Skills: Hero

Information and updates for the EftA mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: erevos, mouse

No votes

Total votes: 0

mouse
Retired staff
Angel

Skills: Hero

Post by mouse » Sun Mar 28, 2004 8:54 pm

Ok, I'll try and keep this up-to-date. Here are the current skills with explanations where need me. Discuss & comment if desired. No skills are 100% final. I may even move the were-skills to the viking when I do the next skill overhaul - assuming I can come up with good new skills.

Tier 1 Skills:

* Werebear: Change into wereform
* Howl: Scare away enemies
* Bash: A strong attack that knocks enemies back
* Blademaster: passive - improved damage when using blades (swords, knives, daggers)

Tier 2 Skills:

* Call Brown Bear: Summon bear companions to aide you in battle
* Shape Shifting: increase effectiveness of wereform
* Battle Command: Increased the skill levels of yourself and party members
* Fend: Attack multiple adjacent targets
* Smite: A powerful shield attack. Cannot be used in wereform.
* Increased Stamina: adds extra stamina and decreases drain speed (with archetype)
* Duelist: passive - improved attack rating, chance to pierce, and attack speed when using blades

Tier 3 Skills:

* Hunger: A wereform only attack that has massive life and mana steal, but low damage
* Maul: A wereform only attack that does increasingly more damage
* Holy Freeze: Aura that adds cold damage to attack, and freezes nearby enemies
* Flurry [Zeal]: An attack that is a flurry of blows - multiple attacks can hit one or many enemies
* Riposte: Passive that allows the hero to strike back at opponents who hit him
* Smiting: passive - do extra damage, get extra attack rating and a chance to do a crushing blow when using mace class weapons

Tier 4 Skills:

* Roar [Battle Cry]: A fearsome roar which scares enemies, causing them to do less damage and have lower defenes
* Battle Orders: Increase life, mana and stamina of allies.
* Demon Slayer: Aura that increases damage versus demons. Also grants the hero life for every demon killed
* Armor Mastery [Iron Skin]: Passive which increases the hero's defense
* Hamstringer: passive - slows enemies & has chance to do a critical hit with blades

Tier 5 Skills:

* Ursine Empathy: Increases attack in bear form, and bear companion's life and damage
* Shock Wave: Attack that sends out a powerful wave of sound, stunning nearby enemies
* Endurance: Aura that gives a stamina bonus and heals in exchange for mana
* Vengeance: Powerful attack which imbues the hero's strikes with fire, cold & lightning damage
* Ice Form: Changes the hero's flesh into ice, causing him to do extra cold damage and absorb cold attacks, but take extra fire damage and move slower
* Call Kodiak: Summons a more powerful bear to assist the hero

Tier 6 Skills:

* Battle Fury [~Fanaticism]: Shout that increases attack speed and damage
* Blessed Strike [~Fist of Heavens]: A powerful melee attack that imbues the hero's weapon with holy might, causing magic damage to the creature struck, and sending out a ring of holy bolts, which damage enemies and can heal allies.
* Salvation: Aura which increases fire, cold, lightning, magic & poison resists.
* Hero Archetype: Passive that increases cold/magic resists, block speed, and recovery rate.

[EDIT2: Next patch info:

Code: Select all

OLD:
1:Martial.......................|2:Combat..................|3:Were-Clan...................|
--------------------------------|--------------------------|------------------------------|
................................|..........................|..............................|
--------------------------------|--------------------------|------------------------------|
1...BldMstr..-----.....-----....|Bash....-----....-----....|Wearbear..Howl......-----.....|
2...Duelist..EnhStam...-----....|Smite...Fend.....BtlCmnd..|Lycanthr..-----.....BrownBear.|
3...Smiting..Riposte...-----....|-----...Flurry...HolyFrz..|Maul......Hunger....-----.....|
4...Hamstrg..ArmorMst..DmnSlyr..|-----...-----....BtlOrds..|-----.....Roar......-----.....|
5...-----....------....Ice Form.|Vengnc..-----....Endurnc..|Shockwave.-----.....UrsEmp....|
6...-----....Archtype..Salvatn..|Blsstrk.-----....BtlFury..|-----.....-----.....Kodiak....|

NEW:
1:Martial.......................|2:Combat...................|3:Were-Clan...................|
--------------------------------|---------------------------|------------------------------|
................................|...........................|..............................|
--------------------------------|---------------------------|------------------------------|
1...BldMstr..-----.....-----....|[eyeby]..-----....[DncgBld]|Wearbear..[-----]...-----.....|
2...Duelist..EnhStam...-----....|Smite....Fend.....[-----]..|Lycanthr..Hunger....BrownBear.|
3...Smiting..Riposte...[HlyFrz].|-----....Flurry...-----....|Maul......[Gorge]...-----.....|
4...Hamstrg..ArmorMst..DmnSlyr..|-----....-----....BtlOrds..|-----.....Roar......-----.....|
5...-----....------....Ice Form.|Vengnc...[WntSl]..[-----]..|Shockwave.[Devour]..UrsEmp....|
6...-----....Archtype..Salvatn..|Blsstrk..-----....BtlFury..|-----.....-----.....Kodiak....|

What's happening?
-bash, endurance, howl, battle commands going away
-new skill: Eyebite - a single target attack that is fast (it has ias) and can blind and cause bleeding.
-new skill: Winterslash - an aoe cold/freeze melee attack :)
-new skill: Gorge - a bear only attack that does low damage but automatically crushes
-new skill: Demonbite - high damage bear only attack that does additional magic damage, and damage to demons
/EDIT]
[EDIT2:
-new skill: dancing blade : floating sword pet that recieves a portion of your weapon damage in addition to its own.
/EDIT2]
Last edited by mouse on Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:08 am, edited 4 times in total.

potemon(tt)

Re: Skills: Hero

Post by potemon(tt) » Sun Apr 04, 2004 6:37 pm

i think it would be good if ice form got cooler graphics, instead of just making some things blue. at least i got very disappointed : (
maybe transforming the hero into an ice golem or something
Last edited by potemon(tt) on Sun Apr 04, 2004 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mouse
Retired staff
Angel

Post by mouse » Sun Apr 04, 2004 8:15 pm

potemon(tt)";p="165182" wrote:i think it would be good if ice form got cooler graphics, instead of just making some things blue. at least i got very disappointed : (
maybe transforming the hero into an ice golem or something
well the trick is that right now ice form stacks with werebear.
if you wan't it not to stack i can put in some kind of transformation. but transformations do not stack.

potemon(tt)

Post by potemon(tt) » Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:11 am

oh. i didnt know it stacked, i dont play hero atm so u can ask someone who plays hero and see what they think, maybe ;)

Xcolibri
Champion of the Light

Post by Xcolibri » Mon May 31, 2004 2:04 pm

I like it actually. What I really dislike is the sloooooowing down in ice form.
More than 50%, that's horrible. If it only affected movement, that would be just okay. But your attack speed goes down, too. This makes the skill rather useless, you don't even get out of stun-lock. The resist shift (-fire but cold absorb) res is a nice concept wich I like. But the speed penalty sucks.

Other notes about the hero:

- Shockwave and Eyebite works in non-wereform
- Hunger still shows 'when in wolf or bear form'
- Winter Slash and the last battle skill (the Fist of Heavens one) mana cost is a bit too high

EDIT: I think, Hamstringers Slowdown isn't working. I don't notice the monsters getting slower. They won't get blue neither, which I( think) they did in D2X when using weapons with the slow down attribute.
Last edited by Xcolibri on Mon May 31, 2004 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StephenIsHot

Post by StephenIsHot » Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:18 pm

You really should increase the AR of the Hero it is incredibly hard to hit anything even when you have a large amount of dex. I have a lvl 64 hero right now with around 180 dex and he has a 50% chance to hit hell bovine.

Xcolibri
Champion of the Light

Post by Xcolibri » Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:37 am

I agree with Steven that it is often really hard to hit things.

This is a general challenge in the mod, my viking has that problem, too. Probably it is a good idea to lower monsters' defense, people already tend to stick to always-hit elemental skills.

mouse
Retired staff
Angel

Post by mouse » Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:10 pm

Xcolibri";p="179111" wrote:I agree with Steven that it is often really hard to hit things.

This is a general challenge in the mod, my viking has that problem, too. Probably it is a good idea to lower monsters' defense, people already tend to stick to always-hit elemental skills.
i think ive mentioned this before but, eventually monsters will get an across the board resist boost. its meant to be hard ;) ar is valuable. maybe i'll lower the hell defenses a little bit though.

StephenIsHot

Post by StephenIsHot » Mon Jul 05, 2004 4:58 am

Well my hero is up to lvl 93 now, and I have a somewhat easier time of hitting monsters. This is mainly due to the fact that I use a Final Seal with lvl 4 or 5 conviction on it lowering the monsters defense a large amount.

Miguex

Post by Miguex » Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:50 am

Final Seal? It's that a unique item?

Return to “Escape From The Afterlife”