discusion: THE MOD

Information and updates for the d2:elements mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Char

No votes

Total votes: 0

VonHundengebissen

discusion: THE MOD

Post by VonHundengebissen » Sat Aug 16, 2003 9:22 am

Okay i don't know if this is right thing to do, but i think we need a oficial discusion-forum.

I will start.....now:

I had a look about the weapons and the dam bonus and i have some problems:
polearms should get bonus from dex and not so much from str
javelins should get more dam bonus from str. and fewer from dex
throwing axes are to strong ???(50/50?)
How many paladins do you know which play without a shield? I think the Barb should get the stav or you make a blockchance on the staves.
Thats all... :mrgreen:
Niemand hat behauptet das Leben sei fair.
Niemand hat behauptet das Leben sei leicht.
Niemand hat behauptet das du eine Chance hast.
Und Niemand hat behauptet das es nach dem Tod besser wird!
Deshalb genießt euer Leben wie es ist.

Char
Retired staff
Principality

Re: discusion: THE MOD

Post by Char » Sat Aug 16, 2003 11:50 am

hmm. i am not so ultimately happy about the topic name, since this entire forum is for discussing the mod, and i dont want to have all the discussion in just one thread, cause its nicer to have it in several ones (i think), cause thats more concise. so next time, choose a better title please ;).

however, here some answers:
VonHundengebissen";p="122301" wrote:polearms should get bonus from dex and not so much from str
yes, that might be true. i might add a bit dex bonus there, quite like for swords.
VonHundengebissen";p="122301" wrote:javelins should get more dam bonus from str. and fewer from dex
dont think so, why? to handle a javelin, you need to have quite some dexterity. btw, it was 75/75 in vanilla LOD i think.

VonHundengebissen";p="122301" wrote:throwing axes are to strong ???(50/50?)
axes in general are "strong" here. but they deal in general less damage. its for characters that either are very offensive (vew points in vitality) or use skills that dont give damage bonus / give few damage bonus (zeal / fanaticism for example, which gives no damage bonus at all, or doubleswing)
VonHundengebissen";p="122301" wrote:How many paladins do you know which play without a shield? I think the Barb should get the stav or you make a blockchance on the staves.
anyone may use the staff. i wanted to implement blockchance on staves, but its a bit hard, at least it was in 1.09. havent tried in 1.10 yet. btw, i am willing to try a non-shield paladin ;).

VonHundengebissen

Post by VonHundengebissen » Sat Aug 16, 2003 12:56 pm

You are right, Char. Next time i should take a specific name for the thread.
And the things you mentioned (?) are good, i think you are right. (I LOVE polearms :D )
One thing at last: what is with the stacksize of the throwingweapons ? Please say that you increase it. PLZ :)
Niemand hat behauptet das Leben sei fair.
Niemand hat behauptet das Leben sei leicht.
Niemand hat behauptet das du eine Chance hast.
Und Niemand hat behauptet das es nach dem Tod besser wird!
Deshalb genießt euer Leben wie es ist.

deathfiend

Post by deathfiend » Sat Aug 16, 2003 9:54 pm

Maybe to increase the use of stave, paladins can have holy staff (with a better name of course) it increases block chance and damage. Basically holy shield only opposite (35 mana, increase is the same)
A person's sig is a window into their soul...

Ssergit
Champion of the Light
Location: Running around outside of Lut Gholein, sqashing scorpions

Post by Ssergit » Sun Aug 17, 2003 3:53 pm

Oooh, that brings up an interesting point--is it possible to block with a staff? It SHOULD be, but do the game mechanics allow it? That would be an interesting change :). Although I personally would have the staff be a Druid (or equivalent) weapon instead, since in the 'official' Dungeons and Dragons rulebook (not that we're abiding by it, mind), Druids aren't supposed to ever touch metal...
Dough, the stuff that buys my beer
Ray, the guy who buys my beer
Me, the guy who drinks my beer
Far = a long way to the john
So, I'll have another beer
La--I'll have another beer
Tea? No thanks, I'm drinking beer...
-Homer Simpson

Malachai29
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Malachai29 » Sun Aug 24, 2003 12:52 pm

been a while, but I thought druids were allowed the hand scythe also, being it is a symbol of their faith in that it is primarily used for harvest....but that is off topic....back on topic, doesnt the assassin use weapon block, if so, does 1.10 make this easier to use on the other characters? Not sure of either, thought I read somewhere that assassin did, cant remember off the top of my head. Also, my modding experience is not that great, I am just starting out myself, lookin through the files and everything to see what makes everything work and stuff like that, so anything I may say should prolly be ignored when it comes to suggestions! :)

Malachai
RIP Charsi's Forge! :)
Surgeon General's Warning: Double posting may be hazardous to your health

Char
Retired staff
Principality

Post by Char » Sun Aug 24, 2003 1:05 pm

hmm.
if i understood your question right, it lead into the direction "cant you use weapon block on other characters as well".
i am not entirely sure, but i think you can. if you can, i am going to implement stave block as a passive skill for all characters, the passive will be granted automatically (you won't even see its there), so you effectively can just block with a stave as if it was a shield or as if you used asassin weapon block with two katars. this will be interesting since dexterity will increase damage on staves as well as block rating.

Malachai29
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Malachai29 » Sun Aug 24, 2003 1:07 pm

Yes, you understood and answered my question....I tend to ramble sometimes, that, and its late at night (early morning?)(06:20am) and I am working, so not quite thinking straight anymore and have almost 6 more hours ahead of me....sorry for the confusion! :)

Malachai
RIP Charsi's Forge! :)
Surgeon General's Warning: Double posting may be hazardous to your health

noir
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by noir » Sun Aug 24, 2003 1:25 pm

Char";p="124265" wrote:so you effectively can just block with a stave as if it was a shield or as if you used asassin weapon block with two katars. this will be interesting since dexterity will increase damage on staves as well as block rating.
Um, I'm a bit confused here. Asn weapon block works different from shield block. Weapon block is not affected by dexterity in any way, while shield block is. So will staff block give you a flat chance to block (like weapon block), or a chance based on dex (like a shield)?

Just on a side note, you can basically 'block' with just about any weapon (at least melee attacks, blocking arrows with a weapon is a bit unrealistic). Just watch some olympic fencing or sword fighting movies. Now I'm not saying that this should be done, it would be a bit unbalancing. I can see where you might want to implement blocking on staves, maybe we're going to see some more staff-wielding sorcs then.

reality.sys corrupt, reboot universe? [Y][N]
Hey, Marcia! Come and see the satanist! John Kovalic, Dork Covenant

Frequently Asked Questions, Links and Newbie Guide to ES

Char
Retired staff
Principality

Post by Char » Sun Aug 24, 2003 10:38 pm

...and some monk-style paladins.

block on staves will be influenced by dex and level, just like normal block is, due to the amazing things that can be done with the new skills.txt :).

Joel
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Joel » Mon Aug 25, 2003 8:29 am

Have you by any chance find a way to fix the no block with staff animation bug ??
"How much suffering, mortal, does it take before you lose your grace?"
Shadow Empire (coming soon) | forum

Char
Retired staff
Principality

Post by Char » Thu Aug 28, 2003 10:50 pm

i just give them an animation, should work, no?

Joel
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Joel » Fri Aug 29, 2003 8:31 am

Yeah I think so ...
"How much suffering, mortal, does it take before you lose your grace?"
Shadow Empire (coming soon) | forum

Return to “d2:elements”