Grades do what now? (Weapon/Armour thread)

Information and updates for mods created by Brother Laz. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mods, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Joel

DemonicAngel
Forum Legend
Principality

Re: Grades do what now? (Weapon/Armour thread)

Post by DemonicAngel » Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:21 pm

are we assuming any sacred item are better than any tier other tier item, or is this going to be updated?

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:54 pm

Sacred items are already listed on the homepage. (Item database > base items)
19.may.2007 | Adun Tori Laz.
Median XL released!
Flesyht sa ruobhgien yht etah.

y dont u play the game the way its supposta be played? -SlothNathan

Masterkilla
Paladin

Post by Masterkilla » Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:56 pm

Scared armors are not listed, only weapons.
Playing Median 2K8

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:27 pm

Scared items? ;)

Uploaded wrong file, fixed now.
Median XL released!

DemonicAngel
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by DemonicAngel » Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:27 pm

and it was a lot easier to do on here, because it was in order by damage and attack speed, or blocking and defense, or whatever you might want, and on the website its ordered by tier.
Last edited by DemonicAngel on Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maxx Power
Champion of the Light

Post by Maxx Power » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:39 pm

OK then, seeing how we have Sacred items doing the rounds I'll update the tables and add another column : Str/Dex-to-Defence ratio. This is for those of you who are doing the Attribute Challenge. It shows basically how many points of defense you get for x many points in Strength or Dexterity. For example, a Tier 3 Great Helm has a Str/Dex-to-Def of 1.599..., meaning that each point you need to equip that item in Strength is the equivalent of 1.6 points of defence or thereabouts. I'm reluctant to put this as part of the weapon tables since damage naturally goes up with Strength/Dexterity, and at different amounts. For now I'll stick with it for all armour except Shields, which of course have the same problem. Heck, someone somewhere may find it mildly useful once. :cool:

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:58 pm

*contemplates adding more new items in 1.50... :mrgreen:
Median XL released!

Kuprin

Post by Kuprin » Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:07 am

I vote yes to new items. New items are always cool...though I think everyone would appreciate it more if it wasn't something to just replace existing gear.

You know what's always been completely useless? Throwing potions. I offer the suggestion that you make some really cool alchemical throwing items, like maybe some kind of sticky webs, or just some better poison gas or something. Somehow making exploding potions an option for elemental damage would be cool. :)

Maxx Power
Champion of the Light

Post by Maxx Power » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:46 pm

A new patch means new items which means new tables...but not right now :) Hold your horses until tomorrow guys.

EDIT: Actually, since these tables are starting to get really messy, plus there's a whole bunch of class spec items now, I may create an almighty Excel document and upload that for people to use instead. Of course it won't look very pretty, but hey it's certainly easier than trawling through the badly indented "tables" that are currently in place.
Last edited by Maxx Power on Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DemonicAngel
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by DemonicAngel » Mon May 07, 2007 10:07 pm

Is it on it's way? I actually use these, you know. Good job on them. ;)

Edit: Thank you. Will be waiting. :)
Last edited by DemonicAngel on Tue May 08, 2007 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maxx Power
Champion of the Light

Post by Maxx Power » Tue May 08, 2007 1:14 pm

I'm currently in the middle of revising for some exams. What I really want to do is write a program that allows you to look-up tables like this and possibly allow you to look-up stuff like base stats with different stats etc. The only problem is the only thing I could possibly do this with is VB6, but I haven't used it in over three years (no joke). The current tables are a complete mess to try and read despite my best attempts to make them readable. If I can't write a program then I may just shove them into a big ol' excel document and make that available for download on the first page since it means people can use it even if they're offline. For the record I'll be heading back home for a month or so in a few weeks so I'll probably get this done before I go away.

ChaoSXDemon

Post by ChaoSXDemon » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:14 pm

Maybe I can write a Java program that reads a txt file and converts it into a nice GUI and couple of buttons so that when users click, it seaches the files (txt files) and prints out in a nice format of what users are looking for?

Return to “Mods By Laz”