Some pictures of complete ME sets with full bonus stats

Information and updates for Middle Earth and all other mods created by Varaya and Khan. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mods, please post them here.

Moderator: Khan

TheFallenAngel
Paladin
Germany

Some pictures of complete ME sets with full bonus stats

Post by TheFallenAngel » Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:48 am

hi

after completing 11 sets till now i`ve made a info-pic for each and put them all together on a simple page (for your viewing pleasure^^)

Some Middle Earth Mod Sets

all items are found with me-mod 1.91 and/or 1.92 (sets haven`t changed from 1.91 to 1.92 - if i`m not completely wrong^^)

if you want to take a look of some more sets (but from earlier/older ME versions) go to flux`s ME page and scroll down a little bit

Flux`s older ME "itamz" and info page

i will update my small page and this thread here if i can complete another set

-TFA-

edit: and of course and not to forget you can visit "our forum princess" Eowyn`s ME set page, but all info there is from version 1.8

Eowyn`s ME Set Page
Last edited by TheFallenAngel on Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.

... he became a corrupt shadow of his former self -
a fallen angel, trusted neither by heaven nor hell ...

franksjc00

Re: Some pictures of complete ME sets with full bonus stats

Post by franksjc00 » Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:29 pm

how in the world did you get all of those sets completed. that is a lot of them. i've been playing for quite a while and i do not have on complete set yet. i guess some of us are lucky.

EMF

TheFallenAngel
Paladin
Germany

Post by TheFallenAngel » Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:40 am

that`s easy - i simply equip my mercs with full mf gear, helm with 3 perfect topaz socketed + armor with 4 or 6 (light plate, mithril plate mail or khazad dum plate armor) - thats 350 or 450 % mf for a start :cool:
and its not that hard to save the last hit/kill for your merc

and i do boss runs of course, for example in act 1 inner cloister, there are 2 super uniques (near the waypoint - flamespike, and at cloisters entrance that skeleton, dunno the name yet; but flamespike can be very nasty, it`s a potential one hit killer 8-O) and sometimes up to 4 "normal" boss packs in that area too

or andariel/thuringwethil runs, with the countess in the end room for extra runes

or act 5 eldritch/shenk/bloody foothills runs

or simply cs runs, always lots of bosses and every time at least 3 or 4 champion packs and not to forget the 3 seal superuniques and mister sauron reborn himself :D

if you manage to let your merc get the last hit the drops are most every time very colorful :mrgreen:

of course, your merc will be sometimes killed very quick but you get experience and a "feeling" how to keep your merc alive better and better - the problem, not to let my rohirrim`s valkyrie get the last hit is even greater for me :x

and i highly prefer using a act 1 rogue merc, melee mercs are dead the most of their time, full mf gear on them don`t work, because they need very good defense, dam/mag dam reduction, life, res and so on - that means: no room for simply 3, 4 or 6 topaz-socketed headgear or armor

so, i don`t think those tactics are very special and it`s not only a question of luck

btw. my rohirrim, lvl 81 by now, isn`t using any item with additional mf, only the 350% from my rogue merc are counting - and like i said earlier: its more then a good start for getting good drops
and my lvl 71 barb does act1 end boss runs on players 4 or 5 for even better drops and he uses some additional mf gear, nearly 200% or so and barb`s rogue merc got a khazad dum plate armor with 6 sockets - thats a total of nearly 700% mf :roll:
both on valar diificulty of course

sometimes you are able to force your luck, a least a bit :cool:

and that is the 3rd time by now i collected all those colored items - in the past especially the set items are greatly changed, at least from version 1.90 to 1.91 iirc (with adding a hefty amount of sockets to most of the sets), so i had to throw away my complete collections and start new from scratch - but that will be never any problem for me - therefor i like the v&k mods too much - since glory d1/hf days nearly the one and only mods for me!!! like bret "the hitman" hart says: the best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be!

ok, enough for now ;)

-TFA-

franksjc00

Post by franksjc00 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:16 am

i am a little bit confused now. i visited the Flux item page and was wondering if those are current stats or older ones. i think they are older ones but am not sure. thanx

EMF

TheFallenAngel
Paladin
Germany

Post by TheFallenAngel » Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:44 am

[quote=TheFallenAngel";p="200824"]
if you want to take a look of some more sets (but from earlier/older ME versions) go to flux`s ME page and scroll down a little bit
[/quote]

ok, after looking at the vk readme again i found this in the 1.9 part

"Set items now spawn with a socket (if that item can have a socket) and Full Set Bonus increased considerably"

flux played ME version 1.8 or so, definately not 1.91 or 1.92 - i think he hasn`t updated his ME page a year or so

i don`t wanted to confuse you, i have added the link to flux` page for more general information and a full set overview, at least an overview of all possible sets - on my simple page are only the 11 or 12 sets i completed

-TFA-

Khan
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Khan » Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:11 pm

ah so MF works with hirelings... good good ;)

btw Varaya likes the Rogues better than the act 2 hirelings too cause they live longer. But me being a Paladin player I like my additional aura. So much potential, so little practical value hehe.

Nice page btw

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:30 am

MF works better when you stack it on hirelings and let them make the kill, than it does on you by yourself. The hireling total MF is added to your total MF before any grade checks are attempted. What is more, although this isn't the way the mod is written to be played, you can use the D2Mod system with the MercMod plugin, and PlugY, with the ME mod. Since V&K never edited any code, just install the plugins as if you were installing to unmodded game. No code editing required on your part. Just edit d2mod.ini to have this up at top:

[D2MOD]

MercMod=MercMod.dll
Plugy=Plugy.dll
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

TheFallenAngel
Paladin
Germany

Post by TheFallenAngel » Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:07 am

i do not recommend using any hireling plug-in cuz if u can equip your merc with full gear, rings, amu, belt, boots and all that - for me thats far overpowered 8-O

but of course i use the godlike plugy, for me, the greatest collector of all stuff in real AND virtual life :cool: it is the greatest "invention" in the whole history of diablo + diablo II, no doubt about that :roll:

btw, myhrginoc, i use your little changened level entrance .txt file for the ME mod and i think your chosen size of the letters is a bit to big, sumtimes the ME lvls got really long names and those long names couldn`t be displayed complete on the monitor :roll:
i don`t know if u have changed the size of the letters ...

and khan, do u want to tell us u wasn`t sure if MF works with hirelings? or if it works in your mod? ;)

and another question for khan - will there be more sets in the future perhaps? especially sets for a beorning and/or dark elfs would be nice - as far as i know the complete sets there are no such sets, but for all the "old" chars there are ;)

and thx for the "nice page btw" :lol:

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:22 am

That is what I get for not looking too closely. I used Joel Falcou's TXTDC6 utility at default settings. Yes, there is a font size control, so I can give it another shot. I'll post when I have updated my add-on.

(At least somebody reported using it. :mrgreen: )
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

TheFallenAngel
Paladin
Germany

Post by TheFallenAngel » Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:24 pm

i completed another set - "tools of the halfling" - and added a picture on my site

on some more sets i'm missing only 1 item now (ar-pharazon's, galadriel's or miriel's for example) - with a little luck there are more updates in the near future :cool:

TheFallenAngel
Paladin
Germany

Post by TheFallenAngel » Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:50 pm

happy days are here again :jump:

miriels set is complete now - setpage updated (of course) :cool:

TheFallenAngel
Paladin
Germany

Post by TheFallenAngel » Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:11 pm

next set completed - galadriel`s treasury :cool:

page updated as usual

seems like every 4 days a new set is full :roll: ;)

TheFallenAngel
Paladin
Germany

Post by TheFallenAngel » Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:44 pm

hello everybody

after a very long time i finally managed to complete another set - ar-pharazon's this time :cool:

took me a helluva time to get the $§%&%$ scepter, seems nearly impossible to drop ...

included it in my "simple page", it's the 4th from above :roll:

hopefully it'll not take another sumwhat 6 or 7 month to complete the next set(s) 8-O

bye 4 now, yours truly, TFA, CEO of "da hunterz & collectah's" :mrgreen:

gravity
Champion of the Light

Post by gravity » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:48 pm

So...nice job sharing..

Any chance of you doing that for your Uniques?

Are these the only sets? I don't believe i've found anything from any other set..I'd have thought there'd be more than that...

Not bad-mouthing though...the ME mod has been great fun.

Elessar
Paladin

Post by Elessar » Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:17 am

Congrats FallenAngel :} it is definitely hard to complete those sets. Still working on Celegorm's set after all this time (about 3 or 4 versions now I think?) as well as a couple of others.

If you're looking for uniques, Gravity, you can find a list of many of the uniques with fairly recent stats [url = http://www.valarguild.org/arathorn/D2X/ ... niques.htm]here[/url]

Take care :samurai:
Elessar[/list]
Last edited by Elessar on Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have this to say,.. No enemy has yet taken the Hornburg."
- "Helm's Deep" The Two Towers

TheFallenAngel
Paladin
Germany

Post by TheFallenAngel » Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:14 pm

thx 4 your nice words guys :oops:

gravity, check my 1st post in this thread and u will find a link to flux' old ME page, scroll down a bit until u reach the ME sets version - there u will find all existing sets listed, but not all sets are clompeted and nearly all stats are outdated, based on v1.8 i think

my sets are all new and found with 1.92 because i've thrown away all the old stuff because of the major set-stats-changes from 1.8 to 1.9

flux' lists 19 sets if i can count :cool:
so i still have 3 or 4 or so to complete ... :roll:

gravity
Champion of the Light

Post by gravity » Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:57 pm

thanks for the links guys.

wow- i've done better MF-ing than i thought. I've collected almost all of those items or parts of listed sets. None of the Arms of Telchar, however. Maybe my sorc will find it.

TheFallenAngel
Paladin
Germany

Post by TheFallenAngel » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:16 am

good news 8-O :roll: :mrgreen:

with the help of hash caspar i was able to complete another 2 sets, frodo's vestment and telchar's arms, what brings me (and us :cool: ) to a total of 17 (of 19) completed sets ;)

and i only have to find 2 single set items - celegorm's hunting spear from celegorm's arms of valinor set & thorin's axe from the regalia of the dwarven kings set - and everything will be complete ... O-H

and now go, take a look :cool: here's the link:

Last edited by TheFallenAngel on Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “V&K Mods”