Object -580

Post here for all aspects of map making and level design. Click here to visit the Keep's official map site, Diabolic Cartography.

Moderator: Paul Siramy

jerk-o
United States of America

Object -580

Post by jerk-o » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:14 pm

Earlier this year, I came across the strategy of doing Lower Kurast runs to try to get some of the higher runes in the game. One of the screenshots I saw had all of the map object numbers showing in the object name, and the chest objects that people were looking for was object -580. I started wondering what the object does so I added it to lots of the jungle and kurast to try to notice any patterns. I think what it does is choose a random number based on the "Picks" column in TCEx.txt and keep dropping items from the appropriate chest line for the level until it's dropped the random number of magical items. I'm not sure how often it decided to drop rares instead of magic items, but it deems to be a lower percentage. An interesting thing about this is that the "max 6 items dropped" thing does not apply here, so if you set the max number of chest drops to 20 and use this object, it could some times try to drop 15 or more magical items.

If anybody else wants to do some more testing, I've uploaded my act 3 tiles with the super chests for people to use:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xaq5lhwnis207 ... t.zip?dl=0
(\ /) This is Bunny.
(o.o) Copy Bunny into your signature to help
(><) him on his way to world domination

Return to “Map Editing”