Ladder Runewords

Information and updates for the Blackened mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: Necrolis, Adhin

Kaplox

Ladder Runewords

Post by Kaplox » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:18 am

Hey, I was wondering if there's any mods out there that could enable Ladder and Realm-only Runewords, and are compatible with Blackened, since i really needed to have access to these very badly :cry:
I've tried downloading a mod called "Runeword Mod", but it's also text-based, making it completely not compatible with Blackened...
I've even downloaded UDieToo since someone told me you could use it to make your character a Ladder one, but when i do so it will simply tell me I'm unable to join the game, so this is not an option either (on both SP and TCP/IP).
I've even tried to use an item pack to fetch the runeword i would make but all of them show some red stat like "Unknown (IFE)" and similar (probably because of vLOD's skill when hit/struck/etc.), and some even have passive skills as charged skills on them, so that whenever i want to see my available skills i need to take that item off, or i'll crash.

I'd really apreciate some help on this matter...it's really hard to find good items if you can't make the best runewords =/
Thank You.

Adhin
Retired staff
Angel

Re: Ladder Runewords

Post by Adhin » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:10 am

considering how much easier the game is in B3.5 you shouldn't need 'ladder' only runewords just to find good items. In either case I doubt anything will be compatible, most stuff are TXT based (or mpq based - same issue).

however they probably only alter runewords/unique/set .txt files - if thats all they edit you can use them WITH blackaned as mine (while they make changes to that) arn't to important. That is for B3.5. B4 will have so many drastic changes to items and such you wont be able to mix anything with it.

So id say its unrequired but if you find that .txt based one again, give it a shot probably wont ruin anything. And if you find out that it does, well you can just reinstall.
Blackened Mod: http://blackened.d2mods.com

"Evokation. Thats some kind of food, right?" - KaiKou

Def Con: kills owls dead

Kaplox

Post by Kaplox » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:14 am

thanks for your answer Adhin, but i've already tried it already it contains lots of files that are present in B3.5 too, so it really does ruin stuff :(
also what i meant with "finding good items" was to really do MF Runs, which is kinda slow if you can't for example use a Infinity runeword on your hireling while using a Fiend Assassin...

Adhin
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Adhin » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:55 am

thats a 1.12 POS runeword that never should of been put in the game. you wont find it in B3.5 anyways since its for 1.10.

As for the 'mana' issue - all classes have a means to obtain mana back quickly. If your playing a Zrathri (asn) look at her runes tab, theres a symbol in there that sucks mana from monsters. Against bosses and the like it can be HUGE, since you can just spam it on them as your spamming your spells.

Trust me, point in that goes a long way.
Blackened Mod: http://blackened.d2mods.com

"Evokation. Thats some kind of food, right?" - KaiKou

Def Con: kills owls dead

Return to “Blackened”