Experience balance question

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

strafano
Italy

Experience balance question

Post by strafano » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:40 pm

Hi all,
i would like to set the experience rate proportional to the difference in monster's level and character level.
The higher the difference , the greater the experience gained.

Is it possible by modifing .txt files?
Thank you

Fawahar

Re: Experience balance question

Post by Fawahar » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:14 pm

strafano wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:40 pm
Thank you
I am afraid, not. You'll have to dig some .dlls for this.
As I look into the cave
The fog doth fill my eyes
Inside lies the answer
A cause for my demise

strafano
Italy

Post by strafano » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:43 pm

Fawahar wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:14 pm
strafano wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:40 pm
Thank you
I am afraid, not. You'll have to dig some .dlls for this.
Thanks for your response! Sure about it?
Another question: Any idea on how Akara could sell large potions instead of small ones when the character level is minor than 25?

Fawahar

Post by Fawahar » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:38 am

strafano wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:43 pm
Any idea on how Akara could sell large potions instead of small ones when the character level is minor than 25?
This is done by adjusting the "level" of the item in misc.txt. You should also set the value to 0 for "permstoreitem" it in the same file. Be aware that Akara might still deny selling items with "level" higher than her limit, another issue which is fixed by hard-coding.
As I look into the cave
The fog doth fill my eyes
Inside lies the answer
A cause for my demise

strafano
Italy

Post by strafano » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:05 am

strafano wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:43 pm
Any idea on how Akara could sell large potions instead of small ones when the character level is minor than 25?
This is done by adjusting the "level" of the item in misc.txt. You should also set the value to 0 for "permstoreitem" it in the same file. Be aware that Akara might still deny selling items with "level" higher than her limit, another issue which is fixed by hard-coding.
[/quote]

I forgot to say that i refer to Akara in nightmare difficutly. However i will try adjust the level of the item as you suggested.

Nizari
Site Admin
Paladin
Poland

Post by Nizari » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:47 am

Answering the first question, what you want to achieve does not require any code edit.

1.You have to create a dummy stat in isc.

2. Make a copy of conviction aura, rename it, remove overlay and sound effects to turn it invisible, make it giving a target the dummy state you created, using stat('level'.accr) as calc and finally give your copied conviction to all monsters via monprop.

3. Make a copy of might aura, rename it, remove overlay and sound effects, make it giving you item_add_experience with (stat('dummy_stat_you_have_created'.accr)!=0)?(stat('level'.accr) - stat('dummy_stat_you_have_created'.accr)):0 as calc.

4. Follow this https://www.d2mods.info/forum/viewtopic ... &view=next to create invisible aura on item property, then spawn it on all amors in the game via automagic.

Thats is, you are done. You can adjust the formula from 3. at will, just gave you the simpliest example.

Return to “General Mod Making”