Map Editing Errors - A starting place

Post here for all aspects of map making and level design. Click here to visit the Keep's official map site, Diabolic Cartography.

Moderator: Paul Siramy

krakenn
United States of America

Re: Map Editing Errors - A starting place

Post by krakenn » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:34 am

I am getting this error everytime I go into the game/map (its act1 town im trying to edit)

Halt
Expression : unrecoverable internal error 6fdb9400

I'm trying to add a warp to a new preset level from the rogue encampment. So far I have only added in a vis3 tile to the map, along with editing levels.txt to match up the warp and vis columns.

Pascoe

Post by Pascoe » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:51 am

Line #47
Unrecoverable internal err:
6fdb66e6
Sup. just lookin for a little help with this error.
I think this error is from mapping act 2 i copy past castle and moved jerhyn so that he would be closer to tp location could that be the problem; it did copy specal tiles ? idk it all works in till i go by jerhyn i also edited a lot of other tile maybe to much idk i am new i dont know what to do but it does run and looks good. kool ty all 4 the tools to do so. JMP.

Pascoe

Post by Pascoe » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:44 pm

oops in last post its Line:46
Peace :oops: Well i started over but i left act 2 castle where it was and it all seems to work great now but one thing i dont quite get. Going into Dryhills from town i know its not realy needed but why not? First thing i tryied to do was push the lutN map so it would just read one map not lutW and then i looked at west map and found the gate and put it in the same spot as in the lutW map and saved my map.
next i renamed it to lutw and set lvlpreset.txt back to both lutW & lutN and the game works but i still cant enter Dryhills through town could i be missing a specal tile like enter town or somthing ? well i hope someone might know what to do thanks JMP.
Well i got this sorted out also just by playing around, it was quite ez. for some reason the game was mixing up the map files in the game north was west and west was north so i just renamed them from lutN to lutW and problem solved so ez
noobs got to start somewhere i guess lol. JMP. Peace out

Okapi
Paladin

Post by Okapi » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:44 pm

Had a working red portal which could be opened in Act 1 and led to an uberlevel (Preset)(replaced level 13, Cave level 2). Instead of using cave level 2 for the uberlevel I decided to add a new level which led towards many errors (tried with replacing the .dll files - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=56507, but received Unhandled Exception Access Violation (c0000005) errors).

(Modding 1.13C)

At this moment the error I am receiving when I want to open the portal is:

Code: Select all

Halt
Expression : Unrecoverable internal error 038b65d3
LvlPreset:

Def 1092
Levelid 137
Populate 1
Killedge 1
FillBlanks 1
Scan 1
Files 1
Levels:

ID 137
DrlgType 2
Anyone happen to know what I need to do to make this work?

Thanks,

~Okapi

HarvestWombs
Senior Moderator
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by HarvestWombs » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:53 am

This may seem like a dumb question: But, do you have the Extended Levels plugin installed?
Official Phrozen Keep Discord
Common Modding tools: link
My Resource Packs: link

Okapi
Paladin

Post by Okapi » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:35 pm

If by the plugin you meant - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=56507 - then no, it gives me unhandled exceptions errors. Seached in the file center and found level plugins for 1.10 and 1.11b but not for 1.13c.

kidpaddle94
Forum Legend
Principality
Canada

Post by kidpaddle94 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:37 am

No wonder why you're crashing then, you need extended levels to add new levels. As for the plugin you linked to, it worked just fine for me back when I used it, so the error likely is on your side (probably didn't set the new level properly)

Later in this topic, Necrolis also uploaded a template plugin to test if the plugin works correctly, so try it out and see if it works for you:
viewtopic.php?p=470826#p470826

Okapi
Paladin

Post by Okapi » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:26 pm

I can't try anything because if I replace my .dll files with the ones from Necrolis the game won't start due to unhandled exception errors (thus not when going towards my new level(s), wasn't very clear on this).

Nacnud

Post by Nacnud » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:50 am

I just installed Xenast's Act 1 town plugin and everything seem to be working great till i started looking for Kashya to get a rogue from her. She is missing from the game. All the other Npcs are in the town. Anyone know how I can put her back.lol

Return to “Map Editing”