Sets Items - Systems, Screenshots and Discussions

Information and teasers from the upcoming mod, Shadow Empires.

Moderators: Black Heart, Joel

Joel
Dominion

Hand-picked

Sets Items - Systems, Screenshots and Discussions

Post by Joel » Mon May 10, 2004 7:51 pm

OK, the Set items are split in various "families".

1) The House Sets :
These consist of two (2) items and are intended to be completed quickly and easily. They are designed to give one special modifier (effect-thorns, gosu +stat%) that cannot be found anywhere else or only on very specific uniques. Instead of losing an important slot such as the weapon by using an otherwise useless unique with the bonus you want, just give up two less important slots instead. Remember that a lucky jewel can have +8% bonus to one stat or element or +4% to two stats/elemental damages.

House of Caelran :
http://cw.d2mods.com/temp/items/sets/caelran-herald.jpg
http://cw.d2mods.com/temp/items/sets/caelran-soul.jpg

House of Isare :
http://cw.d2mods.com/temp/items/sets/isare-herald.jpg
http://cw.d2mods.com/temp/items/sets/isare-spirit.jpg

House of Skarra :
http://cw.d2mods.com/temp/items/sets/skarra-herald.jpg
http://cw.d2mods.com/temp/items/sets/skarra-mark.jpg

House of Hathar :
http://cw.d2mods.com/temp/items/sets/hatar-herald.jpg
http://cw.d2mods.com/temp/items/sets/hathar-symbol.jpg

House of Antiobe :
http://cw.d2mods.com/temp/items/sets/antiobe-herald.jpg
http://cw.d2mods.com/temp/items/sets/antiobe-symbol.jpg

Comments :P ?

[Laz edit: that's Hathar, silly goose]
Last edited by Joel on Tue May 11, 2004 1:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"How much suffering, mortal, does it take before you lose your grace?"
Shadow Empire (coming soon) | forum

sPoT
Forum Regular
Angel

Re: Sets Items - Systems, Screenshots and Discussions

Post by sPoT » Tue May 11, 2004 3:35 pm

[quote=Joel";p="172683"]
Comments :P ?[/quote]

Obviously :mrgreen:. As usual, these items are perfect :twisted:. It's another part of great work of SE team :)

In my opinion, these are very nice.
Do you know that every modding question has an answer? Just use the power, click me!
"The Defile" - Forum - currently closed
The best guide for every modmaker!

ArCh4Ng3
Champion of the Light

Post by ArCh4Ng3 » Tue May 11, 2004 4:37 pm

Nice shot joel, great conept and great items, same as usual ;)
An atheist knows that we should build hospitals instead of churchs.

acdc14235
Paladin

Post by acdc14235 » Sat May 15, 2004 7:54 pm

Very nice! So these stats are ONLY available on these sets?

Maybe you can make some cube recipes (very expensive of course) to add some of these godly stats to ittems.... :twisted:
dfagdafh

Black Heart
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Black Heart » Sun May 16, 2004 8:40 am

Would that not defeat the purpose of collecting the sets?

We are geared towards a large variety in character builds not the same old cookie cutter character builds. X armor is the best and Y weapon is the best so only build, craft and use that specific combo. ;)
Sometimes we win with greater firepower, through sheer numbers or more powerful weapons, but for the most part it is knowledge that defines our victories. Know something and it has lost its power over you.

The Shadow Has risen!!!! Warped Tiles

Joel
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Joel » Sun May 16, 2004 8:53 am

[quote=acdc14235";p="173503"]
Maybe you can make some cube recipes (very expensive of course) to add some of these godly stats to ittems....
[/quote]

no. period.

The sole uniques recipes you'll have acces will be some rerollling items one, quality change, socketing one, unsocketing one and some "special" class specific recipes.

The cube is here to provide a way to spawn items with CONTROLLED power, not to make everyone run everywhere with ub3r 1337 it4mz.

This sets has those bonus, some high end uniques too, that' s all. The affix is powerfull but not NECESSARY to clean up the game so, you won't be spoiled.

acdc14235
Paladin

Post by acdc14235 » Tue May 18, 2004 9:04 pm

Okay, haha... I guess I've played way too much Zy-El :!: :lol:
dfagdafh

taosk8r
Paladin

Post by taosk8r » Sun May 30, 2004 12:31 am

Just a couple quick questions upon seeing how the inventory is setup.

Is it always going to show both sets of items like that (taking up potential valuable inventory space)?

Also, considering that there is usually a lotta moving stuff between the cube and the stash is there any chance that the unused inventory and weilded inventory spots will be switched (to make it so less time is spent mousing stuff across areas where it is not going to be dropped)?

Black Heart
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Black Heart » Sun May 30, 2004 8:43 am

[quote=taosk8r";p="175776"]Just a couple quick questions upon seeing how the inventory is setup.

Is it always going to show both sets of items like that (taking up potential valuable inventory space)?

Also, considering that there is usually a lotta moving stuff between the cube and the stash is there any chance that the unused inventory and weilded inventory spots will be switched (to make it so less time is spent mousing stuff across areas where it is not going to be dropped)?[/quote]

Are you referring to having your body locations on the left of the inventory screen? It takes a bit of work to build a screen gfx and set all the offsets so as it has been done already it is not likely to be redone this is most likely the way it will appear in final version.

Not sure what you meant by “Is it always going to show both sets of items like that (taking up potential valuable inventory space)?.”

As to transferring thing to the cube well you can always drop them into the backpack in the inventory screen. As this is not a crafters mod per say the traffic to cube will not be that bad. As to transferring into your stash why quibble of mere seconds?
Sometimes we win with greater firepower, through sheer numbers or more powerful weapons, but for the most part it is knowledge that defines our victories. Know something and it has lost its power over you.

The Shadow Has risen!!!! Warped Tiles

taosk8r
Paladin

Post by taosk8r » Mon May 31, 2004 1:21 am

[quote=Black Heart";p="175808"]
[quote=taosk8r";p="175776"]Just a couple quick questions upon seeing how the inventory is setup.

Also, considering that there is usually a lotta moving stuff between the cube and the stash is there any chance that the unused inventory and weilded inventory spots will be switched (to make it so less time is spent mousing stuff across areas where it is not going to be dropped)?[/quote]

Are you referring to having your body locations on the left of the inventory screen? It takes a bit of work to build a screen gfx and set all the offsets so as it has been done already it is not likely to be redone this is most likely the way it will appear in final version.

Not sure what you meant by “Is it always going to show both sets of items like that (taking up potential valuable inventory space)?.”

As to transferring thing to the cube well you can always drop them into the backpack in the inventory screen. As this is not a crafters mod per say the traffic to cube will not be that bad. As to transferring into your stash why quibble of mere seconds?
[/quote]

Ok so on the both sets I mean the two weapons that you switch with the w (1 and 2)..

I guess from what you've said the design is pretty final, but its not a few seconds I'm talking about.. If yer moving thousands of items across that space back and forth repeatedly it adds up to quite a lot of seconds.. I'm just thinking it'd be nicer on your players if that stuff was on the leftmost part rather than the rightmost (ok so I'm insanely obsessed with making user interfaces less frustrating, but I think ppl will understand better if it was flipped from right to left since you hardly swap stuff onto yourself as compared to moving stuff you've gathered to and from the stash).. I also don't understand about the backpack thing, but it sounds cool.. :)

Fortitude

Post by Fortitude » Mon May 31, 2004 3:17 am

Its not showing the weapon switch, it's the weapon and SHIELD slots showing.

@Joel

When you're doing screenshots, would it be possible to trim the pics down so only the relevant (to that screenshot) info is showing? It's just that I'm stuck with 56k dialup and loading a whole screen for each screeenshot is taking quite some time.
:snore:
Last edited by Fortitude on Mon May 31, 2004 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Happiness is a beltfed weapon

Joel
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Joel » Mon May 31, 2004 7:31 pm

[quote=Fortitude";p="175932"]
When you're doing screenshots, would it be possible to trim the pics down so only the relevant (to that screenshot) info is showing? It's just that I'm stuck with 56k dialup and loading a whole screen for each screeenshot is taking quite some time.
:snore:[/quote]

Oh damn sorry :oops: i never realized that.
Next will be trimmed promise :p
Last edited by Joel on Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Retroboy

Post by Retroboy » Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:39 am

I'm quite impressed. The descriptions of powers are elegant and brief, and very clear without leaving the player guessing.

Re: dragging stuff to/from the cube - typically when I pick up stuff, I drag-and-drop it on the cube graphic in inventory without opening the other cube window. When I want to sell all my swag, I just stand in front of the vendor and drop the cube, and that puts everything on the ground around me for easy sorting and selling. As a result, the amount of cube<--> inventory traffic is minimal.

-- Retro
Last edited by Retroboy on Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mythrander101
Champion of the Light

Post by Mythrander101 » Sun Jul 25, 2004 4:42 am

Joel~

This mod is looking pretty good. Now you said that these sets
are intended to be completed quickly and easily.
Well then, why the large level requirements? Being a SP player, it takes me a while to get my char up that high. Are you supposed to lvl up faster in SE?

Just wondering...

Myth101

P.S. I'm assuming that there are some low level requirements for set items too, i.e. lvls 3, 10, 14, etc. etc.
Internal Tester for Diablo II: Dark Alliance Mod.

People say that I suffer from insanity, but I don't suffer from it, I enjoy every moment of it!

World of Warcraft:
Realm: Feathermoon/Alliance
Name: Alistania, Tank

Joel
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Joel » Sun Jul 25, 2004 8:47 am

There will be low level sets. But those contains high end affixes that can't spawn on early items. But well, even, in SP finding TWO set pieces are not that hard.

For level up speed, no, still same speed.

Return to “Shadow Empires”