Dragons' Uprising

Information and updates for the Dragons' Uprising mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderator: reiyo_oki

No votes

Total votes: 0

reiyo_oki
Retired staff
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Alpha Beta

Post by reiyo_oki » Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:11 pm

Yep, nows the beta time! Any and all suggestions are more than welcome. Please post bugs in the bug reports thread.

Reality is different for each person; What one person sees, another does not. It's all a matter of perspective. This is my reality, I'll live it as I choose.

"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
"Who desires peace should prepare for war."
- Vegetius De Rei Militari III

reiyo_oki
Retired staff
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Dragons' Uprising Bugs

Post by reiyo_oki » Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:13 pm

Post any bugs you may find here. I'll have them fixed (if I can) for the next release after they are posted.

Red Text Not fixed
Green Text Fixed
Blue Text Working on it

Currently Known Bugs:
-Cyclone Armor doesn't cast
-Sorceress Spirits crash game when you try to enhance them
-Paladin "Resisitance" skill gets too large a bonus
Last edited by reiyo_oki on Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:32 am, edited 3 times in total.

Reality is different for each person; What one person sees, another does not. It's all a matter of perspective. This is my reality, I'll live it as I choose.

reiyo_oki
Retired staff
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Old DU Topics (Merged threads)

Post by reiyo_oki » Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:40 pm

This thread is a merger of all the old DU topics and discussion.

Sir Xavius
Paladin
United States of America

Post by Sir Xavius » Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:25 pm

I'm seriously liking the look and description of your Dragons mod. When you think Dark Ages and legendary monsters and magical items, i don't know why Blizzard left dragons out of the original storyline. So to see that you're working on this mod is really intriguing. Don't stop, my friend — many await your contribution! :cool:

As a solo player i would like to see the ability to summon dragons with (or maybe as an alternative to) the morphing ability. So if the enemies are 5 times stronger, at least i can get some equalization.

If you need ideas, PM me, i'm the creative type, altho modding is brand new to me.

reiyo_oki
Retired staff
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by reiyo_oki » Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:15 am

The DU that got to 1.03b isn't going to be updated any more, sorry. I am willing to let someone take over the project if they want to, though.

Cursed Dragon

Re: Old DU Topics (Merged threads)

Post by Cursed Dragon » Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:17 am

Can anyone email me the latest version of this Mod? my email is CSKx2001@yahoo.com

reiyo_oki
Retired staff
Arch-Angel
United States of America

It's BACK!

Post by reiyo_oki » Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:22 am

I've just re-enabled the mod downloads from the site. I received approval for the use of the image a few days ago, I just didn't have the time to upload the new version of the mod.

There are a few new features, and the title-screen has been changed slightly, but nothing really major was done. Check the Dragons' Uprising Website for more info and a downlaod link.

reiyo_oki
Retired staff
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Beta Release Announcement!

Post by reiyo_oki » Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:49 am

I've just released the first beta for the mod. There are lots of changes, including the addition of D2Mod, as well as lots of new skills and some new monsters. See my site ( http://du.d2mods.com ) for full details

shugenja

Re: Dragons' Uprising 1.02a Bugs

Post by shugenja » Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:38 pm

for some reason the game crashes when i choose one of the spirits the sorceress gets.

other than that the mod looks pretty good.

reiyo_oki
Retired staff
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by reiyo_oki » Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:38 am

I'm working on that one, I'm not exactly sure what causes it, I think it's something to do with a bad skilldesc line though.

reiyo_oki
Retired staff
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Re: Beta Release Announcement!

Post by reiyo_oki » Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:04 am

I've uploaded the second beta of the mod. Lots of stuff has been changed from the initial beta release, here's the list of what I did:

1.01b
-New skills added to each class
-Altered bone wall graphics
-Fixed crash when adding points to sorceress spirits
-Rearranged skilltrees
-Added level requirements to various skills
-Added two new D2Mod plugins
-Updated PlugY to 4.03
-Charsi now imbues items to unique quality rather than rare

m4g1c

Re: Beta Release Announcement!

Post by m4g1c » Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:25 am

File Planet seems to not be working. It's not bringing up a list of servers. There wouldn't happen to be any mirrors would there be?
- m4g1c`

Monday11

Dragons are where?

Post by Monday11 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:10 am

I am currently playing the latest release posted for download and have obviously done something terribly wrong. I am playing an "Amazon" and am at the River of Fire in Act one, Sklv26, and have yet to see a dragon. Am I playing the right mod?
A teacher who is no longer a student is also no longer a teacher.

reiyo_oki
Retired staff
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by reiyo_oki » Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:46 am

The dragon animations are in the works. I've had to restart the mod once, and because of that, I lost most of my animation and monster work. The next release will have dragon transformations for each class, and a few more treats. Most of the changes thus far have just been skill changes, and a map alteration to tristram.

lunchbox311

Re: Dragons' Uprising Bugs

Post by lunchbox311 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:02 am

the paladin resistance skill (the one that resits phyiscal and magic damage) has a bug on the display
i believe a 1 is added after every # so at lvl 1 it resists 1
then lvl 2 81
lvl 3 161 and so on

also that aura is not sleectable from the quick skill tab and neither is heal(i had to manually click on heal in the skill section (where you allocate them) to get it to work)

also there is a bug in the skill point display
the first skill point put in a skill did not lower the counter so i effectivly got 3 skill points at lvl 1 but it only showed 2

reiyo_oki
Retired staff
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by reiyo_oki » Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:31 am

Heal requires no points to upgrade right now.

The resist skill isn't an aura, actually. It's a passive skill, each class has it.

I've fixed the large increase per level for the next release.

reiyo_oki
Retired staff
Arch-Angel
United States of America

New site up and running (finally)

Post by reiyo_oki » Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:33 am

After close to two months worth of headaches, I've finally gotten the new site up and running. You don't need to memorize a new address, unless you want to, since the old one will now just redirect you there. All the stuff is there, and a bit more. The site is based upon phpBB2, and as such, allows me to create usergroups, which I've done. Anybody interested in aiding in the mod's development can sign up at the site, and drop me a PM. Depending on your experience, I might assign you a task.

reiyo_oki
Retired staff
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Still chugging along! (Now with help!)

Post by reiyo_oki » Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:32 pm

As some of you may have noticed, this little section of the Keep has been dead for a long time. Well, hopefully that will change soon! :D I've enlisted the help of Silinrul, who initially registered at the DU website, and has been contributing to the development of the mod greatly.

Silinrul will be helping out with the development of the mod, and keeping this board up to date with news of the progress on DU (Once somebody adds him as a moderator, that is *jabs Onyx*)

Silinrul
Retired staff
Serf

Dragons' Uprising - Progress (UPDATED DAILY)

Post by Silinrul » Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:19 am

Greetings everyone!

First of all, lemme introduce myself. I am Silinrul, mostly known as Hunter or Lt Hunter on the forums I've been to before. As you may have noticed I have joined the DU team and together we have already began working on the new MOD....from scratch.

In this topic I will keep you updated with what are the features of the new MOD, what plans do we have and how far are we with the work. I am sure you will be pleased of our work, so therefor I will jump right into business.

Dragons' Uprising - A new age

Dragons' Uprising will be a totally unique and new MOD to the wonderful world of Diablo II Mods. It's unique features will make this one complete new thrilling experience for the experienced Diablo 2 Player.

I will now try to briefly explain you a set of features, we have decided to implement so far (please remember that the previous Dragons' Uprising features, from the old version, will be removed/altered):

---> A completely new Storyline, new quests, new maps. As a hint, I will only tell you that the Storyline will not have Diablo/Mephisto/Baal or the Battle Between Heaven and Hell as a main plot. It will be something totally new.

---> The 7 classes will have new names, and for the beginning we are thinking of the following: Red Dragon Disciple (ex Barbarian), Blue Dragon Disciple (ex Sorceress), Gold Dragon Disciple (ex Amazon), Black Dragon Disciple (Ex Assassin), Bone Dragon Disciple (Ex Necromancer), White Dragon Disciple (Ex Paladin) and Green Dragon Disciple ( Ex Druid).

---> 5 Acts filled with mostly new monsters , that will fit in the new environment. New Bosses for each act, new final boss...

---> Completely reworked skill tree and NEW SKILL TREES for each class. Each skill tree may have between 10-15 skills(spells). The Red Dragon Disciple, for instance, will be a chaos magic wielder (yes, there will be the chance to have battlemage builds for barbarians, and you will see what we mean when you will actually see the new skill tree) , or the Bone Dragon Disciple will loose his summon skill tree in favor of a better one (Will still have the Summon Skeleton skill branch in another skill tree though). I assure you there will be lots of new things to explore and that will give you a good reason to play this new MOD for hours.

---> New items, that will fit in the new world. New uniques, rares, magical, set etc etc.

---> The MOD will bring a little more challenge than the previous LOD versions, but it will be playable by not-so-good players as well.

---> Each Class will have the chance to transform itslef into a Half-Dragon that will give bonuses, depending on the type of half-dragon you become. However, this feature, will be available not from the start of the game, but after you complete a certain quest, further into our storyline.

That's it for now. Daily I will inform you with the progress we've made, with our project manager's permission :)
Right now we started working on the Red Dragon Disciple Skill tree and so far the skills are ready, we just need to do a little scrapping here and there and we should be done. After we finish the skill tree, I will, prolly, let you know of how the "new barbarian" looks like :)

Keep in touch! And remember, Dragons' Uprising has not died...it has just began to rise ;)[/b]
Last edited by Silinrul on Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Silinrul
Retired staff
Serf

Post by Silinrul » Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:36 am

In the last days we have came up with the first two classes, the Red Dragon Disciple and the White Dragon Disciple (aka ex-Barbarian and ex-Paladin). We have the first raw look of their skill trees and are working on finding methods to implement the skills we want. Remember, there are many new skills and some of them will greatly enhance your desire to play this game.

And no, the Paladin will not be composed just from aura-only skills and a few combat tricks. Same goes for the barbarian, who will loose his Warcry Skill tree, in favor of a better one.

Silinrul
Retired staff
Serf

Post by Silinrul » Sat Aug 06, 2005 8:21 pm

The Paladins' Skills are almost done. :)
All we need is to add the actual numbers and get all the graphics working :)

reiyo_oki
Retired staff
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Dragons' Uprising on hold

Post by reiyo_oki » Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:59 pm

Due to lack of time, I've decided to put the mod on hold for now. For me, real life is more important ;) I will check in occasionally to see how things are going, but don't expect a lot of mod updates.

theonlymoose
Forum Regular
Angel

Re: Dragons' Uprising on hold

Post by theonlymoose » Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:40 pm

Is there any place that I can get a copy of the last version of the previous Dragon's Uprising? If not can you tell me when the last version was available, so I can have idea if the version I have was the last one.

For some reason I'm getting an access violation when trying to start it. On a 1.10 version of LOD.

EDIT: Never mind, I got it figured out. :D I can play it again.
Last edited by theonlymoose on Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

reiyo_oki
Retired staff
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Death of a dragon

Post by reiyo_oki » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:57 am

I'm sadly announcing the end of DU. I have learned a lot from my experience working on it, but it just didn't work out for me. In the end I just didn't have the time or motivation to do such a large project. For those of you who were looking forward to the mod, I'm sorry. I'll be backing up all the old versions I have, so it won't be gone forever. Maybe the files will be of some use someday. As to the website, once it goes down, it's staying down, just like the mod is.

Thank you all for your support throughout the project's life. I won't be leaving the Keep though. I still check in now and then, even if I don't post a lot, so I'll see you all around, hopefully.

theonlymoose
Forum Regular
Angel

Re: Death of a dragon

Post by theonlymoose » Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:02 am

Sorry to see you go. Now I'm glad that I still have a copy of the previous version of Dragon's Uprising, and was able to get it working when I moved my LOD 1.10 folder to a different hard drive. I'm gonna backup all the mods that I have that are dead on a DVD, so I don't lose them. ;)

Return to “Dragons' Uprising”