Increasing DS1 chances in certain outdoor areas?

Post here for all aspects of map making and level design. Click here to visit the Keep's official map site, Diabolic Cartography.

Moderator: Paul Siramy

Sir Xavius
Paladin
United States of America

Increasing DS1 chances in certain outdoor areas?

Post by Sir Xavius » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:48 pm

One of my longtime wishes was to really populate the Tamoe Highland area with many more cottages, the idea being that a small village grew up outside of the Monastery Cathedral. I don't need to add more cottage DS1s (altho i have), but i do know that the randomness of which Act1 DS1s are called for more or less often than others is found in one of the .txt files.

I can build maps and tiles, so i'm not averse to that...

Does anyone know how i can increase the likelihood that a cottage DS1 can be made to be called more often in a subAct? I read the File Guide on LvlSub.txt, but it doesn't address the problem of adding SubThemes...

IOW, what do i need to do to get this idea off the ground... (A link is fine if someone already covered this.)

Paul Siramy
Retired staff
Principality
France

Hand-picked

Re: Increasing DS1 chances in certain outdoor areas?

Post by Paul Siramy » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:00 pm

I'm not sure it'll be usefull, but in any case :

about increasing random groups of tiles (columns ProbX, TrialsX and MaxX)

about lvlSub.txt (Levels.txt.SubType <---> LvlSub.txt.SubID [this is a dummy column, created by user])

Sir Xavius
Paladin
United States of America

Re: Increasing DS1 chances in certain outdoor areas?

Post by Sir Xavius » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:00 pm

Thanks, Paul. I had the answers all along, and i remember trying it out one time. But it involves adding Themes, since you have to define Probsn for dt1s.

In lieu of a tutorial, is it possible to ADD or INSERT lines in LvlPrest.txt and LvlSub.txt? If so, i can make the Tamoe Highland appear with a lot of cottages...

Return to “Map Editing”