what's new?

Information and updates for the Blackened mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: Necrolis, Adhin

LiQuiD

what's new?

Post by LiQuiD » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:32 pm

hello there guys ,i'm not playing d2 for a while now and i decided to drop by

so ,how's the mod going?any new quests or class changes?
Wikipedia Quote
The Bulgarian Army is the only force in the world which never lost a single flag,although it actively participated in all major wars in Europe since the end of the nineteenth century.

CTF OWNED!!! xD

Adhin
Retired staff
Angel

Re: what's new?

Post by Adhin » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:53 am

Class designs basically. Have a more fluid layout or working on that. Need a new DLL, changing inventory again which is always a pain in the ass. The last class setup was a huge headache for folks, including my self so I've smoothed it out a bit more. Working on another test of that now.

But since I'm awful at actually writing out updates on stuff I might as well throw some of it here.

There's basically 3 Classes you choose from, and doing so stamps your character as that for the rest of the game. Instead of doing a convoluted confusing sub-classing system I just allow any class to dabble into the other 40 shared skills form the other 2 classes (20 shared per class). Limitation being you can't reach 3rd tank (max skill lvl) in them. This is often a huge bonus like 20% Attack Speed on a Warrior skill, or the 50% bonus dmg spells get. Warriors also get half-caster levels so they're overall damage and duration on spells are halved to that of the other 2.

So they're the 3, Warrior, Priest, and Mage. Each one has 23 skills to them, 20 of which all classes can spend points in, 3 of which only that class can obtain and they tend to heavily enhance some play style of that class. I have most of that in and working now for the next test. After that there will be 8 Columns of 6 skills each in Tab 4 and 5, these will be racial and unique to each character.

What that comes down to for some numbers thing is 69 Shared skills across all characters (split with the 3 classes). And 48 unique skills per character. Its an awful lot of work heh but a good bits going faster as I can take it directly from the last setup.
Blackened Mod: http://blackened.d2mods.com

"Evokation. Thats some kind of food, right?" - KaiKou

Def Con: kills owls dead

Return to “Blackened”