Multi-player TCP/IP invitations to host games

Information and updates for the Zy-El mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mods, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: d2vern, Kato

Kato
Retired staff
Virtue

Multi-player TCP/IP invitations to host games

Post by Kato » Wed Jun 11, 2003 7:01 pm

:P This Sticky has been posted to allow one central location for people trying to organize multiplayer games via TCP/IP.

:arrow: Please post in this thread your IP address to which players can connect. Also make mention of which version of the mod you are hosting with. If you decide to stop hosting, please remember to remove your post from this thread. If players have problems connecting to your address, they can post here as well. :roll:

:arrow: If you wish to state preconditions to your sessions, please also state them here. Things like: HC only, no Amas or no Sorcs or dueling Barbs only. :P

:arrow: You may also want to state a period of time for which the hosting will be available. ;)
"Do not be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed." - D.Vader
Zy-El: Trial by Fire Mod Forum: http://phrozenkeep.it-point.com/forum/v ... m.php?f=53
Zy-El website: http://www3.telus.net/zyel/index.html Zy-El wiki: http://zyel.wikispaces.com/

rabies

Re: Multi-player TCP/IP invitations to host games

Post by rabies » Sun Jun 15, 2003 6:38 am

I'll be glad to host, PM me if interested, and if I'm on, I'll get the message. I am unable to play in the closed servers at the moment, so I'll be glad to play tcp/ip, particularly with anybody else unable to play on the servers. I have a very fast comp, so if I host, everything should run fairly smoothly.

MittenMan

Post by MittenMan » Sun Jun 15, 2003 9:26 pm

Hosting game sun. June 15 4:00pm EST for 30 to 45 min at 12.210.95.76

All done
Last edited by MittenMan on Sun Jun 15, 2003 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cowsflyin

Post by cowsflyin » Tue Jun 24, 2003 2:16 am

Im willing to host tcpip games, my ip is 12.162.222.75. Im on a cable internet, solid connection, Im in North Dakota USA and i can host usually 3 nights a week.

Ps i need someone to help me test my setup, i have not hosted a game in a while.

setup is complete, i played one game, thanks scarlethawk for the game, and it worked fine, though he had timeouts at the duriel level.

speaking of the duriel level, anybody else have major slowdown w/ the angel at the end of the duriel level? any known solutions?

thanks alot

i probably wont be hosting tcp/ip games now that i gs for the Sinister server. I'll leave the post for its relevance to the answer below referring to the slowdown after durial.
Last edited by cowsflyin on Sun Jun 29, 2003 5:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cowsflyin

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

Profound_Darkness
Champion of the Light

Post by Profound_Darkness » Sat Jun 28, 2003 12:09 am

cowsflyin: There are so many graphics and junk in that zone that short of modding that stage I doupt it can be fixed... It is that way in vanila d2 even on my amd 1900+ with 512 megs ram and geforce4 4600 card vanila lod (Haven't been there in zyel yet).

cowsflyin

Post by cowsflyin » Sat Jun 28, 2003 12:13 am

thanks alot, i was just wondering about that
Cowsflyin

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

Profound_Darkness
Champion of the Light

Post by Profound_Darkness » Sun Jun 29, 2003 5:18 am

Hello, I have implemented the redirect of trafic... I will be hosting a game at about 5-6am (time zone -7). my ip is 66.1.163.237. I don't know if everything is set. Most of my characters are still in act1 with my amazon (not terribly fun) in early act2. I have an okayish palie, minionmanser that can players 8 solo act1 already (above ground), find potion barbarian, and a new druid that can't do jack... (most are about level 10). NOTE that this ain't hardcore.

I don't know that this will work btw and will post when the game is closed... sorry I can't be more accurate but I will be hosting after I wake up and eat breakfast (could be as early as 4 am but stick to between 5am and 6am).

Profound_Darkness
Champion of the Light

Post by Profound_Darkness » Sun Jun 29, 2003 4:53 pm

<sigh> either no one tried to join or something isn't setup right (I followed bliz instructions for firewall and routing)... The game isn't running *right now* however I am liable to run games at random times (mostly act1) between 5am and 6pm my time (gmt -7) so if ya feal like playin a tcp/ip game you can try connecting just for the heck of it...

hmm, maybe I should setup a strictly open realm (well, not realm, but you probobly get it) so people can see what games are being hosted....

cowsflyin

Post by cowsflyin » Sun Jun 29, 2003 5:05 pm

if you need some help getting it set up, i'll help. I was able to get mine going.
Cowsflyin

Profound_Darkness
Champion of the Light

Post by Profound_Darkness » Wed Jul 02, 2003 11:18 pm

I am currently hosting a game (probobly for the remainder of the day, about 6pm my time). Same IP address (66.1.163.237). Using necromancer act2 normal difficulty (near begining of act at time of posting). On a side note I have made my msn messenger address available (my profile) for setting up some games some time... as for the open realm, that is not feasable if I wish to host games (you cannot redirect traffic to 2 different computers and my computer is not a 24/7 computer).

Profound_Darkness
Champion of the Light

Post by Profound_Darkness » Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:21 am

ok, game closed a bit earlier than intended...

SoulForge
Paladin

Post by SoulForge » Fri Jul 18, 2003 11:51 pm

Anyone else think this would be easier over IRC?

Just a thought. I always prefered chat over forums. If so we can use my server :)

Profound_Darkness
Champion of the Light

Post by Profound_Darkness » Sat Jul 19, 2003 12:14 pm

actualy, assuming one of the people running a realm wouldn't mind, you could connect to an existing realm, but open (other multi), and create games thata way. Then others could join up, just like battle.net. Just don't forget that if you are behind a firewall others may not be able to connect to your game.

I tested lightly with the sinister server on this (and it worked) but I don't know if it's allowable since it is a closed realm after all.

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Sun Nov 02, 2003 8:20 am

I split off the muling discussion, which was definitely off-topic and getting rather lengthy.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

SSJSonicFan

Post by SSJSonicFan » Mon Nov 10, 2003 12:45 am

Alrighty, I may not have Zy-El installed yet, but when I DO get it installed, I'll be playing pretty much ONLY TCP-IP. (Hell, I'm CONSIDERING maybe trying to run my own realm, but that's still rather doubtful at this point...)

IP: 24.59.181.72

Current Status: Down.

A few things to take note of, if I say the server is up in this post, and it doesn't seem to be up, give it a min. Odds are I'm just quiting and restarting. (Refreshing the server, char change, and so on.) And if it says it's down, and you can log on, odds are I'm just doing some testing or something, and not actually playing.

Really, no rules other then don't be a asshat.

Offtopic question, how would one run their own realm? Granted, I don't have much intrest in starting one yet, but I AM interested in knowing how, for whenever I want to start realm-hosting.

xClouDx

Post by xClouDx » Tue Dec 16, 2003 12:51 am

how do u get a tcp/ip game to work with other ppl if u hav a router? :?: cause i hav a router and in the help file it says to open port 6112 in tcp and udp, i've done this and no one can join... :x is there any other ports i need to open? plz reply asap :(

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Tue Dec 16, 2003 6:18 am

You have to forward two ports to the machine that has Diablo II installed on it, 4000 (TCP) and 6112 (TCP/UDP). Then you need to let other people know what your external IP is, since 192.168.x.x will be local behind your router (and invisible to your other players). You can get that IP quickly by visiting www.whatismyip.com. Also, if you connect to your ISP using DHCP instead of a static IP, that external address will change each time you connect to the Internet.
Last edited by Myhrginoc on Tue Dec 16, 2003 6:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Super Cat Of Doom

Post by Super Cat Of Doom » Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:26 am

hey ah anyone wanna do a new 3.4 tcp ip? temp or not?

btw cowsrflyin, nice avatar, where did u get it?

i know thats like a few months late...but i am addicted to girls with blades, leather pants, etc....and i would get one for myself, if i wasnt getting a kitten lol.
"You are only as good as your worst reed"
-wise man

lillaraca

Post by lillaraca » Tue Dec 23, 2003 11:06 pm

:)
Last edited by lillaraca on Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profound_Darkness
Champion of the Light

Post by Profound_Darkness » Thu Jan 15, 2004 3:55 pm

Okay, the firewall still has d2 ports open and I have redirected our router's trafic for d2 stuff over to one of our boxes here (winxp SP1 with a pidly 128 ram). The box isn't on 24/7 though so look here to see if it's on or not. I can't make sure I routed the right ports though since it has been a while (and I am behind the router). Let me know if it don't work...

IP: 66.1.163.237

Zy-El version 3.4

Current Status: down...

If it sais that it is up and it doesn't work then it might just be refreshing. I am using a hacked, empty, level 1, with no added stats and stuff, character so I can host all difficulty levels.

No real rules besides being a halfway decent person. If too many people are overly inapropriate I won't leave this public.

oh, and pinging isn't a good method of determining if we are up or not ;)

I don't know how your game will perform on our connection, latency used to be very high but our ISP changed how things work a bunch and *may* have improved things, this may only be good for moving items around or something but hopefully this is a little more like a broadband connection in performance.

ok, had it up for a couple of days and either no one tried to join or no one let me know it wasn't working... not sure when I might bring it up, probobly next time we make use of that computer (not very often sometimes).
Last edited by Profound_Darkness on Sun Jan 18, 2004 6:12 am, edited 4 times in total.

barnard2oo7

Post by barnard2oo7 » Sat Jan 31, 2004 7:58 am

join this game if anyone is in this forum right now.

Mrhat

Post by Mrhat » Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:57 am

I'm trying to start a group of people to play over tcp/ip- but am having a bit of trouble finding people to join, and especially people that can host. If you want to play with a small group of people who are available a decent amount of time, head on over to here, read it over, and get back to me. Thanks :)

Schlingman
Paladin

Post by Schlingman » Sat Feb 28, 2004 4:29 pm

ok i search people they like to play with me Zy-El on TCP/IP.
If anybody like to play send me a private message and we can set a date so we can play Zy-El.
i am often online so we can play often

Greets Schlingman
http://33493.rapidforum.com <---- German Zy-El Forum

Jerm

Post by Jerm » Fri Apr 09, 2004 6:05 am

mm i could probably host a game.. :roll: pm me if u wanna join me starting zy-el. bleh as for now comp isnt bad but it could be about a month before i get my dsl connection :cry: running 26.4k right now :OI:
Last edited by Jerm on Fri Apr 09, 2004 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
For you I'd do anything just to make you happy hear you tell me that you're proud of me.

For them I'll kill anything cut the throats of babies for them break their hearts for they were them. -Co&Ca

ronin12

Post by ronin12 » Fri May 07, 2004 4:07 am

Here's the "deal". I have been playing Zy-El for about 2 years now. I currently have 2 database servers running on the web, so I spend a LOT of time at a computer. I would like to do some hosting, and will present the offer now. I am available from around 3:00pm central US time (-06:00CST) until midnight nearly every day, and would be available at other times if given notice ahead of time. I currently play 3.7B of Zy-El. Below are the system specs of the game system I will host with;
P4 3.0gHZ
1.0gb RAMBUS PC1066 memory
Intel D850EMVR mb
WindowsXP Professional
DSL connection/Dynamic IP/384upstream/384downstream
Quad IBM SCSI 15,000rpm drives
Adaptec 29160 SCSI interface

There's a lot more, but that is the important stuff. The IP is dynamic, but the dynamically assigned IP stays the same due to the system staying up 24/7. My location is Missouri, USA.

That aside, anyone wanna get back with me, we can go from there. Also, if anyone wants to host and needs a player to game with, drop me a line as well.
The path of excess leads to the tower of wisdom.

W. Blake

Return to “Zy-El: Trial by Fire”