

It doesn't matter, you can be sure that files will work just fine for everyone else, it is just when you test a game on 12 year old pc which was meant for business work only, you can't expect to run everything without any weird thing....

Anything with any kind of gpu will work perfectly fine so don't worry about it anymore. :P

Yeah, thank you, though recovery will take some time, even when I finish what I'm doing now in hospital, if that goes right, it will still need at least 1 year even more for my body to recovers completely.

But I need to finish first part I'm doing now, so I can at least play some games a little bit. :)

Kaladann
Paladin
France

Post by Kaladann » Sun May 03, 2020 1:45 pm

One year, wow ! 8-O
Hope it will be fine !

I had a IMB Lenovo T60, it miss me :P
Even with poor graphic, I had lot of fun with it :)
CHEERS !

Kaladann
Paladin
France

Post by Kaladann » Sat May 09, 2020 10:44 am

Hello folks !

Sorry for the double, but... New beta version, the crash of the portal to uberland is fixed ! :mrgreen:
Now on ModDB :
https://www.moddb.com/mods/casual-nostalgia/downloads

Feedback needed as always ! :)

Happy bashing !
CHEERS !

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Sat May 16, 2020 6:54 pm

In Tristram there is French language if I'm not wrong, both Cain and my Barbarian used it instead of English.... :?:

Kaladann
Paladin
France

Post by Kaladann » Sun May 17, 2020 12:13 pm

Yes you are right, I made an easter egg with what Cain says when he is a prisoner.
But I thought the game in English would keep Cain's voice in English ... I just tested, I think there is no solution to update the sounds without changing them for all languages .. .
By cons I do not understand why the voice of the barbarian is in French too, I did not touch the voices of the characters, it's weird.
CHEERS !

Return to “Member Аnnouncements”