1.45C info & bug reports

Information and updates for the EftA mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: erevos, mouse

No votes

Total votes: 0

Beldiun

Re: 1.45C info & bug reports

Post by Beldiun » Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:37 am

[quote=geneticsk8er987";p="191628"]well one thing not really major i found.
i have a lvl 92 viking and i like to do meph runs in nigtmare and everytime i hit mephisto no leech takes place :cry: now i thought it was just me so i tested it out and made another viking with 127% dual leech and went in and fought mephisto with the same results. it might be just one of my files messed up but i doubt it. great mod by the way been with ya since the early days keep up with the good work :D[/quote]

Not a EftA bug however, Mephisto is hardcoded to not be leechable in nightmare and hell. Take a look at the information in http://www.d2data.net/ on Mephisto. About halfway down, on the immunity/resist bit, it says "Leech", and Nightmare and Hell are set to 0. Are changable, I'd guess, but it's not an uncommon occurence for Meph to be unleechable.

geneticsk8er987

Post by geneticsk8er987 » Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:08 am

Not a EftA bug however, Mephisto is hardcoded to not be leechable in nightmare and hell. Take a look at the information in http://www.d2data.net/ on Mephisto. About halfway down, on the immunity/resist bit, it says "Leech", and Nightmare and Hell are set to 0. Are changable, I'd guess, but it's not an uncommon occurence for Meph to be unleechable.[/quote]

yea thx for the info really helps out and glad to know my files arent corrupted :D
Knowledge is power, Power is control

geneticsk8er987

Post by geneticsk8er987 » Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:09 am

[Deleted By User]
Last edited by geneticsk8er987 on Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Knowledge is power, Power is control

InS4n3

Post by InS4n3 » Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:27 pm

well, i just downloaded the mod and created a new summoner, but the game crashes (without any message box) when i try to move the mouse over some skill icons in the skill tree... e.g. i tried to look what the skill with the hydra-button could be... then i found myself looking onto my desktop again...
same happens for the witch (the skill with the firebolt-button ends the game as i try to look at the description) and some amazon-skills have no description at all and some barb skills have a totally wrong description (text which appears to be a part of the npc-dialogues o_O )

could my download be broken or something like that? i don't think that these are normal bugs and that it must be my fault in some way :?:
Last edited by InS4n3 on Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gandalf{xan}
Paladin

Post by gandalf{xan} » Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:18 pm

if u are using any d2-version beside the english one get the english d2lang.dll, i think this will solve your problem
life´s too short. . .

BrotherDog
Paladin

Post by BrotherDog » Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:21 am

It sounds as if you've forgotten the ".dll"s. Try getting, and installing them, that should help...

potemon(tt)

Post by potemon(tt) » Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:53 pm

can anyone help me dl faster somehow? -_- send by msn/irc/icq or ftp. would be great! :o let me know if you can help

edit: no need anymore ._o
Last edited by potemon(tt) on Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

potemon(tt)

Post by potemon(tt) » Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:25 pm

why do i only get 1 skill point/lvl?
i play 1.45c in single player/tcp ip with a heroine

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:24 am

You probably are not loading the mod's DLLs. How are you launching the game? (If you have a Mac, you cannot use the DLLs and are limited to part of the mod.)
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

potemon(tt)

Post by potemon(tt) » Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:09 pm

ive tested with both diablo ii.exe and game.exe and i only get 1 skill point with both of them. strange thing is i get 7 stat points.

edit1: hmm now i remember from the last time i played efta, i had to change some things in a shortcut to one of the .exe files but i dont remember exactly how.. where can i find that info?

edit2: hmm i just looked back in the forum histoty at older posts and i saw this post by mouse: "backup your d2client.dll, d2game.dll, d2common.dll and patch_d2.mpq. then extract the 4 files out of the 2 rars and put them in your Diablo II\ directory. if you don't backup the originals you will lose them."
this confuses me because in the file i DLed there were just patch_d2.mpq and a readme.. is there supposed to be 4 files?

edit3: hmm yea it is.. ill come back if it still doesnt work after ive dled the dlls too..

edit4: problem found and fixed -_-
Last edited by potemon(tt) on Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:33 am

Congratulations on getting set up.

In 1.10 Blizzard moved the stat points per level into a txt file, so any modder can change it without code editing. Why they didn't for skill points is beyond me. Skill points per level is still the single most popular simple code edit! (The most popular complex edit is ...of course... PlugY.)
~ Mark Twain
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

kearnzz15

Post by kearnzz15 » Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:04 am

WERE DO I GET MOD I CANT FIND A LINK ANWHERE

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:33 am

You aren't looking hard enough. There are active links in the first post of this thread (page 1). Also, please don't post your questions in multiple threads, that is against our rules.
~ Mark Twain

Return to “Escape From The Afterlife”