TBC Alpha (Finally!)

This forum is for members of the public to post any announcements relating to Diablo 2 Mod Making including mod and patch releases amongst other similar subjects.
andsimo
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Crusader
Christmas Island

Re: TBC Alpha (Finally!)

Post by andsimo » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:18 pm

Font is not the main thing in the your mod. Personally I'm waiting to upgrade to version which will be implemented the basic ideas.
Features yet to be added
-New levels/story (yeah, this one will take a while).
-New Uniques and Set items! (i'm hoping to do this gradually but quickly... we'll see).
-New Hireable abilities and more. (it all depends on what i can get to work, mercs are a pain in my a$$ to work with.)
-New event oriented boss fights! They will blow your mind! (i have a lot of ideas for this, but they all need a lot of testing to make work.)
Fonts can be left for later :)
mods observer

k0r3l1k
Angel
United States of America

Post by k0r3l1k » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:57 pm

Yeah i see your point, other features do hold a lot more appeal. I guess i got stuck on a tangent... the main reason i decided to change the font right away is that i wanted to set the mood for the new item system (having a new font helps alleviate people of the traditional d2 mindset). I want people to realize the that the system i am using for items is very different, and they shouldn't expect things to go like they do in vanilla. I also hope people can appreciate this, as i know the thing that keeps so many people interested in d2 is the sheer absurdity of it all.

At any rate, i am postponing the update slightly longer than i thought i would (again, so sorry i haven't been more diligent, i just keep finding things that need to be ironed out before it is workable :/ )

ZOMB

Post by ZOMB » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:57 pm

This mod is so awesome!
I like that idea about inventory graphics...
I'm in act 2 and am i right that the music in town is from movie Black Hawk Down?
Maybe k0r3l1k have fixed the mistake in in the latest version of mod but i noticet that infius scroll is "1x1" but in inventory it is 2x2...

nice work man... by the way how much time did you spend on this mod :?:
Fan, player and modmaker of game Diablo 2
Diablo 2: Is Alive
Diablo 2: Skiller

k0r3l1k
Angel
United States of America

Post by k0r3l1k » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:41 am

yeah i did fix the inifus scroll. I started the mod about a year ago, but havent been working on it non stop. Its been sort of off and on, and i've redone a lot with new ideas etc. And thanks for the appreciation, its great hearing that people like my work.

kidpaddle94
Forum Legend
Principality
Canada

Post by kidpaddle94 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:12 am

@k0r3l1k. this new font is completely awesome!!

Do you think you will release this font here as a plugin, that would be really great?

k0r3l1k
Angel
United States of America

Post by k0r3l1k » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:31 am

the thought hadn't occurred to me. Although i'm not sure i want to, mainly because i want my mod to be as unique as possible, and seeing another mod with this font would sort of ruin it. (one of the reason i avoid using plug-ins myself, i like my features to be all original, though i do appreciate the support and help i get from the community, directly importing things into my mod just feels like a knockoff of someone else s ideas and work.)

At any rate the font isn't completely finished, there are still a few things i need to do to tweak it up, once it is completely finished, i might consider uploading a plug-in if there are a lot of people that are interested.

kidpaddle94
Forum Legend
Principality
Canada

Post by kidpaddle94 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:35 am

ah it's ok. I understand.

k0r3l1k
Angel
United States of America

Post by k0r3l1k » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:02 am

Alright! Time for a new update. Again sorry to those who've been disappointed by delays, I hope you find this satisfactory. The new version is a complete package, so you should remove any previous versions of the mod to avoid conflicts, and as always its a good idea to back up your original files even though the included installer is designed to preserve them.

The download is also available with music and without, though I strongly recommend downloading the music version. It does add quite a lot to the atmosphere of the mod.

TBC Alpha 0.7.4 WITH Music

TBC Alpha 0.7.4 WITHOUT Music

• Features/Change-log
  • Added a snazzy new font and new text color. Note that certain other objects have their tint adjusted- these changes are intentional with the exception of cold damage, which now displays as gray. Unfortunately there was no way for me to define this separately from the 'enhanced' text color.
  • Added New Items
    -New slots include wrist, legs and shoulder (replaces rings and amulet- I've never liked jewelry)
    -New Cloth, Leather and Chain/Plate armor. These armors have stats designed to suit caster/ranged/melee class builds respectively.
    -All item qualities added, please note that at present it is not possible to get items of better quality than Elegant (rare).
  • Vendors no longer sell armor/weapons and they cannot be gambled for (on that note to prevent crashes when gambling there are still rings/amulets, do not buy them they are worth nothing and a total waste of gold).
  • Item Crafting has been implemented
    -added 5 grades of cloth materials (cotton, silk, frostsilk, flameweave, manathread)
    -added 5 grades of leather materials (hide, leather, yetihide, demonskin, dragonscale)
    -added 5 grades of metal materials (bronze, steel, mithril, titanium, adamantium)
    -added 5 grades of wood materials (lumber, cherrywood, stonewood, etherwood, ancientwood)
    -added 10 grades of 'enchantment' materials (mystical powder, enchanted sphere, astral powder, infinity essence, twilight crystal, infernal heart, vortex powder, eternal sphere, void crystal, sliver of infinity)
    -added 19,840 crafting recipes (please enjoy them)
  • Completely redesigned the monster TC's. Please be patient if it seems off-balance, this is an alpha- any feedback is appreciated.
    -removed most miscellaneous items from monster drop tables. Potions, crafting materials and gold are almost the only drops now. This should reduce clutter on the ground, also materials are designed to be useful for every class (some more so than others). Selling unneeded materials should be a major source of income now. Overall gold acquisition reduced considerably.
  • Re-re-redid the armor function and quantity on items, it should function better now and not conflict with any magic properties. (Its much cleaner than before)
  • Further adjusted monster health/damage/level. It should be much more challenging over all though not too difficult (i did have a hard time as a paladin from level 1-10 though, I'll be looking into redesigning might (probably will have +damage based on strength)).
Soon I will be appending this message with a table containing the crafting recipes to craft armor and weapons.

Edit:
This recipe table is taking much longer than I thought it would so i will briefly explain the core system here.

6 of almost any material will create the next grade of material, so 6 cotton > 1 silk. This works in most cases, but not for higher level enchanting mats. To create armor you need a pattern and X number of one kind of material. X will always be 1, 3, 6, 12 or 24. The lower quality the material the more you need. (obviously higher quality mats produce better armor.) To make weapons you need a different combination of materials depending on the weapon type. 12 total for one handed weapons, 24 total for 2 handed weapons. The materials needed are sort of a compilation of what the weapon is made of. This is mostly logical, but kind of something you will have to figure out by trying it. Also, the materials for weapons and armor need to be of the same grade for each recipie. (ie: lumber, cotton, hide, bronze. Or cherrywood, steel, silk, leather. Etc)

For a freebie I'll tell you how to make a one handed sword and a bow.
Spoiler: "One Handed Swords: 2 wood, 9 metal, 1 leather. Bows: 14 wood, 3 leather, 7 cloth."

Also you can use enchanting items to upgrade any armor/weapon. The quality of item determines how many and what quality enchants are needed. Also enchants can be used to improve the stats of any output when combined with another recipe, I'll leave it up to you guys to figure out which enchants to use.
If needed I will supply a list of all cube recipes, after all the crafting system is designed to make game play more dynamic and allow better itemization. Not to leave player scratching their heads.

Next patch its really up in the air at this point, it may be soon or take some considerable time. I have a lot of ideas, and i need to do some testing before I'll know what i can do and not. If things work out as planned the next update will be quite substantial. If not, the update will most likely include a few skill changes and a huge amount of unique/set items.
Redoing the level setup and boss fights is sort of on the back-burner for now, but i have some solid ideas on what i plan to do with it, just dont expect to see these features in the next week.

Also I want to remind everyone they can download Hamachi and join my network: 'D2 Playground', no password required.

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:28 am

this :rocker:
only 2 things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity ... although i'm not sure yet about the universe (c) Albert Einstein
http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?p ... hot051.jpg (WOW)

inferno-hero
Champion of the Light

Post by inferno-hero » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:04 am

This mod is legit... period. Definitely climbing to the top of my Favorite List.
Necrolis wrote: Wtf this needs no code.
WTF you n00bs!!!
Short Answer: NO
The Forgotten: In The Making
The Forgotten
Read the TERMS OF SERVICE before posting!!!

cla$$ics
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by cla$$ics » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:52 am

This mod is quite impressive. So impressive, that it has awakened the almighty cla$$ics. :P

If you need help with anything, feel free to shout to me over MSN.
Although done for our needs, mod-makers should like these changes, too.
11/1/08 - COTL; 5/10/09 - Angel; 11/11/09 - Archangel

k0r3l1k
Angel
United States of America

Post by k0r3l1k » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:44 am

@cla$$ics i'm honored! :) I might have to take you up on that offer. Thanks for taking a look, i'll see you around.

kambala
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Crusader
Russia

Post by kambala » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:33 pm

it doesn't work with plugy (10) - when entering the game with the selected character, it says "unable to enter game, generic bad file". intended?

btw I like the new font :)
cross-platform tools: K.A.M.B.A.L.A.: Kinetic Artificial Machine Built for Assassination and Logical Analysis

m00hkuh

Post by m00hkuh » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:19 pm

Hi,

first of all, i really like this mod and cant wait for any future versions :)

@ kambala

it works with fine for me with Plugy10 (while using D2SE) as you can see on my screen, so it has to be an issue with your d2/plugy installation

greetz

k0r3l1k
Angel
United States of America

Post by k0r3l1k » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:31 pm

I am not responsible for plug-in support. Though I don't have a problem with anyone using plugy or other addons of this kind,
i have no intention of keeping my mod compatible just so someone can use them. If any changes i make for some reason prevent the use of these type of plug-ins, then its just tough luck. Furthermore, although i haven't undergone much effort to secure the contents of my mod- extracting files i have created is considered plagiarism if used in another mod, and thievery if they aren't. Please respect the contents of files i provide for your entertainment.

MPABKATA_Z

Post by MPABKATA_Z » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:30 am

Okay, i installed fresh 1.13, i attached a screenshot of my inventory. I cannot play, because when i try to press to change my skill or press S, my game crashes:

Code: Select all

Halt
Expression : Unrecoverable internal error 6fe21742
Also i downloaded the WITH MUSIC file, but I'm listening to the old Diablo music. I checked main cities and several areas but no change there too.

Any suggestions why my version is so bugged?

I'm so sorry, i manually deleted the original files, and renamed .DoC. to .dll and everything is perfect now. I dont know how, but your Install.bat actually didn't worked for me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

k0r3l1k
Angel
United States of America

Post by k0r3l1k » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:15 pm

that is strange I hope nobody else had this problem, and i'm glad you got it resolved.

Vlad

Post by Vlad » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:37 am

I have figured out a few recipes so far, but I am curious to know what the token of absolution does?
"We never ever will die 'cause Heavy Metal is life"

b1shon

Post by b1shon » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:24 am

Hi, thanks for the great mod but I found a serious problem with finishing 3th ACT of the game. Khalim Flail wants 101 level to be equipped so... I can't understand how can I finish this act ?

k0r3l1k
Angel
United States of America

Post by k0r3l1k » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I am aware of quite a few major bugs including the flail. I've already fixed a few of them, and am working on fixes for others. Should have a bug fix out pretty soon.

edit:

This patch will allow access to the durance of hate and subsequent acts. You'll have to run it as a -direct -txt until i complete the next version.

Can be downloaded here

To set up the patch you must first copy the data folder into the directory where you have TBC installed. Then create a shortcut to your current TBC 'diablo ii.exe', right click the shortcut and in 'properties' find the 'target' field. Simply append this field with "-direct -txt", do not include the quotation.

Also if you wish to use older characters you must delete the file "itemstatcost.txt" in the data\global\excel folder. This will undo a possible fix for a known bug with skill points.

I recommend against doing this, it would be very helpful to me to have as many people as possible test this bug fix to see if the problem persists.

MPABKATA_Z

Post by MPABKATA_Z » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:19 pm

Hallelujah!

Here is the new feedback:

There is NO sound in the following Act5 areas:

Abaddon
Pit of Acheron
Crystalline Passage
Frozen River
Glacial Trail
Drifter Cavern
Infernal Pit
The Ancients' Way
Icy Cellar
Arreat Summit
Worldstone Keep
Throne of Destruction
The Worldstone Chamber

Qual-Kehk Quest Reward: Ral+Ort+Tal (i saw the new rune icons and they are so cool, but what the runes do :D)
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i211/ ... t016-3.jpg

Malah Quest Reward: Scroll of resistance (1x1 or 4x4)
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i211/ ... hot013.jpg

Anya quest reward: Wolf Head (101 lvl)
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i211/ ... hot012.jpg

I'm on nightmare already ;). Still, cannot find how to make good items. When we will have some guide at least ;(

k0r3l1k
Angel
United States of America

Post by k0r3l1k » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:58 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I've been working on other stuff, i'll try to get around to fixing some of the issues. At the moment most quest rewards are disabled until i redo the quests. (thus getting a useless item from quel-qek and anya.) The sound is another issue altogether, something i will take special effort to fix. Runes and gems have not been implemented yet, but i do have something special in mind for them. For the crafting guide, i am still working on it but until i redo all this other stuff im working on i cant make set/unique items because i dont have stats to put on them yet :(

Sorry This is still an alpha so please dont take it too hard that a lot of features are missing or broken :cry: .

right now the best working recipe in the game is 24 material + slot piece. So for leather eq you will want to put 24 dragonscale and a slot pattern in the cube to make a rare item.

Vlad

Post by Vlad » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:58 am

This is by far my favorite mod I have played so far but I must ask, are you bringing back drops and keeping the crafting system at some point or will it be just the crafting system, cause I am spending a ton of time in town just trying to upgrade my gear and it can get pretty frustrating. It seems I spend more time trying to catch up with my gear and weapons then I am with advancing in the game and leveling.

k0r3l1k
Angel
United States of America

Post by k0r3l1k » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:47 am

I apologize for the state the crafting/drop system is in currently, i did sort of rush to put the drops in and implement everything in time for the update. Long term plans are to greatly extend monster drops, however- you wont be finding gear drops from anything other than chests/armor stands (monsters drop mats, that's just how it is going to be). However once i have the crafting guide completed and available crafting should be much quicker since you will know how to make what you need rather than spending a lot of time with trial and error.

I cannot emphasize this enough- this is an alpha. It is pre-beta and the majority of features are still incomplete. Please be patient, i very much appreciate the feedback, but listing incomplete or missing features is not entirely necessary unless it seems like a clear bug- (ex: act 3 quest item requiring level 101). I'm very glad to hear the positive feedback, and i'll be working on the features a lot.

Currently i am reworking how stats influence player spells/damage, and essentially remaking all skill/class abilities. This will be quite a lengthy process, so the next major update wont be for some weeks at best, i will try to continue providing fixes for issues in the current version.

Vlad

Post by Vlad » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:41 am

Sounds great where your heading, can't wait for the next update. keep up the good work! :D

Return to “Member Аnnouncements”