Seasons After v2.00 released ... finally

This forum is for members of the public to post any announcements relating to Diablo 2 Mod Making including mod and patch releases amongst other similar subjects.

No votes

Total votes: 0

enq
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Seasons After v2.00 released ... finally

Post by enq » Fri Jun 21, 2002 4:17 am

I had problems... several of them. First the Mac version gets corrupt, somehow :(. Then when I had almost finished with the Mac version (after starting it for the 3rd time - power cut and 80% of the file is deleted :cry:

Download it here: Seasons After v2.00 beta MPQ version (with .dll files)
http://www.fileplanet.com/dl/dl.asp?/pl ... 00beta.zip from FilePlanet (3.60MB)
Or for the Mac version: http://www.fileplanet.com/dl/dl.asp?/pl ... 00beta.zip from FilePlanet (2.40MB)

New Inner Sight graphic - it's the one that comes down over the Horadric Staff when you place it in the orifice :)
http://www.planetdiablo.com/seasons/ima ... sightl.jpg

The full list of changes can be found in this thread:
http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~phrozenkee ... 1980#11980

Another version ^_^

Moved to v2.00 as these versions support Mac's as well as PC's and will continue to do so :)
The Mac version does not have the .dll changes :(, however the skills have been changed to suit being used with no modified .dll's. Because of this characters will probably be overpowered at the start - depending on the number of players you have the game set to via the 'players x' command.

Skills
Poison Blade (was Poison Dagger) now works with swords and daggers.
Assassin Charge-up skills can only be used with Claw Class weapons and Daggers (javelins in melee will also work).
Salvation requires Resist Fire, Resist Cold, and Resist Lightning as pre-requisites.
Ice Bolt and Fire Bolt can now pierce monsters.

Items
Class Specific Crossbows/Flails. They are similar to Flails/Knouts/Scourges and Crossbows/Siege Crossbows/Gorgon Crossbows.

Amazon: Dawn Star, Blood Star, Scythia Star.
Assassin: Rapid Crossbow, Covert Crossbow, Sleight of Crossbow
Barbarian: Range Crossbow, Grassland Crossbow, Homeland Crossbow
Druid: Root Crossbow, Trunk Crossbow, Canopy Crossbow
Necromancer: Poison Crossbow, Blight Crossbow, Plague Crossbow
Paladin: Crusader Crossbow, Champion Crossbow, Cavalier Crossbow
Sorceress: Caster Crossbow, Glowing Crossbow, Radiating Crossbow

Removed staffmods (automatic +random skills) on all class specific items apart from Assassin Claw Class Weapons. These will be added again when I create a better system.
Amazon Only Spears and Javelins now gain a +Passive and Magic Skill tree bonus via automagic mods (like the +Javelin and Spear Skills bonus).
Increased the base speed of all Crossbows. Reduced the damage on most Crossbows. Bolts now come in quivers of 350.
Circlets and Coronets can get up to 2 sockets. Tiaras and Diadems can get up to 3 sockets.
Gave staves strength requirements. Staves get automagic +% resists or +% defence.
All Daggers, including Throwing Knives, gain automagic poison damage.
Boots now all gain automagic Kick damage.
Changed Amazon Only Pikes to Brandistocks.
Added 50% automagic Damage vs. Demons on Axes.

Gems
Added Exceptional and Elite Gems.
Exceptional gems can be upgraded just like Normal gems. Elite gems can only be found or upgraded by Gem Shrines.

1 New Unique item
Added Lancewood (War Pike).

4 New Runewords
Deception (Daggers), Beauty (Helms), Chance (weapons), Crescent Moon (Axes, Swords, Polearms).

Crafting
975 recipes :o :D
To the people that said to Apocalypse Demon that 1000 recipes would take ages – this took me a couple of days – just copy and paste then edit a bit :D
Changed Amazon, Assassin, Necromancer and Sorceress Weapon Crafting so that they can craft any magic weapon - previously they were limited to Bows/Crossbows, Spears, Javelins, Claws, Daggers and Orbs.

Monsters
Some monsters have had their immunities and resistances swapped/changed.
Some SuperUnique monsters will drop unique items related after them.
Music speaks louder than words.
Music (GeorgeFM)

Apocalypse Demon
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Hand-picked

Post by Apocalypse Demon » Fri Jun 21, 2002 6:35 pm

Good work, downloading right now. :) Like the Inner Sight graphic too. :D
eng" wrote:To the people that said to Apocalypse Demon that 1000 recipes would take ages – this took me a couple of days – just copy and paste then edit a bit
Heh, I have alot more than 1000. More like 2750 cube recipes. ;)

Mayahesa
Paladin

Post by Mayahesa » Fri Jun 21, 2002 6:53 pm

Aaarrrgghhh! I've been waiting for this for a while and now you go and release it while I'm still sat at work! Damn you and all your camels!

Still - I'll give it a go when I get home...
There is a narrow difference between genius and madness, I'm merely smuggling sanity across the border.

enq
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by enq » Sat Jun 22, 2002 12:01 am

Heh, I have alot more than 1000. More like 2750 cube recipes.
OUCH! :) All I can say is, that's going to be hard on your eyes ;)
Will they all be crafting recipes? Though you can easily come up with recipes - they are so much fun and easy to add :)

For the Inner Sight graphic I was thinking that would look quite cool when a Paladin has a certain aura selected. Maybe change the animations for the auras and add the beam of light to them - would be quite cool for Prayer or Sanctuary :)
Damn you and all your camels!
Camels? O_o
Music (GeorgeFM)

Apocalypse Demon
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Hand-picked

Post by Apocalypse Demon » Sat Jun 22, 2002 12:21 am

eng" wrote:OUCH! All I can say is, that's going to be hard on your eyes
Will they all be crafting recipes? Though you can easily come up with recipes - they are so much fun and easy to add
The mmain reason is, I want for example, all rods except scepters to work for a recipe. So, I would have to make one for wands, one for staves, one for orbs but not for scepters(since if I just put rod, scepters would work too which I may not want to do). Being specific in a recipe requires that you make many. And for some, I may want slighly different effects if the recipe worked for a certain item. Most of those recipes are crafting, yes.

enq
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by enq » Sat Jun 22, 2002 12:44 am

Ah I see, that shouldn't take too long then - copy, paste, tinker :)
Music (GeorgeFM)

FoxBat
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by FoxBat » Sat Jun 22, 2002 4:39 am

Apoc, you might not want to hear this now, but I think there's a simpler way to exclude an item type ;)

If there are multiple recipies with the same inputs, the game will select the first recipie going down from the top. You can take advantage of this. Make just one recipie covering all rods, E.G. healing potion + rod. Just above it put a recipie that uses all the same ingredients, except scepter instead of rod, e.g. healing potion + scepter. Now make the output of this scepter recipie be just the regular scepter again.

Now, if they use a scepter, it should pick the first recipie, and they won't get anything exciting. But if it wasn't a scepter, the first recipie will be skipped, and the second recipie will be used to add your neat stuff to other rods. :)

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Sat Jun 22, 2002 11:55 pm

Great stuff, just downloaded it now enq :D

And I haven't even played version 1.05 :( I'll be keeping it well stored here,waiting for my vacation :mrgreen:

Foxbat: thanks for the tip, this one will be helpful indeed ;)

mrelfire
Angel

My favorite question

Post by mrelfire » Sun Jun 23, 2002 11:03 am

If you have finished your mod, do you have any ideas of plugins that you can share with the community ?

enq
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by enq » Mon Jun 24, 2002 1:30 am

Firstly the mod is quite far from finished - there are quite a few unique, set and runeword items to add (along with several tweaks to monsters, such as experience gain though Nightmare and Hell).

Originally yes I was going to create plugins from my mod and have them open to the public, but now I don't really like the idea :(

It's too easy for people to just collect plugins and then bang them all together in a mod without learning how they work - see increased drops, increased stash etc.
Graphical plugins maybe - though I have not changed many item graphics.

If I do release anything they would be in the form of a mini-tutorial - this also cuts down on upload times ;)
Though there is nothing in my mod that could not be found in the tutorials or in these forums.
Music (GeorgeFM)

mrelfire
Angel

Post by mrelfire » Mon Jun 24, 2002 8:19 am

I am quite surprised by some of your ideas.
I thought "the golden rules" for modders was to share.
We are not linked to any major companies and we do it for fun.
Following this idea, I thought "peace and love" will help us to produce something where we take fun.
OK it is my thought for the day, I am certainly wrong.

MikeTheGreat
Arch-Angel

Post by MikeTheGreat » Mon Jun 24, 2002 8:31 am

Why not protect your ideas? Nothing's copyrighted or anything, so any old Joe Shmoe could steal your mod ideas along with 10 other people's mod ideas and throw them in a mod like enq said.

However, I think I can trust most of the people in these forums - and plus if they steal my ideas, so what, like you said mrelfire, it's all about the fun, but both of you make your points, and good ones at that.
- Live by the Sword, Die by the Sword -

enq
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by enq » Mon Jun 24, 2002 11:43 pm

I have no problem with people taking and using ideas from my mod - as long as they do the work themselves.
If anyone asks me how I did something I will put together some quick documentation and send that off to them :) I have had that on the site since the beginning.

If I released plugins for different things people can avoid learning and doing the work for themselves :(
Music (GeorgeFM)

enq
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by enq » Tue Jun 25, 2002 4:04 am

There is a bug with language versions other than English with the current version of SA. This was something I changed in this version - so that only English would be used in the current build.
I've have started work on the other language versions - there are just quite a few string entries to do hehe ;) (70 for the gems alone :o)

I have uploaded a copy of the English D2Lang.dll, it's only about 76KB - though I should have really added this to v2.00 previously. Just add this to the same directory as the other files you installed from the sa_200beta.zip archive.
http://www.planetdiablo.com/seasons/files/D2Lang.dll

This should fix the problems people are having with other language versions of D2.
Sorry about this, I'll fix it up as soon as I can :)
Music (GeorgeFM)

Apocalypse Demon
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Hand-picked

Post by Apocalypse Demon » Tue Jun 25, 2002 4:10 am

mrelfire, wasn't this discussed in your thread you made in the General Discussion forum? Some may want to make plugins, some may not. When you make a mod, that is a big mod(ie. has it's own forum and such), you would want to keep many of your ideas to yourself so people don't copy it. I mean, I could teach them how to do it, but I'm not doing it all for them by making them plugins. A tutorial would be enough to help the person do whatever he wants with the tutorial, a plugin won't teach them anything.

Return to “Member Аnnouncements”