Char swithing error

Information and updates for the Blackened mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: Necrolis, Adhin

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Char swithing error

Post by Necrolis » Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:25 am

(i dont know if this has been brought to your attention.i did a quick check and didnt see it so...)When ever I start playing one char then save and exit and open a different char a get a error.(i forgot what it said sorry)
I have the latest fixes/patches ect. and it was definetly running on 1.10....
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

Dworek
Banned
Paladin

Re: Char swithing error

Post by Dworek » Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:40 am

Yep it has been brought up before. U can find some posts about the topic here.

And this is Adhins latest post about the topic ;)
Adhin";p="267701" wrote:As for the issue of it crashing befor loadscreen sometimes when you enter the game. I dunno what to tell you, its been happening for a very longtime and im still unsure as to why. All of the analyse progs to tell me whats wrong just come up with normal D2 related issues. I must of done something to seriusly aggitate one of em.

Im hoping its the tristram map thing and i can fix it when i get around to maps, but im not entirely sure.

Rhonlore
Champion of the Light

Post by Rhonlore » Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:40 am

That happens to me too... It's a long running error with the mod.
"I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe" - Chib, Infoceptor Forums
The 1.10 Editorial

Adhin
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Adhin » Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:55 am

Yeah, earlier discovers showed its somewhat tied with how LONG you wait between when you select the new char. For instance when im doing work and testing in game it crashes much much less, IF i remember to test - close to menu. Then i do some more work, and when i go back to test it usually wont crash. Sometimes it gets all funky and crashes constantly upon opening a new game but only for that char, and if i hit create new or pick a new one it works fine to go back and use the one i wanted.

Really hope i figure that damnable thing out :cry:
Blackened Mod: http://blackened.d2mods.com

"Evokation. Thats some kind of food, right?" - KaiKou

Def Con: kills owls dead

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:21 am

Well best of luck on figuering it out :) it ruins an exellent game :D
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

Adhin
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Adhin » Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:16 am

Well im not sure about ruins. Only one it should bug is some one who switchs characters every few minutes :P

Generally when you goto play a game you, you know...sit down and play it for awhile, not make multipul characters over and over with in the span of 10 minutes.
Blackened Mod: http://blackened.d2mods.com

"Evokation. Thats some kind of food, right?" - KaiKou

Def Con: kills owls dead

Dworek
Banned
Paladin

Re: Char swithing error

Post by Dworek » Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:56 pm

when i n skilld n00b plays we start the game and exit it only after hell is cleard (after that we restart and do it all over again :) so npz there :P
only time this may be disturbin is when u try to change some interface look or something (for learnin how stuff works) and every time u relog to see the changes u need to restart but still no biggie.
Last edited by Dworek on Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Blackened”