Open b.net question

Information and updates for the Blackened mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: Necrolis, Adhin

FrozenPoodle

Open b.net question

Post by FrozenPoodle » Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:19 pm

When I attempt to play open b.net D2 starts to install the 1.11 patch. However, from what I have read the best patch to use for the mod is 1.10. My question is this, exactly what problems would i face if i upgraded to 1.11 and if any serious problems could occur with this patch, is it possible to prevent the patch from downloading and still play on open battle net?

Thanks in advance.

Rhonlore
Champion of the Light

Post by Rhonlore » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:15 pm

There are a couple problems.

One of which is the inability to go to Act 5, it's completely impossible, your game will crash as soon as you click on the portal.

The second problem, though less severe, is that the Wraiths from the Necro's summon tree do not work properly.

Edit: Grammar sucks.
Last edited by Rhonlore on Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe" - Chib, Infoceptor Forums
The 1.10 Editorial

Dworek
Banned
Paladin

Re: Open b.net question

Post by Dworek » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:02 pm

to play online u can use tcp/ip games instead..

FrozenPoodle

Post by FrozenPoodle » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:45 am

Well, I do thourghly appriciate the quick replies

Adhin
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Adhin » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:35 am

Yeah pretty much what them 2 said, if you want to play online your mostly stuck with TCP/IP. But to be perfectly fair, even if you could connect to open b.net with the mod chance of you finding aaanyone running the mod, or any mod for that matter, is pretty stinkin slim.

Now if you got a few friends on open that you wanted to tell them about the mod to try and get some MP going, i would suggest making a backup folder in your D2 folder. Make a copy of ALL of the dll files, Diablo 2.exe, Game.exe, and D2_patch.mpq. Thats about everything that gets "updated" when you patch.

Basically what this means is, once your packed up that stuff you can go ahead and patch to 1.11. hit up bnet for whatever reasons you have in un-modded D2. Then copy and paste your backup files into your Diablo 2 folder and it'll revert it back to 1.10 for you.
Blackened Mod: http://blackened.d2mods.com

"Evokation. Thats some kind of food, right?" - KaiKou

Def Con: kills owls dead

Dworek
Banned
Paladin

Re: Open b.net question

Post by Dworek » Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:56 pm

or install daiblo 2 times ;) u can do this easy in XP by first installing it under ur own folder when under an admin account that got a password.
then u log out and log in on the guest account without a password.. it wont find d2 since it was personal for the other account so u can install d2 again. :) this time save it under c:\program files\ or any part of the disk that isnt personal.

now u can apply 2 different versions of d2 and therefor have no problem playin mods.. and if u are logged on to the admin account of u cpu u dont have to log in as another user, all u need is 2 different shortcuts on teh desktop..

ofcuz it req som xtra free space on ur harddriver but this is how i currently run d2 and its workin gr8 :P

Return to “Blackened”