[Mod Release] Casual Nostalgia

This forum is for members of the public to post any announcements relating to Diablo 2 Mod Making including mod and patch releases amongst other similar subjects.
Kaladann
Paladin
France

[Mod Release] Casual Nostalgia

Post by Kaladann » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:05 am

Hello folks !

Humm, first of all, I want to apologize for the quality of my English, it's not my mother tongue, do not hesitate to tell me what's wrong if you find misspelling ;)

I registered to the Kepp on around 2015, when I begin to work on a mod for me and friends.
We wished to come back in the mobs bashing business, but with quicker leveling, as we didn't have million hours to spend on the game anymore... :mrgreen:
Basically a project to play with friends on LAN...

-+-

Well... Here it is !

Casual Nostalgia

Modmakers :
Kaladànn
Game Version : D2 Lod 1.13c
Supported languages : Both French and English

-+-

You can grab it here, always up to date : Casual Nostalgia on Moddb
Mod Casual Nostalgia vX.X.X_.7z is a 7zip archive for a standalone version, you just need a fresh installation of D2 LoD, patched in 1.13c.
Mod Casual Nostalgia vX.X.X for D2SE_Modmanager.7z is a 7zip archive for use with D2SE mod manager. Just unzip in the MODS folder and play the game.

I also made a discord chan for the mod : https://discord.gg/pXJXUEU
Feel free to join and discuss the mod !

-+-

Picture credit : Baal Tyrael by ushio18

The purpose of the mod is to keep the gameplay intact, but with some ease finding cool items, and leveling fast, as we play in solo or on LAN, and we dont have the possibility to trade stuff.
Here are the features of the mod, so you can see what it brings :
Kaladann" wrote: - You can launch any number of Diablo game at the same time.
- XP x5, to level up faster, it allows to test all full builds and characters quickly.
- Loot increased: we finally drop unique gear throughout the life of the character.
- Big boost of the size of the inventory, the stash and the cube. In D2 Classic too !
- Maximum gold limit increased.
- Augmented stacks of books and keys.
- Cube formulas modified/added. (see the txt "Horadric cube recipes Casual Nostalgia v*.*.*.txt" for more info)
- Solo activation of items and runewords ladders only.
- Possibility to return to the secret level of cows even after killing the Cow King.
- Cain is near the stash at act 5.
- The entrance of a certain tower has been redecorated. Yeah, it's better huh ?
- A modified map environment, more classy now !
- UI a little modified (The bubbles are prettier huh ?)
- Jamela sells the gems.
- Larzuk sells the runes.
- More items are available during gambles, and better probabilities.
- Ability to use some more skills in town. (teleportation, telekinesis, barbarian leap ... For fun!)
- Droprate of runess increased.
- Droprate of Uber keys increased.
- No more class Oskill level limit. "Before, if you are a sorceress and you find a staff that grants +15 to fire ball oskill, the level was set to 3 because you are a sorceress"
- Now things such as automagics, are no longer deleted from items upon character creation.
- Charsi imbue ferever.
- Larzuk add sockets forever.
- The 1 level max cap removed from the Ancient quest act5.
- Enable defense while the player runs.
- "Sword Mastery" From barbarian skills morph into "Sword and dagger Mastery".
- Experience can be gained beyond two screens distance.
- Make the game store screenshots in the screenshots folder.
- Items stay longer on the ground before disappearing.
- The difficulty of the game mode also appears in Normal mode.
- In Normal, the game look at umon fields to choose randomly generated monsters, but in Higher difficulties it looks at normal monsters columns. Now it the game use the umon fields in all difficulties.
- Some more unique items for friends ...
- A Codex listing many recipes for the cube is on sale at some merchants. (maybe I can plan to propose a little side-quest for that...)
- "strange objects" have appeared on some bosses: Blood Raven (act1), Andarielle (act1), Radament (act2), Invocation (act2), Durielle (act2), Izual (act4)[Not in D2C], Hephasto (act4, called Haphesto in the game files, LoL), as well as Shenk (act5)...
(A little surprise awaits you once transmuted between them... ;)

This mod is launched via Plugy, to benefit from the emulation of Diablo Clone (Annihilus) and Über Tristram (Torch) in solo.
I did not activate the enhanced chest with multi-pages to keep the multiplayer functional.
It is possible to modify the Pluggy configuration file to reactivate the multi pages in solo, but it will mess the multiplayer...
As you can see, nothing revolutionary here, but just some ease to quick leveling and stuffing your lovely chars !

-+-

New UI :

Some Inventory screens :

D2 Classic Stash (same for LoD) :

Cube :

Gamble :

-+-

Big Up for all the great people who offers tutorials and advices here on the Keep, many many thanks !
Full credits in the readme ;)
Cheers !

Comments are very welcome !

:wizard: Kaladànn
Last edited by Kaladann on Sat May 09, 2020 10:47 am, edited 7 times in total.
Want to play but not enought time to drop good stuff and raise decent level ? Try Casual Nostalgia !
ImageMore infos here : viewtopic.php?f=5&t=63800
CHEERS !

Texalic
Paladin

Re: [Mod Release] Casual Nostalgia

Post by Texalic » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:49 am

Hi.

Just wanted to say Thank you. :P

This is exactly what I was looking for.

A really nice improvements for the casual game.

Kaladann
Paladin
France

Post by Kaladann » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:19 pm

Thank to you for testing it ! :P
Dont hesitate to give me some feedback :)
Want to play but not enought time to drop good stuff and raise decent level ? Try Casual Nostalgia !
CHEERS !

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:18 pm

Kaladann wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:05 am
A Codex listing many formulas for the cube is on sale at some merchants. (maybe I can plan to propose a little side-quest for that...)
Sounds interesting.

And of course I will give you some feedback, when there is any, currently all is fine, at least on my side and didn't have too much time for play so I am still stuck with the normal difficulty which I always consider as "get to know with the mod" difficulty. :)

I have a question, I hope you won't mind, but would it be hard to convert the mod to 1.10.

Since you created this mod you would know the amount of work needed.

I'm curious since maybe I would like to give it a shot, and try to convert it to 1.10, to add more features. :scratchhead:

Of course for personal use only. :P

If it is easy thing to do, you could do it too. :cheer: :mrgreen:

fernsehen123
Germany

Post by fernsehen123 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:50 pm

Hi,

the link seems to be offline :(

Chiron
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Crusader
Ukraine

Post by Chiron » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:34 pm

Just check it - link is work.

fernsehen123
Germany

Post by fernsehen123 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:46 pm

hm, maybe they block this site here at my workplace. i'll check again at home

Kaladann
Paladin
France

Post by Kaladann » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:03 am

Hello there !
Sorry for late response ;)

The DropBox folder is still alive. It will be for ever, until this service goes down :)

@Talic:
I paused D2 modding for now, but I can give you the sources if you want to adapt the mod for 1.10 ;)

If you guys have ideas to improve this mod, dont hesitate to give them here !

Keep the fun, and bash Baal for me :mrgreen:
Cheer !
CHEERS !

Kaladann
Paladin
France

Post by Kaladann » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:44 pm

v1.3.5 out, some enchancements in the Horadrim Codex, as in the recipes list (Cubemain.txt). More convenient with some items modification...

Feel free to test it out ! 8-O
CHEERS !

Kaladann
Paladin
France

Post by Kaladann » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:26 pm

Sorry for the triple ^^'

`v1.3.5a` out ! Some debug in `Cubemain.txt` from previous update :mrgreen:
CHEERS !

Fawahar

Post by Fawahar » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:46 pm

Downloaded the Mod today to see what's the feeling. Got a fast Sassie, I'm always getting starter Sassies, dkw. Went and killed Andariel with a lovely Katar +2maxdmg. :dead: :dead: :dead:

The run was fast, dirty and smooth. Enough magic/rare gear dropped on the way to keep my mind out of worry for the gear part. The skills are 1.13 which suits me just fine, the affix however I do not like the vanilla way, maybe you would touch them some time in the future... With the fast leveling it turned out that I was lazy to multi-spend my always-popping skillpoints and just went to fast ltng traps build, which is no build at all, more like EAT MY THUNDER freakin' rakanishoos. :lol: Got dead once, ganked by a pack of demons(tainted) at the Cathedral, loled at it. Could not believe it... really. that 25 Vitality was prob-ly too low.

Andi dropped few strange items, I guess I can brew now some Real Uzo with them in the Horadric Brewery!

It didn't disappointed me so far, and you must know... that not many Mods could keep me entertained, quite picky about little details I am, but I enjoyed what I saw so far, mostly because it was fun and because some of the important for me parts of the game are NOT ruined :) There is some things to polish IMO, like there could be a little more UniqeMonsters wandering, and less mana/heath pots dropping. I haven't tested the mercs, will see about that next time I get a run to smash Mrs(Ms) Duriela, I guess with the same lovely Katar. (I'll ask Anya to personalize it, later :cool: )
GG

=========================================
DAY2
=========================================
I loaded myself with some retribution and ran scraping the renaming flesh out of the bone of the ones wandering around Lut Gholein, with my trusty Katar. Killed 'em all. Petty Zombies. Yesterday, I was not clinky enough to call my Sassie - Milla Jovovich. It would fit the role perfectly! No items, just pure balls... oh wait, she is a girl, no balls either... So nothing in the works, but she killed them all! Massacre!

Okay maybe my merc, was doing what he was paid for, helped a bit... Also noticed he leveled pretty nice with me, prob-ly this aspect has been touched, I liked it.
So after the usual run which took me some extra time, like around 1 hour, which is a lot for Act2(maybe because I was drinking at the pub and got a Charm addiction meanwhile) the little sealed hole of Duriel had to visited. Just to say, "hello", you see... no hard feelings Duri...

He didn't seemed happy about it... had to beat him on his hard head, to teach him some manner. However the drop was quite decent. Some new items to transmute in the cube. Just I had used already the grimoire from the Summoner, for nothing, which now I regret.

Went after this to see what my old friend Ormus hangs around at... He looks in this mod to be in the bizz with stolen jewelery. Had some really nice amulets and rings to offer. Snatched one. could not resist it, you know when you play Sassie, all monsters must be blinded permanently, but what if the Cloak of Shadows is on CD?! No problem, DIM VISION!
Last edited by Fawahar on Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
As I look into the cave
The fog doth fill my eyes
Inside lies the answer
A cause for my demise

Kaladann
Paladin
France

Post by Kaladann » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:22 pm

Hey Fawahar !

Glad to see that someone enjoyed the mod :)
You are right 'bout the strange objects... ;)
Thank you for the story, keep us in touch for the next episode !

If you have some ideas, don't hesitate to share, if I've the knowledge for it I can add it in next release :)
I invite you in the mod's Discord to discuss 'bout it ;)
CHEERS !

Kaladann
Paladin
France

Post by Kaladann » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:07 am

Hey guys ! v1.4.0 out !

Changelog :
- TreasureClassEx.txt moddified. Let me know if that's too much :mrgreen:
- Gambles modified too. Normaly better...
- Two maps modified, thx to the modders who release such beautiful maps !
- New recipes for the antidote potion and the thawing potion.
- Some little improvements.
*A little bit of CE now...*
- Charsi imbue forever.
- Larzuk add sockets forever.
- Difficulty display on all lvl of difficulty.
- Items stay longer on the ground before disappearing.
- In Normal, the game look at umon fields to choose randomly generated monsters, but in Higher difficulties it looks at normal monsters columns. Now it the game use the umon fields in all difficulties.

Thank you again to all the great people on the Keep ;)

If you see any bug, do not chase it alone. Come on in #bugs_repport on Discord and let's track him together !

You got an idea ? Come in #feedback on Discord !

As usual, all the informations and credits are in the readme.

-=-

Hello again ! `v1.4.0a` out as an hotfix the the 1.4.0...

Some Bone Fetishes have messed up TreasureClassEx.txt... :triumph:
But no worries, I kicked them off !
Everything should be fine now.

I also did...
- Better probabilities for gamble.
- The maximum gold limit in the stash and on oneself has been increased.
- The Horadric cube recipes list is translated into english.

-=-

Hello again again ! `v1.4.1` out !

There were more Bone Fetishes than I thought. :cry:
Many things were buggy, but now I wish that everything is fixed !

I also did...
- Some sellers now have jewelry on sale. (best way to sell rings and amulets, as well as jewels)
- D2C TreasureClass modified. (I hope the items will drop as expected)
- LoD TreasureClassEx modified. (drop adjusted)
- Some recipes in CubeMain were adjusted

Sorry for late update :crying:

-=-

Hey again ! `v1.4.1a` out as an hotfix for the 1.4.1.

__***changelog :***__
- Fixed (revert to the old value) a bug with the transmutation of Mournblade & Stormbringer to give the Twin Blades, due to a too high level req. (I did this to prevent this item to be droped by monsters... Normaly I want that the player can only have this item with the cube)
- TBL modified : [ModStr5q] Deadly Strike -> Chance of Deadly Strike

Happy bashing ! :sword:
CHEERS !

TheFallenAngel
Paladin
Germany

Post by TheFallenAngel » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:32 am

hi,
i gambled this staff here.
unfortunately i haven't a sorceress in this levelrange to equip it, so my question is - what does '25% give information about your hero'? *g

btw, the word 'informations' with an S added don't exist, its only 'information' * (sorry for pointing that out)

i'm playing your mod now for a week or so, and i like it so far.

suggestion/idea/wish for barbarians - is it possible to add daggers to the swordmastery skill in combat masteries? would be nice if daggers would benefit from that too.
background - i'm running around with a barbarian equipped with 2 gulls *g

... he became a corrupt shadow of his former self -
a fallen angel, trusted neither by heaven nor hell ...

Kaladann
Paladin
France

Post by Kaladann » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:19 pm

Hello !

Thank you to point me my misspelling !
English is not my mother tongue, it is possible that there are many other mistakes. Thank you to let me know so that I can correct them ;)

For Arcanna's Deathwand, normally it's "25% Chance of Deadly Strike".

With the last update of the mod, I changed the definition of this magic property from "Deadly Strike" to "Chance of Deadly Strike", to mirror "Chance of Crushing Blow" and "Chance of Open Wounds".
To do that, I had to add a line in "patchstring.tbl".
It appears that the game, when it generates an item, give the line of the text to show, but if you change something in the string file, sometimes it's messing.
The strange part is that the line "Give information about your hero" is just after, not before, and it should not interfere with that.
Sorry to say that, but you have to dropp this item again, or give it to you with an editor :cry:

Can I use your screenshot to post it on the discord, to tell other players that it is possible that some items already dropped can be bugged ?

[Edit]
You dropped this staff before the last update, right ?
[/Edit]
CHEERS !

TheFallenAngel
Paladin
Germany

Post by TheFallenAngel » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:00 pm

- of course you can use my screenshot *g

- i gambled the staff with 1.4.1a yesterday, imho the latest version, right?

- don't know how important this is: i enabled the multistashpages funcionality of plugy for collecting reasons *g
i also enabled the hero-information pages of plugy, because i find it very useful, and its disabled in your mod - i hope that isn't the problem.

Kaladann
Paladin
France

Post by Kaladann » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:46 pm

Thank you ;)

Yes that's the last version. It's weird, the bug theoretically appends with already dropped items. I'll test to reproduce your issue.

No worries about enabling this features of Plugy.
I desactiveted the multi-stach because we play in multiplayers with friends.
For the hero-information pages, I created some items to display such information, as a mini quest to grab all the ingredients ;)

[edit]
I have a char who had got Arcanna's Deathwand before the update, and the item is like your's, with this exact bad description.

I did some tests. (I only put "War Staff" in "gamble.txt" to speed up the testing procedure, but all the other files were like v1.4.1a during the test)
I gambled many staff, all without bug. Game both in french and in english.
I'm prety sure you dropped this staff before the update, or maybe you dropped it, then relaunch the game with an anterior version (v1.4.1, 1.4.0 or or before) ?

I'm going to put an announcement that some dropped objects before the update containing this magic mod could be bugged.
The only way to get them back is to drop them again, or give them back with an editor.

I use "UdieToo" for my test, as it is compatible with modded game. (see the readme for how to setup the editor with a modded game)
You can grab it here. (to moderation: if this link is forbidden, I apologize, feel free to delete it)

Thank you very much for testing my mod, I hope there will be no more bugg of this kind :oops:
And thank you for giving your feedback on what could be improved!
If you have a nice idea, do not hesitate to share it, it may be added to the mod if I have the skills :)

Cheers !
[/edit]
CHEERS !

TheFallenAngel
Paladin
Germany

Post by TheFallenAngel » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:33 pm

Kaladann wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:46 pm
I'm prety sure you dropped this staff before the update, or maybe you dropped it, then relaunch the game with an anterior version (v1.4.1, 1.4.0 or or before) ?
i downloaded version 1.4.1a last saturday, 8th of sept. and installed it immediately. the screenshot is taken on sunday, the 9th of sept. exactly after i gambled the staff.
and i'm sure i downloaded the exact version 1.4.1a, because you offer only the up-to-date version of your mod.

unfortunately that staff didn't appear since while gambling ... *g

next screens here: screen 2 & screen3
i equipped my act 1 rogue with the shown circlet. look at the circlet-stats pls and check the rogues resistances, especially fire, before the circlet is equipped and then after equipping the circlet.
what do i miss there? additional but hidden fire res? *g

edit: looks like 'chance of deadly strike' gives the exact fire res of its value ... got a belt and boots with deadly strike, that also (or instead of deadly strike?) give fire res.
20% deadly strike = +20 fire res, 33% d.s. = +33 fire res and so on.

Kaladann
Paladin
France

Post by Kaladann » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:48 pm

In this case, I do not know exactly what happened ^^'

Try to download the latest version again. I'm afraid your items keep this bad description, maybe not.

You are right about the fire resist. The game display the wrong line of the "patchstring.tbl" file : it should be "Fire Resist", but it shows "Chance of Deadly Strike" instead.

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience ;(

Do you think I should leave earlier versions of the mod ?
CHEERS !

TheFallenAngel
Paladin
Germany

Post by TheFallenAngel » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:38 am

Kaladann wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:48 pm
Do you think I should leave earlier versions of the mod ?
no, i only wanted to make clear that i had the latest version, 1.4.1a.

Kaladann
Paladin
France

Post by Kaladann » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:08 am

TheFallenAngel wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:38 am
no, i only wanted to make clear that i had the latest version, 1.4.1a.
Okay :)

Let me know if display bug append again on new items.
Sorry for the past items :(

-+-

Hello ! v1.4.2 out !

changelog :
- MagicPrefix.txt and MagicSuffix.txt modified to avoid low level mods on high level items.
- Constricting Ring comes back, set to area lvl 85+.

I need huge feedback about dropped items on this release !

-+-

Hello Again ! v1.4.3 comes out of hell !

changelog :
- TreasureClass.txt and TreasureClassEx.txt Rebalanced. (One day, I'll find THE perfect tunning ! :dizzy_face: )
- CREEPY TRISTRAM by VOLF for Uber Tristram. Map is not the right one (http://diabolic.d2mods.info/act1/creepy-tristram-volf)
- "Sword Mastery" From barbarian skills morph into "Sword and dagger Mastery". I do not remember who gave me this idea
- UI a little modified (The bubbles are prettier huh ?)

I still need huge feedback about dropped items please !

Happy bashing ! :buzzsaw:
CHEERS !

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:55 am

Kaladann wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:03 am
Hello there !

If you guys have ideas to improve this mod, dont hesitate to give them here !

Keep the fun, and bash Baal for me :mrgreen:
Cheer !
Hi.

Here are some ideas if possible, I play more SP but maybe I'm not the only one.

Would it be possible to create additional version of the mod which would contain multires i.e. 1024x768, and automatic gold pick up.

Thank You.

Kaladann
Paladin
France

Post by Kaladann » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:19 pm

Hello !

I plan to use the fantastic BaseMod Plugin by devurandom in the futur, so automatic gold pick up wild be enabled.
I'll update the mod in few weeks. I already have the new splash screen...

For the multires, I Think it's a personal choice. I don't dig on the subject, as I play with the legacy res.
I don't really know how to add this feature to my mod, but I wish that can be added by user without interfering with the mod ?

Thank you for the reply and have fun ! :o
CHEERS !

jessedazebra
Paladin
Zimbabwe

Post by jessedazebra » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:30 pm

I can help you with MultiRes, I successfully made it work with BaseMod. Just DM me in discord if you want, you can find me on PK's discord channel.

Kaladann
Paladin
France

Post by Kaladann » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:42 pm

Hi Jessedazebra, and are you still around ?
CHEERS !

Return to “Member Аnnouncements”