[solved]trying to spawn new SU's

Post here for all aspects of map making and level design. Click here to visit the Keep's official map site, Diabolic Cartography.

Moderator: Paul Siramy

Aught
Champion of the Light
Russia

[solved]trying to spawn new SU's

Post by Aught » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:43 pm

hej

I'm wondering why i always get another monster adding my superuniques if there are new monsters. F.E. i create a new monster, spawn him to see it wirks, all is ok, then i make him SU and place him somewhere in Act4 f.e. and in the game instead him i have Sandraider :mrgreen: no matter what type of monster he is. Same thing sometimes happens and with default monsters but it's pretty random -__- I edited levels.txt to spawn those monsters as normal, so normal spawns but SU's never. Any ideas? :oops:
Last edited by Aught on Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Re: trying to spawn new SU's

Post by kingpin » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:12 pm

you need to add your new super unique into monpreset.txt and add it to correct row in configuration file in winds1 editor also.

Worth a note is that in monpreset.txt each act need to have equal number of entries. Just fill other acts with dummy lines if you adding a new one to another act.

Aught
Champion of the Light
Russia

Post by Aught » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:26 pm

I already added him to monpreset.txt and I have equal number of entries of all acts. But what did you mean under "add it to correct row in configuration file in winds1 editor"? O_o I just added him in obj.txt and use ds1editor to set him in needed place.
Also i have another problem with this, i can't come in needed area due to my new waypoints are not activated by default. And it's a very big problem because some my new areas are on 20+ lvl dungeons. I just can't test them, lol. I use waypoint plugin for d2mod system but i'm pwned by him because i use KeyItem or ItemReq columns to activate waypoint and it doesn't work, hehe. But AFAIK i can't ask about this due to ToS. Maybe is there another way to test dungeon areas without wasting tons of time just that to fly them?

EDIT: oh, nevermind about wp's, I found a way. Though i still can't use those KeyItem columns :mrgreen:

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:22 am

You can change the waypointID to level you want to test. that's easy way to test new levels that normally lack a waypoint.

What I do is basically use first waypointID that you know you always have active. Then, just use this ID for your test level.

Aught
Champion of the Light
Russia

Post by Aught » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:05 am

Thanks, nice way :P
Also i think i understand what did you mean! Appreciate it very much :twisted: :D

Return to “Map Editing”