Install blues

Information and updates for the Blackened mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: Necrolis, Adhin

remivan

Install blues

Post by remivan » Fri May 21, 2010 6:39 pm

I.m sorry. I tried to figure this out, but I've downloaded version 3, 3.5, and the 3.5 fix. They all contain a folder called data. I got the 3 version to work, but how do I install the updates? replacing the existing data folder with the 3.5 version (which is about half the size) did not seem to be a good idea. I tried it anyways and found some weird anomalies in the game. Please help if you know the solution.

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Re: Install blues

Post by Necrolis » Fri May 21, 2010 7:27 pm

Don't replace, overwrite. The patch is basically all the files that have changed or been added(there is also a section on the site on the installation)
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

remivan

Re: Install blues

Post by remivan » Fri May 21, 2010 7:47 pm

Thank you. I redownloaded the 3 and 3.5 and tried that successfully while waiting for a reply. I wish a little instruction had been included with the files mentioning that procedure. I have since found out that my sorceress' skill fireball does zero damage. Perhaps that was an already discovered bug, but I don't see any mention of it in these forums. Again, thank you.

Return to “Blackened”