Skills: Viking

Information and updates for the EftA mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: erevos, mouse

mouse
Retired staff
Angel

Skills: Viking

Post by mouse » Sun Mar 28, 2004 9:04 pm

Ok, I'll try and keep this up-to-date. Here are the current skills with explanations where need me. Discuss & comment if desired. No skills are 100% final. I'm debating some kind of skill swap with hero & the werebear skills, as turning into a bear seems very berserker-ish. However, the viking does have a nice skill balance right now, and I probably won't muck with that.

Tier 1 Skills:

* Taunt
* Blessing of Strength [Might]:
* Artic Howl [Frost Nova]:
* Channel Lightning [Power Strike]:
* Rage [Sacrifice]:
* Double Swing:
* Sword Mastery:
* Axe Mastery:

Tier 2 Skills:

* Bear Totem:
* Salvage [Find Item]:
* Stun:
* Pole Arm Mastery:
* Spear Mastery:

Tier 3 Skills:

* Blessing of Fortitude [Defiance]:
* Breath of Surtur [Inferno]:
* Rage Lightning [Charged Strike]:
* Leap Attack:

Tier 4 Skills:

* Mock [Attract]:
* Quick Healing: passive - increases the Viking's healing rate
* Frenzy:
* Quickness [Burst of Speed]:

Tier 5 Skills:

* Battle Cry:
* Blessing of Focus [Concentration]:
* Breath of Ymir [Artic Blast]:
* Storm Incarnate [Thunder Storm]:
* Natural Resistance:
* Berserk:

Tier 6 Skills:

* Valkyrie:
* War Cry:
* Thor's Fury [Lightning Strike]:
* Ragnarok [Whirlwind]:
* The Viking Way: passive - increases elemental damage, defense, and grants the Viking physical damage reduction.

[EDIT:
Ok, for 1.4x the viking is getting 1 new skill: Berserker's Blessing. It's a new aura that will have higher damage than strength or focus, and will also add movement speed & mana as well as penalizing defense, hp regen & physical damage taken. Blessing of Strength adds to its damage, Blessing of Fortitute offsets the defense penalty & Blessing of Focus reduces the physical damage penalty. Be wary using this with allies though, many not vikings cannot withstand the strain of the berserker spirit! (unless they have lots of +regen or lifesteal :P )

oh, and BoS & BoFocus are getting minor damage nerfs. very minor.
/EDIT]
Last edited by mouse on Tue Apr 06, 2004 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

potemon(tt)

Re: Skills: Viking

Post by potemon(tt) » Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:30 pm

does the valkyrie look like a viking/should it? :roll:

mouse
Retired staff
Angel

Post by mouse » Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:53 pm

[quote=potemon(tt)";p="165973"]does the valkyrie look like a viking/should it? :roll:[/quote]
no, valkyrie will just look like an actual valkyrie - the are female in the stories, no sense me making them into barbs ;)

potemon(tt)

Post by potemon(tt) » Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:57 pm

just curious :P

VeryGnawty

Post by VeryGnawty » Mon May 10, 2004 4:09 pm

I don't think adding shapeshifting skills is a good idea. The Viking already gets 4 health per vitality point. Adding the Werebear's life boost seems like overkill.

Personally, I'm fond of something like the Spirit of Stone skill from Nezeramontias, decreasing damage taken but with a penalty to movement speed.

MrSwinger

Post by MrSwinger » Tue May 11, 2004 3:53 am

1) Vikings have very low life compared to heros and heroines so some kind of life boost would be good i think (though not as large a boost as shifting skills).

2) no one said anything about shifting skills from what i can see in this thread ;)

Xcolibri
Champion of the Light

Post by Xcolibri » Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:00 pm

Maybe it is a good idea to add like 0.5 % max hp per level to the Blessing Strength Aura as a synergy from that defiance blessing aura(instead of giving it defense).

Double Swing cost - mana at high levels. Read that 'minus' mana ;)
Hehe, but it doesn't give you mana when using it :doh:

eniram

Post by eniram » Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:45 am

Umm in 1.45c I was pking with my Viking and my leap attack doesnt work. The button isn't red or anything I click on the person and my Vik just stands there.

distributer

Post by distributer » Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:47 am

Yes leap seems a bit buggy on right click, it works a few times and then stops working till i rejoin game.
The set bonus from my summoner gives leap as well, he can cast it 2-3 times then cant cast anymore on rightclick.

My viking is 2h spear and its very hard to play. He has already the max dmgred of 50% and is nearly imun to ele-dmg, with 20k def (aura and vikings way bonus) he dies in a sec. So i hide behind my valkyre :D or a magi gives my diamand skin with more than 40k def it works ok in hell.

I think thats the key of playing a viking less live but much defense, so i am collecting tons of balancing stones to upgrade my armor.
Also u can upgrade the armor with up to +53% life. If u work on that the viking would become godly and not balanced.

Return to “Escape From The Afterlife”