Stay A While And Listen...

Information and teasers from the upcoming mod, Shadow Empires.

Moderators: Black Heart, Joel

No votes

Total votes: 0

Old Ghost

Stay A While And Listen...

Post by Old Ghost » Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:24 am

Greetings to you, young heroes –
As Lead Elder of an exclusive community of senior club members that enjoy this game called: DIABLO II, we bid you all Good Day and Good Tidings!

For the record and so there is no confusion among those that may read this, my appointment as Lead Elder of our group is not in any way related to a crackpot religious cult. Chances be and Odds that are, show heavy favor that I am many years older than any of your members’ fathers – it’s often speculated here within our group that I may very well be the oldest Diablo player in the United States at 78 years young. I make no such claim to fame in that regard, but let it be known to all here that I do very much enjoy slaying the Devil with Paladin sword three times a week. Those who read this may laugh AT me or laugh WITH me, but whichever the case; be it fool or be it knight – I bring you sincere wishes for continued gaming success and the news of a “reward”.

We have been silent watchers over your proceedings and projects for some time now with very high interest (Special thanks presented to my grandson who allowed use of his e-mail address to register here today). We have been very much enjoying the progress of several of your game modifications and enhancements and eagerly await the many final releases. Although we may know nothing of your science or craft, our small community here, as fans of the game, felt that some reward and incentive was in order for your efforts made and your challenges met.

By way of vote (Thursday, March 10, 2005) from our 46 Senior Elders, it has been decided that we are awarding a cash purse prize to the creator of (in this group’s opinion) the Best Diablo II LOD 1.10 variant (or MOD as you would call it). Through several group discussions here we feel that there are currently two frontrunners that appear to be “potential” candidates of earning an award such as this. At this stage, we feel strongly that the ones with most promise appear to be Dark Alliance and Shadow Empires (of course this could change through the next year if competition catches up). To clarify our viewpoint of “BEST” comes as a result of several group meetings and a culmination of the following game aspects that we will be looking for with high regard in our winning selection:
1) Best: Fun, balanced and exciting game-play with an overall good vs. evil atmosphere still intact.
2) Best: Creativity, originality and flair with overall in-game enhancements and visuals for environments, weaponry, skills, magic and mayhem.
3) Best: Longevity of replay, uniqueness between characters and variety of skills
4) Best: Fantastic monsters, Demons so foul… and treasures that will knock an old man’s socks off!

The prize money that we have raised thus far toward this award is now at $500.00 US dollars. I may need to apologize to all, as the passage of time makes it a bit unclear to me how much value this amount of money may now have. During my sunny days this amount would have been enough for me to purchase two automobiles! My sincere hope…fervent wish is that it will be of some value to the “winner” that we will be eventually choosing. If continued good health permits, I hope to be the proud presenter of this award by at least this time next year (or sooner?). If further time is needed in extension then this may need further adjustment and will be decided then (03/10/06). We are all hopeful here to play this game at the exciting new levels that many of you are creating!

Some last thoughts to conclude with: Please take your time with your game enhancements and make it “your best”. We would like our cash award to be considered as a gauntlet thrown down…but please do NOT take this to be a race against time. People of our age have learned patience many, many years ago and the overall desires here are to wait for true quality to come through in our winning selection. We will continue to watch your proceedings from afar, but I regret to say that none of us here will be able to maintain energy in continued postings in your “Forum”, as you would call it. We wish the best of luck to all of you in your gaming quests and your real time efforts in family and life. We will be in touch at a later date to announce our winner.

Good luck to you puppets!
Good Knight,
Grandfather and the Old Ghosts

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Re: Stay A While And Listen...

Post by Myhrginoc » Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:52 pm

I am sure this was meant in good faith and good intentions. But a few things are amiss nevertheless. So I will have to lock this down, and request no more such offers or challenges.

Diablo II is a licensed, copyrighted commercial product, and revenues are due to the appropriate holders (Blizzard, et al.). The mods made and presented at the Keep are unofficial alterations with no extension of rights. The Phrozen Keep cannot permit discussion of any payment, prize, exchange or other consideration except and until such time as authorized by those holders.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Return to “Shadow Empires”