Mod Review: Nude Assassin Mod

This forum is exclusively for members to give feedback on the Keep's mod reviews as well for posting your own. NOTICE: Forum temporarily closed down for "renovations".

Moderator: Maxx Power

Eisead
Champion of the Light

Mod Review: Nude Assassin Mod

Post by Eisead » Tue Jul 15, 2003 7:13 pm

Another job well done is I do say so myself:

Nude Assassin Mod Review

Lets just try to keep it under control childern. ;)
Last edited by Eisead on Wed Jul 16, 2003 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Smoketest

Re: Mod Review: Nude Assassin Mod

Post by Smoketest » Thu Jul 17, 2003 10:09 am

Since the assassin didn't really interest me, it took this mod to get me to actually play one. I started a brand new assassin and took her into Act 4 normal to get an idea of what the different armors and weapons would look like. Comments follow.

Good job on the graphics. The spikey look reminded me of D1 rogues when they wore plate. I would have preferred less of the bondage look, but that's the price we pay for relying on someone else to do the work. Still, I think it's a vast improvement on the rather boring default assassin.

I agree that a lot of work went into this mod; I can see why there aren't a plethora of similar works available.

The animation fits together well enough; though I did experience a repeatable crash due to a bad animation graphic. I was in Act 3, wielding claw weapons (wrist blade I think) available from vendors in that act. Either her left-handed or right-handed attack swing while wielding the weapon caused the crash to the desktop. Beware.

This mod works in singleplayer and on battle.net (open or closed), though the modified graphics are only visible to those using the mod.

Madness

Post by Madness » Thu Jul 17, 2003 11:27 pm

This, besides the Nude assassin, is a VERY good mod, the intro( Why can't more mod's have there own intro?)Is very well done, as 4 accualy game play i got a hell of a lot of errors, dont know if i had wrong dll's or sumping but it dosnt really matter becasue i wont play it again, (no need to see a naked computer generated girl when i got one in real life :)) But as for the graphics, great, just great, i hope more mod makers accualy CHANGE the graphics of the items witch show on the screen and not just on the inv, I would hope to see a "Professinal" mod from this creater and not sumthing you just want to play for.... 5 min or so, if you know what i mean.
Ma[fade]dness.......[/fade]?

[sub][fade]I am legally insane.[/fade][/sub]

Big Jim McGirk

Post by Big Jim McGirk » Wed Jul 23, 2003 5:33 am

Mod was well done, and easily links up to other mods to increase the fun. Try the nude mod with Inferno Resampled or The Fury Within. All you have to do is throw the data file in with the rest and -direct the desktop shortcut, wala Nude Assassin Inferno, etc etc.

Eisead
Champion of the Light

Post by Eisead » Wed Jul 23, 2003 6:13 am

Extremely good point. You can use this mod with other mods. Its an example to all you other mod makers to make character plugins that can be crossed over to any mod. Excellent example.

Silenkiller
Paladin

Post by Silenkiller » Sat Jul 26, 2003 6:15 pm

I think its pretty cool :)

Assassin = hotness :mrgreen:

Rattlecage
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Rattlecage » Wed Aug 20, 2003 3:54 am

Do you have any screenshots of it?
No beating heart I felt. I brought no sights to the silver lips; no warmth from the gold.

Ssergit
Champion of the Light
Location: Running around outside of Lut Gholein, sqashing scorpions

Post by Ssergit » Sat Aug 23, 2003 10:22 pm

I'd just like to say that, even as a female, this mod was interesting (ok, tongues back in mouths, guys, I didn't mean it THAT way). As someone with more than a passing familiarity with the naked female form, I was impressed with the amount of work done to make it look realistic (as far as the setup of the game allows for, of course. For more realistic ventures, we'll have to rely on our Radeons... *cough* Dawn *cough*). I think it's also important for me to note that I wasn't offended by it's inclusion in the great mod archive here at the Keep.

Maybe it's my turn to do a naked Barb mod... *shudder* even with more women to download stuff, I don't think it would be a hit...
Dough, the stuff that buys my beer
Ray, the guy who buys my beer
Me, the guy who drinks my beer
Far = a long way to the john
So, I'll have another beer
La--I'll have another beer
Tea? No thanks, I'm drinking beer...
-Homer Simpson

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Sun Aug 31, 2003 6:20 pm

It's always been my assumption that the barb is on steroids, so you wouldn't be able to see anything anyway. ;)

That said, if we have any admirers of the male form around here with animation talent and time, I would be only too glad to give equal time for a naked dude mod, even though the number of females here is relatively low compare to the guys. I like to be fair and balanced. Probably has something to do with the journalism ethics drilled into my head when I was getting my degrees. :P
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

HashCasper

Post by HashCasper » Tue Sep 02, 2003 1:16 am

Boioioioioioioioioioioioinnnnnnggg!

Naked dude mod, uh huh huh, uhh

Make all npc/monster AND chars naked. That would be awesome.

:idea: Skill idea: Amazon arrow is split in few, hit target, rips thier clothing, they get naked, and run away (terror curse, no anim), and they could get terrorized indefinitely or for however long.
"We have a point to work to, to make our nation huge; make our home stretch around the world, increase our army too. We must take over the world, make it our own, the Earth we must control, so you can't F#CK it anymore." --Mathew Chalk--

apock_666

Post by apock_666 » Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:46 am

can some one post a screenshot thnz
-apockilipse

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:48 pm

Just grab a copy as the mod's DCC-only structure implies it should work with most (if not all) versions of LoD.
If you want me to miss you, you have to GO AWAY first...

Return to “Mod Reviews”