Lan Problem

Information and updates for the Blackened mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: Necrolis, Adhin

Lionlol

Lan Problem

Post by Lionlol » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:45 am

I Downloaded the newest version of B4 and the fix but when i try to host a lan game it crashes anyone know why or have had this problem
Last edited by Lionlol on Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:02 am

The error message would help...
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

Lionlol

Re: Lan Problem

Post by Lionlol » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:21 am

Last edited by Lionlol on Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Adhin
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Adhin » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:25 am

No clue, have you tried to host a lan game with out a mod installed? can't see why the mod would somehow alter that for you while its being run.
Blackened Mod: http://blackened.d2mods.com

"Evokation. Thats some kind of food, right?" - KaiKou

Def Con: kills owls dead

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:38 am

BTH has the same problem, no solution to it as yet, are you using vista by any chance? And could you pm your debug log and i'll have a look at the code
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer

Lionlol

Post by Lionlol » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:07 pm

Im running 64bit xp ill try running it without the mods and see what happens.

Aramir

Post by Aramir » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:38 pm

Hello there...

I have the same problem, I noticed that when I am running blackened using shourtcut I can play lan game, but my charakters dont hawe any stat points at the beggining, so I can not choose/create class and some skills missing(think it is same as it was before I used beta 4 fix).When I am running it trough blackened launcher, single player works perfectly, but with multiplayer there is problem posted above...

It is really good mod and thanks a lot for it, but I would like to play it trough lan...so if there are any suggestions plz help...

I am running windows Vista if it helps....

Lionlol

Post by Lionlol » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:22 am

yeah same here when i tried it through the d2 shortcut it would run the lan game but it was broken like before the fix i am just gonna assume it has to do with us running vista and 64bit xp

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:26 am

Hopefully the next version will fix this, but its probably gonna be a while...

Lionlol

Post by Lionlol » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:37 pm

Well i hope so how active is devlopment.

Adhin
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Adhin » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:53 pm

ahh then its definitly a DLL issue, and thats entirely in Necrolis' department. Most of the DLL's im using now (current version) arn't his though, just 1 of em is. If BTH has the same issue chances are we share a common DLL thats causing the issue. Hopefully with necrolis re-doing/combining everything for me it can get fixed via that.

As for why it works when you use your normal short cut, thats because your short cut isnt running the DLL files. which means the mod its self isnt fucntioning properly, your just getting the .txt changes. that means only 3 tabs, not 5, none of the feats, no proper skill/stat progression (as in none at all). I guess the other question I would have, and this maybe difficult for you two to do, but if it will not let YOU host, can you still connect to someone elses game? Makes me wonder if it just screws up your TCP all together or if its just a one sided ordeal. If im around (aka, on my comp) ill be in the IRC channel (past few days i haven't been around but that may change soon). We can test there if you two don't find someone else who can host (chances are normal XP (non-64) would work).
Last edited by Adhin on Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aramir

Post by Aramir » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:16 pm

Thanks for reply and lot of luck with it...

I tried to connect hosted game and it did the same error, but the game was hosted using the desktop shortcut (friend have Vista too), so i will try to install it on some comp with xp and connect to normal version....

I`ll try to run it in Linux also after I`ll install it (waiting for new version of Kubuntu), mabye it will work normally because normal Diablo II worked me there perfectly.So I will post reply there if it works or not...

And please excuse my english (I am from Czech Republic)
Last edited by Aramir on Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lionlol

Post by Lionlol » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:40 pm

Well I will hang around in irc aswell i have nothing better to do at the moment. I currently have no one to test it with so i will have to rely on someone from the forums.

Adhin
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Adhin » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:56 pm

I doubt it will run in linux, D2mod system, along with the short cut command lines seem to be Windows only. You can't run a txt based mod on a mac due to that. Not sure about linux though.

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:56 pm

I'm not sure about linux either, but i can tell you that both my launcher and d2mod use some winAPI funcs, which means you'll need an emu

Lionlol

Post by Lionlol » Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:44 pm

Well Adhin and I narrowed it down to something to do with the msvcrtd.dll when i removed that i could host a game and all the skill tabs worked
Last edited by Lionlol on Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:15 pm

Msvcrtd stands for microsoft visual c runtime debug, which means one or two of the dlls where compiled in debug mode(that dll shouldn't be needed anymore anyway, as all the dlls are compiled in release mode). The older version of the dll might have been overriding the vista version, which is why there where problems

Aramir

Post by Aramir » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:03 pm

Ok I tried to put msvcrtd.dll out and it looks like it work perfectly now .... so thank a lot for this...Go to play it whole night so good die....

CorniI
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by CorniI » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:10 pm

[quote=Necrolis";p="382839"]I'm not sure about linux either, but i can tell you that both my launcher and d2mod use some winAPI funcs, which means you'll need an emu[/quote]
D2 calls WinAPI-Funcs too, remember? :P
But D2 runs fine when using wine (www.winehq.com) so there should be no problem with Blackened either, as I guess the launcher (and D2Mod) are just using common WinAPI-Funcs which are already implemented (at least NefEx runs on wine fine...)
Corni
Linux is like a Wigwam - NO Windows, no Gates and Apache inside

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:59 am

D2 has special wrappers for the winAPI funcs to make it cross platfom compilable, and secondly isn't wine an emu? So then what i said still stands....

Lionlol

Post by Lionlol » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:47 pm

Msvcrtd stands for microsoft visual c runtime debug, which means one or two of the dlls where compiled in debug mode(that dll shouldn't be needed anymore anyway, as all the dlls are compiled in release mode). The older version of the dll might have been overriding the vista version, which is why there where problems
So if i run the game without that dll its not going effect any game gameplay other then giving me an error when i start the game up.

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:56 am

That error means one of the dlls was using it, and now won't work, which will cause problems, i'll need to do some testing & see if i can make quick fix for now...

Lionlol

Post by Lionlol » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:35 am

Alright that sounds good the game seems to play fine without it.
It just tells me the dll is missing on startup and that i need to reinstall to solve the problem
Last edited by Lionlol on Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Adhin
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Adhin » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:26 am

Necrolis its the blackened.dll - you never GOT me a version that didn't require that debug DLL file. You kept meaning to but ended up not getting one to me and then you got into the crazy big 'all in one'.

One thing i was thinking of (since its just the blackened.dll that requires it) is, did you do that 'host quicker' fix? where it pauses for 6 seconds or whatever anytime it does an action while your attempting to set up a host?

Either case i figure its the blackened.dll thats currently in the fix file thats causing the hosting issues.

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:57 pm

There where a few builds that didn't need it(but the Damn build options kept reverting), i just hope the code for it ain't hosed. Also it might be the mod dll, but i'm on holiday so i can do some tests

Return to “Blackened”