DELETE PLS

This forum is for members of the public to post any announcements relating to Diablo 2 Mod Making including mod and patch releases amongst other similar subjects.
leekun
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Warrior

DELETE PLS

Post by leekun » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:15 pm

Last edited by leekun on Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:42 am, edited 4 times in total.

leekun
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Warrior

Re: [Mod Release] Advent Phantasm

Post by leekun » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:22 pm

Something went wrong when I packed the source files. It's fixed now. Please re download again and be sure to delete the old one before extracting.
The game crashed when I didn't include the txts to mpq even though the bins were still there. really weird.

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:27 pm

Hi there,

not to be unfair, but I think your Mod won't attract too many gamers and there's a couple reasons I think this way:

1) There's barely anything new to it
2) you didn't really revamp anything, you simply decided to scrap a ton of stuff
3) no new skills/monsters/items/runewords/sets ... u name it
4 ...

To sum it up: D2 was helluva game we all enjoyed, yet many people decided to ADD stuff and remove (AND add) other stuff so there're new things to discover.

It's almost 2 decades since D2 showed up and your mod erases known stuff, but doesn't add anything to the table ...

Sorry if my wording seems quite drastic, but due to the underwhelming changelog I highly doubt you'll receive a lot of positive feedback ...

cheers
only 2 things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity ... although i'm not sure yet about the universe (c) Albert Einstein
http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?p ... hot051.jpg (WOW)

Fawahar

Post by Fawahar » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:25 pm

I wound agree with gogodanny that new content can improve the interest of the mod, as gamers looking into mods generally, would prefer new fancy out-of-the-box things, usually technically improved. However, on the totally contrary side, your approach might be just what no one else will try to do with the game, thus making extremely valuable and unique D2 experience -- so what I can say to balance out the notes made before me, is: Be persistent and try to show with your skills what really Diablo II looks like from your perspective.

For the record, I have not tested the mod, since I am heavily disliking what Blizz did with 1.10+ LoD
As I look into the cave
The fog doth fill my eyes
Inside lies the answer
A cause for my demise

leekun
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Warrior

Post by leekun » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:56 pm

Thanks for the direct feedbacks. Now that you said it, I agree that I do scrap things out too much. though those things are what I really dislike but can't be help I guess. Next time I will add things back and go from there then.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:40 pm

You should focus on what you would like see in the game. I personally do that myself remove parts I dont like.

In the end it will make your mod more interesting and unique. Will try it out then I get some spare time over.

Return to “Member Аnnouncements”