BaseMod Plugin

This forum is for members of the public to post any announcements relating to Diablo 2 Mod Making including mod and patch releases amongst other similar subjects.
Conqueror
Argentina

Re: BaseMod Plugin

Post by Conqueror » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:05 pm

jessedazebra wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:33 pm
Conqueror wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:30 pm
That happens because you don't have the 3D sound dll in the Diablo II folder (dsound.dll)
Many kisses from cold Russia <3.
Also for D2SE users: make sure you put dsound.dll in the mod folder you play to prevent those crashes.
:)

UnclWish
Russia

Post by UnclWish » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:39 pm

jessedazebra wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:33 pm
Conqueror wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:30 pm
That happens because you don't have the 3D sound dll in the Diablo II folder (dsound.dll)
Many kisses from cold Russia <3.
Also for D2SE users: make sure you put dsound.dll in the mod folder you play to prevent those crashes.
And from not so cold :)))

kaiya
Afghanistan

Post by kaiya » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:01 pm

devurandom wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:11 pm
could I suggest to add a option to extend uniqueitem limit from 4096 lines to 10000+? :D

oli25

Post by oli25 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:02 pm

Ohh sorry, that was a typo, ofc I meant Path of Diablo. It's newest version has 1068x600 and its just perfect, looks very clean without the black borders and doesn't break the game.

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:22 am

@kaiya will think about it, not sure.

Making some progress on BaseMod Crash issue in Win10. will send to a few internal testers.
If you want to test that in your environment, send me a PM on the PK discord channel.
Assembly Reference | 1.13d Code Edits | UVLoD | BaseMod Plugin

Fiat paper money is the most elaborate and well devised form of slavery the world has ever seen..

UnclWish
Russia

Post by UnclWish » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:08 am

devurandom wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:22 am
@kaiya will think about it, not sure.

Making some progress on BaseMod Crash issue in Win10. will send to a few internal testers.
If you want to test that in your environment, send me a PM on the PK discord channel.
I don't sure that I can reproduce that bug. Now when I use d2sound.dll all works normal...
I load BaseMod via game.exe loader, and via BaseMod.ini load PlugY and 2nd D2HD mod.
All loads and unloads, no crashs...
I would like to help in testing.

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:31 am

The bug occurs only in certain situations. My first install of win10x32 never crashed using Win10x32 in VirtualBox 5.2.34. The second install in VM with Win10x32 Home N (European Version) with minimal changes, reproduced a random bug crash Loading PlugY with BaseMod, I also changed chipsets in the VM on second install etc. Other people I've talked to say Its never crashed on loading PlugY from BaseMod in Win10.

Next version will have fixes to prevent the bug from occurring, in these other situations.
I want to retool some code changes I did before I post a pre-release in a day or 2.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

BaseMod [1.13.3] pre-release
-change string value checking for section [GameFVFB]
-Fixes a random crash bug issue at game start observed under the following conditions:
BaseMod loads PlugY as an Extra DLL in VirtualBox 5.2.x configured with ICH9 chipset,
and using Windows 10 as Guest OS.

I think its ready for official release but its a good idea to have it tested outside my
test environments.

Download
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wf88rqq2pz1z9 ... 33-pre.zip

Fiat paper money is the most elaborate and well devised form of slavery the world has ever seen..

UnclWish
Russia

Post by UnclWish » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:26 pm

Thanks! Now will test it...

EDIT: Looks working fine. No crashs or bugs!

One question: Is it possible to add localization of strings added by BaseMod, like max item level and max sockets? PlugY have this. For each language he use localization file to translate his strings. It would be great to add this in BM.

jessedazebra
Paladin
Zimbabwe

Post by jessedazebra » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:46 pm

UnclWish wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:26 pm
One question: Is it possible to add localization of strings added by BaseMod, like max item level and max sockets? PlugY have this. For each language he use localization file to translate his strings. It would be great to add this in BM.
It's already implemented in BaseMod.

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:36 am

BaseMod [1.13.3] pre-release
------------^^^^^---------------
This is still bugged. I installed antivirus in one test environment and the random crash is happening where
it never happened before. I may have to take a different approach, and find another way around loader lock issue to load PlugY in BaseMod.

UnclWish
Russia

Post by UnclWish » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:06 am

jessedazebra wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:46 pm
UnclWish wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:26 pm
It's already implemented in BaseMod.
I tried this settings, but them nothing change for me. My game on russian. Localization in rus folder in data\local\lng
Game is on russian, strings by BaseMod on english.

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:02 am

UnclWish wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:06 am
I tried this settings, but them nothing change for me. My game on russian. Localization in rus folder in data\local\lng

You also have to change the use file to Russian language, and use a Russian language pack, (IF installed with English installer CD's).
C:\Program Files\Diablo II\data\LOCAL\use

UnclWish
Russia

Post by UnclWish » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:08 pm

devurandom wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:02 am
UnclWish wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:06 am
You also have to change the use file to Russian language, and use a Russian language pack, (IF installed with English installer CD's).
C:\Program Files\Diablo II\data\LOCAL\use
My USE file is russian with 0B code symbol in it. Where I can find russian language pack? What files needed except USE and rus folders in all local folders?

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:12 pm

Chaos Marc has the all the digital installers for different languages, maybe you can extract the files you need from that for your mod.
viewtopic.php?t=55894

I think you need more than just these 3 files
patchstring.tbl
expansionstring.tbl
string.tbl

UnclWish
Russia

Post by UnclWish » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:29 am

devurandom wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:12 pm
Chaos Marc has the all the digital installers for different languages, maybe you can extract the files you need from that for your mod.
viewtopic.php?t=55894

I think you need more than just these 3 files
patchstring.tbl
expansionstring.tbl
string.tbl
I mean: what files needed for BaseMod russian strings.
I have these russian folders:
data\local\cmd\rus
data\local\font\cyr
data\local\lng\rus
data\local\ui\rus

I'm even have d2video.mpq, d2xvideo.mpq, D2Speech.mpq and D2xTalk.mpq with full russian localization od video, dialogs, speech etc.
The game is fully localizated.

And there is no digital installer for russian language. Game hasn't official russian translation (((

From what file BaseMod take strings about Item level and max sockets? In Basemod.dll strings "ITEM LEVEL:" and "MAX SOCKETS:" already on english, and i didn't see localization for this strings. Maybe we misunderstand each other? I want to localize these strings.

tmuhlhausen
Paladin
Canada

Post by tmuhlhausen » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:40 am

One Solution is to edit the strings by hand. I did a quick google search and found this.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/diablo-ii-lo ... xt-only-by

ChaosMarc
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light
Germany

Post by ChaosMarc » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:48 am

He already has a fully Russian localized game. He is asking about the strings that were added by basemod like "ITEM LEVEL:" and "MAX SOCKETS:". The mod you linked will provide russion translations for the original game text

UnclWish
Russia

Post by UnclWish » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:09 am

ChaosMarc wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:48 am
He already has a fully Russian localized game. He is asking about the strings that were added by basemod like "ITEM LEVEL:" and "MAX SOCKETS:". The mod you linked will provide russion translations for the original game text
Yes, you're right. I know about editing strings. I maked changes in .tbl files to fix russian translation (all notofficial translations are not perfect). I want to translate these two strings that were added by basemod like "ITEM LEVEL:" and "MAX SOCKETS:".

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:31 am

Some others on here may know more about this topic than I do, but I think to be able to do what your asking Would mean BaseMod needs its own string.tbl file for BaseMod specified strings. Because if It used indexes from string.tbl, patchstring.tbl or expansionstring.tbl and someone is already using those indexes in their mod and they also have a lot of custom strings, they would need to re-order a lot of strings.. and that would be a PITA (Pain in the A$$) for some.

For now it might be possible?? i'm not sure .. to search for those strings in BaseMod and change the hard coded strings.

ChaosMarc
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light
Germany

Post by ChaosMarc » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:39 am

You could take a look at the plugy sources and see how l'autour has done it. He uses no tbl but an ini file though

tmuhlhausen
Paladin
Canada

Post by tmuhlhausen » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:20 am

Im not sure if this problem is Basemod related, using extended levels i have added 4 and can access them properly, everything seemed to be fine. When i go near rakanishus portal it crashes the game, im fairly certain everything i added was done properly. Im running on 1.14D

UnclWish
Russia

Post by UnclWish » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:03 am

devurandom wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:31 am
For now it might be possible?? i'm not sure .. to search for those strings in BaseMod and change the hard coded strings.
I didn't know how to do that...

UnclWish
Russia

Post by UnclWish » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:05 am

ChaosMarc wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:39 am
You could take a look at the plugy sources and see how l'autour has done it. He uses no tbl but an ini file though
That's what I mean when asked 1st time ) My english too bad...

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:31 am

I have the other issue with BaseMod solved. so I could look into this since it seems like a usability issue.
Maybe could just load the strings from BaseMod.ini or BaseMod.txt. Thanks @ ChaosMarc for the suggestion.

UnclWish
Russia

Post by UnclWish » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:56 am

devurandom, inventory animation works slower than other game animation. Is there is a way to increase speed of inventory item animation?

Return to “Member Аnnouncements”