Open source RPG

Information and updates for the Blackened mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: Necrolis, Adhin

ukn

Open source RPG

Post by ukn » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:53 am

Hello Adhin!

I've been a long standing fan of the Blackened mod. Can't remember the password to any of my old user accounts, but I'm dw0rek if you remember.

Can't tell you how much I appreciate your work and the time you put into creating this mod.

Just wanted to show you a game that has caught my attention since it's entirely open source (easy access to make modifications in the source code), and the art work of the game is open as well.

This is in no way intended as spam, and I'm not affiliated with the project any more than sending in a bug report or two.

The projects name is FLARE (http://flarerpg.org/) and it has a lot of the feeling from Diablo 1 and 2. There is a steadily increasing community around the game and the development pace has been quite rapid for the last couple of years.

I just wanted to bring this to your attention since I know you are a great art designer and have a lot of ideas about how to really make the feeling of an RPG just right.

I encourage you to test it out, while keeping in mind that it is a still in beta stage so at parts rough around the edges.

My dream would be that you would sometime in the future join this project or some other open source project and develop a great RPG that is easy to modify and play around with.

I wish you all the best!

Regards /robin

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Re: Open source RPG

Post by Necrolis » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:21 am

ukn" wrote:The projects name is FLARE (http://flarerpg.org/) and it has a lot of the feeling from Diablo 1 and 2. There is a steadily increasing community around the game and the development pace has been quite rapid for the last couple of years.
cla$$ics was touting FLARE around IRC at some stage, seemed pretty cool, only thing that got me was the constant loading between area's (dunno if that been taken care of, but if/when it does, it should be a pretty nice engine to toy with).

I'm hoping Adhin doesn't rush off and join some other project, as we still have some major stuff to release :P (which should be accelerated now that I'm on holiday, just gotta tear Adhin away from all the festive game releases).
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

Adhin
Retired staff
Angel

Re: Open source RPG

Post by Adhin » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:28 am

Heh yeah not gonna go abandoning the mod to mod any other game. I wanna at least finish the characters and repopulate a base D2 area stuff if not get all the map {filtered} done I wanted to do.

Only real danger is me 'playing' new games, which is gonna happen regardless of anything else. Cause I like me some games.
Blackened Mod: http://blackened.d2mods.com

"Evokation. Thats some kind of food, right?" - KaiKou

Def Con: kills owls dead

Return to “Blackened”