Day of Death

This forum allows mod makers with projects in the beginning stages to showcase their mod.

No votes

Total votes: 0

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Day of Death

Post by Myhrginoc » Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:48 am

We are pleased to announce a new project by Necrolis!

Day of Death

Mod Maker: Necrolis
Patch Version: LoD 1.10

Story
The story is largely unchanged except for the NPC's side quests (Don't expect Dark Alliance level of coding....yet) Each NPC has thier own set of quests for Normal, Nightmare and Hell. Most of the quests objectives will be discovered as you advance though the main (standard) plot/arc some span a few acts. Just to give a brief example of one of the quests:

Sanctum of Sin granted by Cain in Act III
"When I was a child my father gave me a map of what I though was a constilation of stars, but as both my age and wisdom grew I discovered that this was far more that any ordinary map. When drenched in blood it would revealed the location of a temple, devoured by Oblivion never to be seen again, long forgotten, its treasures lost forever...... If these treasures could be found, their power can be used against the evil that spawned them." not to ruin it too much..... lets just say the "treasure" is not what it appears....

Items
I have added may new items and new class items and like I've seen written in may threads before...each item will have something to separate it from another item, where some of the low level items might be better than higher level items.... this includes a rebalanced affix pool. Theres also going to be a huge focus on the Horodric Cube which will be used for a whole range of things such as: Smithing(Forging; Crafting; Tempering etc.) Alchemy and Mystasism(Enchanthing; Rechanting; Phasing etc.)

Professions
When you start you character you'll have 3 different professions to choose from which will determine your skills, but this doesn't block/stop you from investing in skills outside your profession, but skills in your chosen profession will be able to go up to higher levels. There is much more to the professions, but this will have to be discovered by the players if the choose....

Skills
Each class will receive 21 new skills which will (hopefully) encourage diversity. 1 of these skills will be a godly spell, and they are very powerful but require a huge sacrifice to cast...;). Currently only the Necromancer and Paladin will be available in beta 1 so ill give detailed descriptions of there skills later on. Each Profession also unlocks certian proffesion only skills but they are to be discovered....

Monsters & Heros
The monsters will be structured so that they force you to think and use your different skill and weapon combos, so that you don't have one ownage skill that pwns all...As for the hero's each will be diverse and have some impact on the game, but some of the hero's im thinking of are things(to the best of my knowledge) haven't been done. For instance - Imagine battling not an uberboss or an level filled with high powered monsters, but rather the level/terrain itself....Also all the (prime and lesser) Evils will be far more of a challenge, think not a battle think a war....

Hirelings
Each act will now have 4 variants of hirelings/mercenaries (this include act V)they will all be rebalanced, but they will be more effective against their natural enemies.

Mapping
Well all I can say is that almost every map will be redone and there will be alot of new area's.

Code Edits
D2Mod System by SVR
PlugY by Yohann
SklTree by RicFaith and TalonRage
NewTxt by Havvoric
Hireling selling by any vendor by Elliot_009
Alot of Code discoveries and plugins by Nefarius and Myhrginoc
Utility by SVR
KillCounter by RicFaith
SkillShort by RicFaith
LevelUp by Havvoric
CustomTbl by afj666/SVR
LevelFX by SVR
D2Hireling by Baron_Josh/SVR
Waypoints by RicFaith
MercDesc by Myhrginoc
GemFix by Myhrginoc
ScrollItem by Joel
ExtLvl by afj666
And a few more that i cant fine authors for but I'm very grateful
Title
Log
CharStart
And a big thanks to the makes of all the modding tools and resources on the keep[/quote]
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:37 pm

I've been too lazy to updated this and i've been very busy, but no worries the modding continues, currently i'm converting all my code edits to d2mod for ease of use...

Code Edits
Monster life rollover cap by Myhrginoc
Reverting Whirlwind to D2C' speed by Nefarius
Hireling Max resurection cost by Myhrginoc
Enabling hirling selling for any NPC by Elliot_009
D2C Blocking by Nefarius
Permstore bugfix by Nefarius
Randtrans bugfix by Nefarius
Defence while running by Nefarius
Unique monsters number of minions by Nefarius
Menu button modifacation by Elliot_009
(Quest)Item socket limits and modifacation by Myhrginoc
Dynamic gamble prices for rings and amulets by Myhrginoc
Boss aura table + other boss funcs by Nefarius & Myhrginoc
Knockback modifacation by Nefarius
Ormus and Anya quest reward modifacations by Myhrginoc, Nefarius & Elliot_009
Item generation mlvl by Nefarius
Paladin "Skelly summon damage" fix by Kingpin
Jewel Affix/Property cap by Nefarius
Wanderers summons by Mentor
Version Display by Myhrginoc
Difficulty display in all Difficulties by Myhrginoc
Convert button fix by Myhrginoc
SuperUnique Hitpoint and regen calcs by Kingpin
Players X display by Myhrginoc
Reanimated Horde Bug Fix by Nefarius(1.11b code) and Myhrginoc(1.10 code)

Some (pre-alpha) screens....
album_page.php?pic_id=1911
album_page.php?pic_id=1909
album_page.php?pic_id=1910
album_page.php?pic_id=1887

ill post up alot more info when i get time to write it....
Last edited by Necrolis on Sat May 05, 2007 4:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

fras
Paladin

Re: Day of Death

Post by fras » Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:15 pm

Dude i cant wait to play this man ACT 4 MERCS!!! sorry for the caps :lol: Ill have a feeling youll make it far in modding
Working on a mod its a LAWL Production

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:05 pm

thanks :) the act v mercs, "Blood Angels"(who use the half dragon token from infinitium) are very magic damage oriented and they teleport defensivly when struck so that they stay out of harm because they are spell casters. i have then working perfectly except for the summoners which just need some tweaking
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer

fras
Paladin

Post by fras » Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:45 pm

Thats really cool i cant wait to use one of those guys

ED: when is the alpha going to come out
Last edited by fras on Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:25 am

im not setting dates anymore as it started as june 06 then december 06 and alot of others inbetween. alpha 1 will only have 2 maybe 3 characters done(necromancer, paladin and hopefully the sorceress)the rest will be disabled and all the normal difficulty non-character content will be there and some of the nm and hell but they are going to have alot of changes from norm thanks to myhrginocs moddiff.dll d2mod plugin.

sPoT
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by sPoT » Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:29 pm

I just popped in to see what is being done. This looks like a promise of a good modification. I am very surprised to see the new hirelings and read your future plans. You have done a piece of good work already, and I am looking forward to the final version of the modification.

Good luck with your project! I am going to watch the topic to see whether anything new is added. Greetings.
Do you know that every modding question has an answer? Just use the power, click me!
"The Defile" - Forum - currently closed
The best guide for every modmaker!

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:35 pm

im going to post a huge host of details on what is done and what i plan to do on wednesday-this includes alot of things that arn't working right now - like the soul system and crafted runes and gems to name a couple......

godheadslament
Champion of the Light

Post by godheadslament » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:17 am

Looks awesome! If you ever need any testing/feedback just let me know and I'd be glad to help.

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:15 am

most definatly :) - ill especially need feedback on the "sub quests", crafting and soul systems

A
Champion of the Light

Post by A » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:09 pm

This sounds good.

I really like the subquests and hireling idea...

good luck with it, hope to see a demo some time

if you need any testing feedback ill be glad to bring whatever i can...

fras
Paladin

Post by fras » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:47 pm

I cant wait for this list also if you need a tester I would like to do it

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:52 pm

heres a little more unformatted info(ill stick it into the first post with some more stuff tomorrow)..... Rechanting- this allows you to remove properties off an item(excluding crafted items and automagic)and then add the property to another item along with a level requirement.you get alot of rechanting vessels that remove different amounts of the chosen property(which you choose by right clicking the vessel)from different types of items. Ali Stones - these are like hellfire oils that have alot of veriations and the add a far lower level req than rechanting, and properties that you can't rechant. Soul Absorbtion- whenever you kill a monster you have a chance to capture their soul(6.25% in norm, 12.5% in nm and 25% in hell) in your profession seal. you can then use these to craft soul gems and prisms, they will also power items that get bonuses from the number of souls eg:"+x to defence based on the number of souls captured" where x equals souls captured/64 or 32 etc.

A
Champion of the Light

Post by A » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:41 pm

is the rechanting going to work with all properties?

rechanting is ceirtanly going to be fun playing with

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:39 am

not all properties, all skills, + to all class skills, indestructability, oskills won't be able to be rechanted, but they will be available on the ali stones.i got the crafted runes and gems going and expanded the max amount of modifiers on jewels to 5(had to do it the long way as jewmod was giving me grief) i also gave amulets and rings a dynamic gamble price. i also added 2 new quality of gems, divine(better than perfect) and tarnished(better than standard/normal) and 3 new types(toepium, nerite and quadrium) i also added 32 glyphs(which are alot more powerful than runes) and 12 runes along with some rebalacing of the old runes. along with that comes all the words(runewords etc.) which can be made in all item types except sets items. so many features, so little time to write then down....
Last edited by Necrolis on Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:20 pm

well its time for an update! its mostly code changes, and some gfx changes. to start off i reverted blocking back to the way it was in classic(dex no longer effects chance to block) and slightly increased the cap to 80%, enabled defence while running (which is soon to be reduced by 50% while running), capped the max hireling res cost to 25k. i also altered the 'fires magic/explosive arrows'to launch any missile(you can expect a frozen orb lobing unique xbow :) ), i've also improved alot of quest rewards, but champions spawn in bigger packs and bosses have more minions and stronger auras so those rewards are well earned :), knockback is now a %age chance(like spells), amulets and rings now have a dynamic gamble cost. theres a couple more but i don't remember them. i also redid the menu screens as i wasn't happy with the old ones and i replaced the closed b.net button with the open b.net button and ill probably replace the other multiplayer button with the tcp/ip button.....

Groove

Post by Groove » Tue May 22, 2007 2:52 pm

Any news on the mod?

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Wed May 23, 2007 7:39 pm

heh i keep on meaning to update it properly.... doing alot of code stuff right now and adding new creatures(also doing some code stuff for adhins mod, blackened), currently just getting everything into d2mod format so i don't need to worry about stupid dll switching.... also re doing all the menu and inventory gfx and brainstorming the side quests, i'll stick up some NEW screenies when i have the time, unfortunately i had some pc troubles that took some moding time away... i'll try and organise the top post this weekend(i swear!)

Groove

Post by Groove » Fri May 25, 2007 2:13 am

No need to swear, just say you'll do it :)

Groove

Post by Groove » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:03 pm

Is it dead :?: :(

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:26 am

nope it ain't ;) i've been converting everything to d2mod and fixing lots of d2s bugs and adding in some new stuff(physical and magic pierces, pierces can affect immunes, players x affects more than just life exp and no drop, removed the stupid o skill cap etc). currently i'm redoing char creation so that you don't need stupid cube recipes for profession selection ;) also redid the dark wonderer from act 3

BloodyMoon

Post by BloodyMoon » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:43 pm

this mod sound pretty exciting!cant wait to check out the quests!but it also sound quite challenging(at least more than the ones i played)
The Gem was born of Evils fire
The Gem shall be his portal
He comes to claim
He comes to sire
The End of all things mortal

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:42 am

As mods are more or less dictating my life in the moment :mrgreen: I can barely wait to see your masterpiece on my harddrive ;-)

The following ain't meant to push you (sure you also have something called "life" :lol: ) but if there were a few new screenies to throw amongst the crowd i'd really appreciate it

anyways I am wondering what you're doing about the density/difficulty as well as AI (just skip this info if it goes too much into detail thus far)

btw. if you're in the urgent need for testers just pm me *hopeful smile*

cheers

(Sry if this posting is a mess but I really urge for some sleep *hrhr*)

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:44 am

hehe, i've got about 50mb of screenies waiting to be uploaded, but i rather spend time modding than uploading screens :P as for the AI, monsters are going to be VERY aggressive but monster density will not go up much(i don't like killing endless hordes who can't fight for squat). i've been thinking about adding a new challenge called trails, each trail will focus no a different aspect of your char eg: trail by skill-your skills all get set to slvl 1, and you must then fight through a series of bosses, and there bosses won't be defeated by spaming x skill, but rather strategy and riddles from book stands. certain challenges might favor certain classes but i'm going to make it as fair as possible, it'll be hard, with no exp or drops but at the end you'll be rewarded with something pertaining to the challenge and for this case it would be something like +x% to spell damage. still needs some thought,...

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:44 pm

Return to “The Sandbox”