BaseMod Plugin

This forum is for members of the public to post any announcements relating to Diablo 2 Mod Making including mod and patch releases amongst other similar subjects.
devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Re: BaseMod Plugin

Post by devurandom » Thu May 09, 2019 11:51 am

Were not allowed to discuss those things on this site, but you can join the discord channel for phrozen keep and ask there.

https://discordapp.com/invite/NvfftHY
Assembly Reference | 1.13d Code Edits | UVLoD | BaseMod Plugin

Fiat paper money is the most elaborate and well devised form of slavery the world has ever seen..

imakeigloos_pat

Post by imakeigloos_pat » Tue May 14, 2019 10:16 am

Hi /dev/urandom,
Thank you so much for this great baseline mod, I really enjoy using it on my Single Player game.

If I may, I have one request which I think could be a cool feature which I know is a plugin for d2mod or similar and that is being able to dye items. Maybe Akara can sell dyes that enable the different colors Diablo 2 support with uniques and affixes and maybe even using states such as "tyrael wings" for some extra fun hehe.

Again, thanks for your addition to the community and my Single Player experience. :)

Tomkomaster
Slovakia

Post by Tomkomaster » Tue May 14, 2019 5:35 pm

imakeigloos_pat wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 10:16 am
Hi /dev/urandom,
Thank you so much for this great baseline mod, I really enjoy using it on my Single Player game.

If I may, I have one request which I think could be a cool feature which I know is a plugin for d2mod or similar and that is being able to dye items. Maybe Akara can sell dyes that enable the different colors Diablo 2 support with uniques and affixes and maybe even using states such as "tyrael wings" for some extra fun hehe.

Again, thanks for your addition to the community and my Single Player experience. :)
Yeah, I would like this feature too :D

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Fri May 17, 2019 3:28 am

@imakeigloos_pat Thanks for the comments, and its a great suggestion, I just don't know if or when I will find time. It takes me more time to rewrite functions because I tend to rewrite as many subfunctions as are reasonable, so they can be reused later. for other code.

The ctrl-left click and shift click code I did ended up taking ~200 hours of time to code and 500+ lines because I rewrote it from scratch and rewrote a lot of subfunctions for that, based on original game code.

My Fiance is here now, so I will have to take a break from coding after I finish my mod.

Fiat paper money is the most elaborate and well devised form of slavery the world has ever seen..

oli25

Post by oli25 » Fri May 17, 2019 8:39 pm

I would love to see that gamble refresh button someone mentioned before.
Other cool features would be loot filter and drop notification msg like this:

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Sat May 18, 2019 3:01 pm

There's a lot of great suggestions like you mentioned, I'm almost out of unlimited time to code. Not sure what you mean by loot filter, like stop certain items or item types or quality of item from dropping?

The Drop Notification configurable for item quality or Item type seems like it would be easy to do.

oli25

Post by oli25 » Sat May 18, 2019 5:23 pm

Not from dropping but from being shown when pressing alt, item will still be there and you may pick it up but pressing alt doesn't highlight it. Very usefull when there are lots of items on the ground and would make late game much more enjoyable :cool:

KLSSJJ
Canada

Post by KLSSJJ » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:02 pm

Hi devurandom,

Thank you for all your hard work and I highly appreciate everything you've done for us.

There are three things I feel are missing from D2 but have no idea how difficult they would be to implement.

1. Being able to bind a key to "move" (like "w") instead of being forced to use mouse1 & 2.

2. Having the ability to simply hover your mouse over an item in your inventory or merchant and, instead of only seeing the snapshot of the stats of that item, also seeing at the same time a snapshot of your currently equipped item (or both rings if you're hovering over a ring). Perhaps something like mouse over + shift may be better than a simple mouseover.

3. Having a toggle on/off button for permanently showing the items on the ground so you do not have to hold a key down the entire time to see everything as you're playing.

I do not expect any of this as you have already added to many great features but if you were looking for some other ideas then I feel these could really add to the game.

Thank you for everything,

~KL

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:25 pm

Hi KL,

Thanks for the suggestions ;)

Releasing a minor update today, and if no one finds any issues with that, I'll release a preview version next week with Gamble Refresh.

BaseMod v1.12.2
==============
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uw575zj6p7s0t ... od1122.zip

-Fix Bug where HStaff would teleport itself back to stash when ctrl-left click with
orifice interface open. (thanks to sonofriggnarok in zekken's userbase)
-Fix Bug where Mana/Health orbs were using a fixed height of 0x80 px to draw transperancy
-Add option for skipping Quest/Waypoint Checks for Custom Red Portals from Cube
-Add MFLinear Magic Find Option

Next version will take out some of the simple code edits. I've been asked to make a custom version to remove all that, but I don't want to maintain 2 versions of basemod, because its already time consuming to synchronize code between my mod and basemod.

ChaosMarc
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light
Germany

Post by ChaosMarc » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:43 pm

devurandom wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:25 pm
Next version will take out some of the simple code edits. I've been asked to make a custom version to remove all that, but I don't want to maintain 2 versions of basemod, because its already time consuming to synchronize code between my mod and basemod.
May I ask why you are removing features that can easily be disabled via configuration? And if a modder wants to include BaseMod it's easy to create a basemod.bin and disable everything unwanted for the mod. I don't think you will do yourself a favor with removing features. There will always be users who will stay with the old version and "request" bugfixes or new features for it.

Anyway, thank you very much for you dedication!

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:05 pm

I Appreciate you're feedback :)

BaseMod v1.12.3
==============
https://www.dropbox.com/s/96xdez72h8962 ... od1123.zip

- removes some test code I forgot to take out which ended up causing frame lag when I tested in Glide3x.

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:58 am

BaseMod v1.13 Preview
====================
-Adds Gamble Refresh
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4tj66jpc95zrz ... review.zip

Gamble Refresh rewritten from scratch - if your not into testing pre-release versions skip it.
also tested in multiplayer with 2 players gambling at the same time from same vendor.
-It adds button spam protection, so that gamble refresh button will only work after 200 milliseconds since last refresh.

jessedazebra
Paladin
Zimbabwe

Post by jessedazebra » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:18 am

You're a God! Gonna test it immediately!
EDIT: Not sure about TCP/IP, but in SP it works flawlessly, thanks!
Last edited by jessedazebra on Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

ChaosMarc
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light
Germany

Post by ChaosMarc » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:35 am

TCP/IP - 2 Players - act 1:
Player 1 opens the gambling screen (doesnt matter if the reload button is clicked or any other action is done, it happens anyway)
Player 2 opens the gambling screen
-> the first click to reload the gambling screen does not work for both players. the screen flickers, but nothing changes. the second click works like a charm

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:14 am

Thanks for the feed back, I'll double check things after some sleep. :)

Edit:

@ChaosMarc Thanks for finding that!
:beer:
I was able to replicate the issue where refresh button didn't work right in some TCP/IP Game instances.
I think its fixed now.
Also I disabled gamble refresh patches, but still get a screen flicker in TCP/IP on load Gamble screen
- It Seems there's an extra delay in loading the gamble screen for multiplayer vs singleplayer.

BaseMod v1.13 Preview2
====================
-Fixes an Issue for Gamble Refresh in TCP/IP Multiplayer
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9tl7rsw551rs0 ... eview2.zip

oli25

Post by oli25 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:44 pm

Amazing work devurandom! Thank you so much for another cool feature!
Could you explain how exacly does the Linear Magic Find Option work?

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:34 pm

Thanks.

IIRC Linear Magic find predates D2 v1.09 where the amount of Magic Find is not diminished with increasing amounts of MF. It makes a noticeable difference in amounts of Magic, Rare and Unique Items that drop.

Darkquake
Australia

Post by Darkquake » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:18 am

Awesome additions as usual. I always get hype when I see this thread updated.

just regarding your post above didn't linear MF have issues really early on? stacking too much MF would end up finding you rares or something instead of uniques? I'm not quite sure but I remember early MF had a bug. Everything is working perfectly for me so far though :)
I make things? I make things.
https://www.moddb.com/mods/darkquake

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:30 pm

Thanks. Not sure why they changed it, but has anyone dropped a legit SoJ ever, in the Game ever since they did the changes? Game used to drop SOJ's, and from what I read it would check your inventory after you had one of the first 2 unique rings, it would drop an SoJ. But anyway you can do some nice runs on the bosses without 1200 MF using Linear MF.

oli25

Post by oli25 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:41 pm

Darkquake wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:18 am
I always get hype when I see this thread updated.
Yeah, the moment devurandom posts update is breath taking!
Got another idea - manually setting item type text color. So for example being able to change rare items yellow text into one of few options like purple, cyan etc. What do you think about this one devurandom?

kaiya
Afghanistan

Post by kaiya » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:56 pm

I tried to use ExtraDLL method to load BaseMod.DLL from D2launch.DLL, but failed, :( :( :( :(

below are the code edits, appreciate if anyone can give me some advices, thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D2launch.DLL

6FA4E363 50 push eax
6FA4E364 68 14FBA56F push D2lauch.6FA5FB14 // ASCII "BaseMod.DLL"
6FA4E369 FF15 D0C2A56F Call DWORD PTR DS:[<&KERNEL32.LoadLoadLibraryA>]

6FA5FB14 42 Inc edx
6FA5FB15 61 popad
6FA5FB16 73 65 jnb short D2launch.6FA5FB7D
6FA5FB18 4D dec ebp
6FA5FB19 6f outs dx,dword ptr ds:[esi]
6FA5FB1A 64 fs:
6FA5FB1B 2e cs:
6FA5FB1C 64:6c ins byte ptr es:[edi],dx
6FA5FB1E 6c ins byte ptr es:[edi],dx

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:35 am

@oli25 thanks, time to code and interest is the factor for me.

@kaiya check this link and see if this D2Launch.dll [1.13c] Loader for BaseMod.dll works for you.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wv7nk9r5v1gneqm/D2Launch.dll

BaseMod v1.13 official
====================
- Adds Gamble Refresh
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0xx8x5pkey0u7 ... Mod113.zip

kaiya
Afghanistan

Post by kaiya » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:06 am

devurandom wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:35 am

@kaiya check this link and see if this D2Launch.dll [1.13c] Loader for BaseMod.dll works for you.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wv7nk9r5v1gneqm/D2Launch.dll

Thanks, Devurandom.

I download the latest BaseMod & the D2launch.dll, and put them into my D2 directory, i tried to run the game with either Game.exe orD2loader.exe, unfortunately an error appears "Common Init Failed", so i report this error here and try to use OD to dig out what happened. :cry:

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:24 am

Not sure I understand what error you got. I tested in XP and Win7x64, and both OS versions worked with that file in D2LoD 1.13c.

aspirine101
Czech Republic

Post by aspirine101 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:28 am

Hey, thanks a lot for the mod! It's unbelievably good and works perfectly!
1 thing I'd like to request if I may: How hard would it for you to add a transmute hotkey? I think that'd greatly improve quality of life.

<3 you

Return to “Member Аnnouncements”