thought about gateways...

Information and updates for the Wheel of Time mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. NOTICE: This project has been scrapped in lieu of the Shadow Empires mod.
aardvark

thought about gateways...

Post by aardvark » Sun Dec 07, 2003 10:01 pm

first off, I'm posting what I've written for the script tomarrow night <_<
>_>

Second off, would it be possible to give the Asha'man // Aes Sedai a skill, maybe something they both start with, that allows them to open a portal -- except have that portal open the waypoint menu and allow them to go to any waypoint they've been to? Just a thought.

Little Eddie

Re: thought about gateways...

Post by Little Eddie » Sun Dec 07, 2003 11:45 pm

I was thinking along the line of removing all town portal scrolls and books.

Give a skill to aes sedai and asha'man (the gateway weave) that uses the same idea..a portal to the town of the current act.

This keeps in mind the power of the gateway and also would help promote team play I think, as any party would love to have someone along who can whisk them away if things get hairy..
Once again....thank you all for listening to me ramble.....

Black Heart
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Black Heart » Mon Dec 08, 2003 9:21 am

As far as I have been able to tell you cannot access the way point menu in this way its coded. If we remove the town portal scrolls then players in single player mod will be at a great disadvantage. Ill see what can be done about getting a portal (gateway) spell for the Asha'man // Aes Sedai. And keep in mind at this time realm play is not a option for 1.10 patch
Sometimes we win with greater firepower, through sheer numbers or more powerful weapons, but for the most part it is knowledge that defines our victories. Know something and it has lost its power over you.

The Shadow Has risen!!!! Warped Tiles

Malachai29
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Malachai29 » Mon Dec 08, 2003 10:21 am

I havent read the books in a while, so cant remember the exact name of them, but why not start the chars with an angreal(sp?) that would open gateways/portals? It would save you from having to make new skills or take away from skills that could be used elsewhere. Give it say 20 charges or so, that way they dont need to charge it every time they go back to town. Just a quick thought....

I think I will re-read the series again sometime soon.

Malachai
RIP Charsi's Forge! :)
Surgeon General's Warning: Double posting may be hazardous to your health

Little Eddie

Post by Little Eddie » Tue Dec 09, 2003 4:39 am

I never play realm..I always team up with friends in tcp/ip..

I was thinking to leave the waypoints..as the portal stones..but limit the use of town portals...
Once again....thank you all for listening to me ramble.....

aardvark

Post by aardvark » Wed Dec 10, 2003 8:18 am

For playability's sake we need ALL characters to be able to make portals to town.

Maybe a Gateway Angrael? Unlimited charges of the spell?

:?:

Gwydon

Post by Gwydon » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:52 am

ter'angreal that gotta be... An angreal can only be used by someone who can use the OP

reiyo_oki
Retired staff
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by reiyo_oki » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:17 pm

an easy solution to this is make the ter'angreal a quest reward. Have it drop from say...the Act boss for act I drop it. This would make people actually need to work to get it, but it would be reasonable to get it at that time.

Reality is different for each person; What one person sees, another does not. It's all a matter of perspective. This is my reality, I'll live it as I choose.

"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
"Who desires peace should prepare for war."
- Vegetius De Rei Militari III

Avalanchez

Post by Avalanchez » Tue Dec 30, 2003 11:47 pm

just some thoughts from a newbie:

To make a gateway-spell an advantage, the town portal ter'angreal would have to consume an annoying amount of inventory space.

and the spell would be limited to level 1 - Is it worth spending a skill for this purpose, considering you would need 5 skills for the different ajah-bonuses?

and is the teleport-skill to be removed (since 'travelling' is for town portals?) this would make it quite hard for the single player aes sedai to escape monster-hordes.

jt101275

Post by jt101275 » Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:48 pm

[quote=Avalanchez";p="146981"]just some thoughts from a newbie:

and is the teleport-skill to be removed (since 'travelling' is for town portals?) this would make it quite hard for the single player aes sedai to escape monster-hordes.[/quote]

The Aes Sedai/Ash'aman can run like normal necros and sorcs can they have legs
Last edited by jt101275 on Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strike Hard
Strike Fast
Kill Lots

Return to “Wheel of Time”