TBC Alpha (Finally!)

This forum is for members of the public to post any announcements relating to Diablo 2 Mod Making including mod and patch releases amongst other similar subjects.
k0r3l1k
Angel
United States of America

Re: TBC Alpha (Finally!)

Post by k0r3l1k » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:21 pm

Its been a week or so and I've been hard at work. (though i took a little break to clear my head) but now i've got some news about my progress.

I just gutted ISC.txt and Skills.txt to make room for the all new skill sets i've designed. I'll be working on these skills pretty much nonstop until they are all done, but it will probably take a few weeks at least. I plan to create new special effects for almost every single skill, and i will be doing some pretty in depth testing to ensure they work properly and are as bug free as possible. This also might leave some artifacts behind for my next update (im pretty terrible at retracing my steps and undoing all the test related changes i made).

At any rate, the big update is coming, new skills for every class and a reworked stat system, although i will still use the primary stats, each skill will benefit from stats in its own way. Most spell type skills will gain damage or effect from energy, most spear/bow skills will improve based on dex, other melee skills will improve based on str, etc. The skills themselves will hold the details of how they improve from each stat. Also critical hits will be a big factor now, and all abilities will have their own chance to crit.

Thats about all i can share for now. like i said, i'll be working pretty ravenously, so please dont take it personally if you dont hear from me for a while.

weapon-x
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
Philippines

Post by weapon-x » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:47 pm

:P

nice...

will stay tuned for more updates

good luck !
" It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. "

~Mark Twain

k0r3l1k
Angel
United States of America

Post by k0r3l1k » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:29 pm

{filtered} hits the fan:
Well my secondary hard drive just failed. (the one that had all my modding work on it).
The good news: I am very meticulous about keeping files backed up so i really only lost a couple hours of work, none of the really important stuff was damaged/lost.
The not so good news: Now my main hard drive is totally full (squeezing all my project files/games/etc and backup onto one hard drive is pretty cramped).
The bad news: Until i can get a new hard drive and get my system set up and running again, there wont be any modding i can do.

I'm hoping to have everything in order and be working on my mod again within 5-7 days, sorry about the delay.

R.I.P. ST31000333AS you will be mourned by my bank account.

kRoN

Post by kRoN » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:18 am

I registered to say that I have not been this excited for a Diablo2:LOD Mod since 'Median 2008' and 'MedianXL'. I believe your mod will actually surpass the work of BrotherLaz and take it's crown. Also, I have no idea how you got WoW graphics into the game so colorfully and seamlessly. Great job. Please do not stop! I am currently not playing the Alpha because of your current work in re-designing the skills and implementing other features, which I have never even heard of being in a mod before. Keep going! (I check this thread everyday :D )

-kRoN

k0r3l1k
Angel
United States of America

Post by k0r3l1k » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:56 am

I really appreciate your feedback and excitement. I'll really try to live up to your expectations. Like i said, I wont be able to get a new hard drive for a few days yet (its supposed to get here on Thursday) and then i can reinstall stuff on my machine. Its great to hear such high praise, honestly i hold BrotherLaz in somewhat of a league of his own. The sheer amount of content and quality of polish has always inspired me.

Please continue to play and enjoy, I will be doing my best to provide as high quality as I can in my project.

One last note, TBC is still a project name, but I really want to settle on a name by the time i reach beta. If you have any suggestions I'd love to hear them. A name I am sort of leaning toward but am not particularly fond of is Dawn of Chaos. I have also been considering Ascendant's Legacy.

k0r3l1k
Angel
United States of America

Post by k0r3l1k » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:29 pm

NEW HARDDRIVE YAY! I finished reinstalling windows and setting stuff up, drivers etc at around 3am last night. Spent all morning modding and got my new "attack" skill done. The throw/shoot/lefthandswing skills are all very similar in function so a lot of it will be copy/paste, but i went ahead and did up the description how i want it, no more relying on the LCS.

Here are some screenshots of the desc (its pretty damn accurate too).

I'll give a quick breakdown of how the damage works too:
damag per hit is roughly equal to
min: wN + ((((S * sB) + (D * dB)) * C * (150 + wS)) / 1000000)
max: wX + ((((S * sB) + (D * dB)) * C * (150 + wS)) / 1000000)

wN = minimum weapon damage
wX = maximum weapon damage
S = player accrued strength
D = player accrued dexterity
sB = str bonus from weapon (from weapons.txt)
dB = dex bonus from weapon (from weapons.txt)
C = damage coefficient (20 for attack skills (or 0.2))
wS = speed of weapon (from weapons.txt)

so to sum it up, it uses the weapon type to determine what str/dex ratio the bonus uses, and factors weapon speed to get the bonus damage based on stats. (i plan to have about 40% of your damage be from stats, another 40% from the skills you use and 20% from your actual weapon)

note that enhanced weapon damage wont exist at all, there will be modifiers that improve the coefficient or something similar, but weapon damage will pretty much just be a flat addition to your damage, and the weapon speed/str/dex bonus will have much more impact on actual damage bonus.

kRoN

Post by kRoN » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:56 pm

Ok, so I haven't been able to check the thread much due to RL Issues but I am glad to see the progress! It looks very impressive and complex. Please keep up the great work, it is a selfless effort and at least for me it seems the D2 Modding Community is starved for a new "gamechanger" mod and I think this one will be the one. Also, grats on the new HD and I must say I do prefer "Ascendant's Legacy" but maybe you could come up with a couple more names closer to next beta release and make a poll? Anyway, the name is a moot point this far into the process, just keep on keepin' on! :)

weapon-x
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
Philippines

Post by weapon-x » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:40 am

any progress on TBC? :mrgreen:

and ow by the way, the screenshots posted, were blocked by Imageshack or something :P
in states "Unregistered Domain, blah blah blah"

anyhow, good luck
" It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. "

~Mark Twain

Marvell

Post by Marvell » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:20 pm

Wow, I had to register just to say I hope you come back and work on this soon. This mod looks magnificent.
I haven't been this excited for D2...ever.

Looks great can't wait to see more :D

k0r3l1k
Angel
United States of America

Post by k0r3l1k » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:02 am

As it happens i have decided to take another serious look at continuing work on TBC, which is being revamped in design quite significantly. Please understand that there wont be anything to release for quite some time. I may decide to start releasing a lot of spoilers to appease the gracious few who support me so avidly ^__^

Marvell

Post by Marvell » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:28 pm

k0r3l1k" wrote:As it happens i have decided to take another serious look at continuing work on TBC, which is being revamped in design quite significantly. Please understand that there wont be anything to release for quite some time. I may decide to start releasing a lot of spoilers to appease the gracious few who support me so avidly ^__^
No joke I would pay $ for your mod if all the things you are wanting to accomplish get done.
It looks great so far and it just makes you want more O.o.
I really can't wait looks BEAST.
New Items/Skills and I think I even heard you say you were going to make the characters look different ^-^

Could be one of the best mods of all time.

weapon-x
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
Philippines

Post by weapon-x » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:01 am

cool... will stay tune for the next build ;)

~Mark Twain

Marvell

Post by Marvell » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:24 am

Is this being worked on ^-^

prodigypm
Banned
Champion of the Light

Post by prodigypm » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:29 am

dont think we aren't looking at your project - its very very nice ... gives a new look to diablo - Like every moder u do it differently . Thats what i like about phrozen keep.

I'm supporting this full heartedly (dunno if my spelling is correct)

Every project here is like a new shining star that lights us all.
Keep your head up and keep working - You got my full support !
We're moving faster than lights and dealing with these demons inside so , Where are the ones who made us now!?

GamerMommy

Post by GamerMommy » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:18 am

I know this is an old thread, but just wondering if anyone knows of somewhere to download this mod? The above Gamefront links don't
appear to work and I am unable to find it elsewhere, any help would be appreciated; I would really like to try this mod. :lol:

k0r3l1k
Angel
United States of America

Post by k0r3l1k » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:14 am

I'd love to reupload a version you could download but I modified the files i was working on and had lost all previous versions due to a hard drive crash. The only version i was able to preserve is deeply in transition between the alpha and beta version which has been discontinued. You do have my permission to get it from anyone who might have an older version still.

GamerMommy

Post by GamerMommy » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:18 am

Thank you very much. Your mod looks great! Hopefully I'll get to try it eventually.

k0r3l1k
Angel
United States of America

Post by k0r3l1k » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:12 pm

I'm looking for anyone who still might have a copy of this mod. Any version should work- I need it as a reference to changes that were made which I plan on using in an inDev project of mine.

If anyone still has a copy and can upload it for me please let me know.

mirecek
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Arch-Angel

Post by mirecek » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:15 pm

Give me a minute, uploading ..
"Each of those few chords separated by complete silence feels like a knife wound to the heart"

There is no greater sorrow than to recall happiness in times of misery. Draconian

curse

Post by curse » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:29 pm

Hey guys,

I used to have this for my old PC, but the harddrive died and I lost everything, so I bought a new laptop. I was wondering if anyone has any live links for this brilliant mod?! All of the previous ones seem to be dead.

prodigypm
Banned
Champion of the Light

Post by prodigypm » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:32 am

curse" wrote:Hey guys,

I used to have this for my old PC, but the harddrive died and I lost everything, so I bought a new laptop. I was wondering if anyone has any live links for this brilliant mod?! All of the previous ones seem to be dead.
Nope My bad It was black parade .
Last edited by prodigypm on Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
We're moving faster than lights and dealing with these demons inside so , Where are the ones who made us now!?

curse

Post by curse » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:31 am

prodigypm" wrote:

Sure thing mate - Nom Nom Nom - Yummy.

You should also try This topic if you are searching for something you can't find . Enjoy :)
Hi there,

thank you for that awesome post! I was imagining that many of the links were going to die and never be ressiscated(sic) again! Nice to have them all ine one space..!

But unfortunately that one is The Black Parade, the one I am looking for is TBC (To Be Concluded) haha. Sorry I hope I'm not sounding like a hastler lol

prodigypm
Banned
Champion of the Light

Post by prodigypm » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:25 am

curse" wrote:
prodigypm" wrote:

Sure thing mate - Nom Nom Nom - Yummy.

You should also try This topic if you are searching for something you can't find . Enjoy :)
Hi there,

thank you for that awesome post! I was imagining that many of the links were going to die and never be ressiscated(sic) again! Nice to have them all ine one space..!

But unfortunately that one is The Black Parade, the one I am looking for is TBC (To Be Concluded) haha. Sorry I hope I'm not sounding like a hastler lol
Yep my bad TBC , TBP all kinda look the same In my folder :D . This one's links are all dead I think few persons have it . It was only uploaded on filefront . Sorry

petri53
Germany

Post by petri53 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:23 pm

k0r3l1k" wrote:I'd love to reupload a version you could download but I modified the files i was working on and had lost all previous versions due to a hard drive crash. The only version i was able to preserve is deeply in transition between the alpha and beta version which has been discontinued. You do have my permission to get it from anyone who might have an older version still.
Hello,
this article is already older, but I have it unfortunately read it now and try it simply times.
I would have the version TBC Patch 7.4.1 and TBC Alpha 0.7.4 Music. I could send them.
greetings

k0r3l1k
Angel
United States of America

Post by k0r3l1k » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:28 pm

Please do.

Return to “Member Аnnouncements”