GUI Loader for Paul's ds1edit

Post here for all aspects of map making and level design. Click here to visit the Keep's official map site, Diabolic Cartography.

Moderator: Paul Siramy

Dreu

Re: GUI Loader for Paul's ds1edit

Post by Dreu » Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:28 pm

alright I'm not sure whether this is a bug or I just missed something.

But when I try and "File->Run" a .ds1 , I get a black box ( which does absolutely nothing. No text in this box either. )

I've followed the readme's at setting this up countless countless times, ultimately going so far as to completely delete it, reinstall, and follow the instructions again and again. Still the same thing.

( Btw , in case this matter , the .ds1 I'm trying to run is a custom level that I created. I have already followed the steps in configuring the loader to handle this .ds1. )

DarthDevilous

Post by DarthDevilous » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:37 pm

Is there any text in the output pane? (Enable View->Output IIRC)
Regret Nothing - Learn Everything
ds1edit Loader - News & Feedback thread | Get Firefox!

Surtur
Paladin

Post by Surtur » Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:56 am

Hey there, sorry for the stupid question but I got that "output" when trying to start a new map.

ds1edit Loader: starting editor using program
E:/D2edit/win_ds1edit/win_ds1edit.exe
and arguments
"E:/Programme/Diablo II/data/global/tiles/expansion/town/wuestedesvergessens.ds1" "16" "1092"
Starting from directory: E:/D2edit/win_ds1edit

End of Standard Output.
--------------------------------------------------
From stderr.txt:

Error: failed to open E:/D2edit/win_ds1edit/stderr.txt for reading

the strange thing is: I can't even find a stderr.txt Oo

Edit:Never mind, it works ;)
Last edited by Surtur on Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CorniI
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by CorniI » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:19 pm

Hi,
it's a _very_ nice tool, thanks!, But there are 2 bugs i came across ;) All WinXP SP2:
when you doubleclick on a map, a new ds1editloader starts, both with the mapxy.ds1 couldn't found from windows (maybe the path is not in "?)
and 2nd:
when you load multiple maps once and there are 2 or more mapnames with more then one maplist.txt entry (eG ruin1.ds1), the choose map-window of every map which needs it will stay on the screen, even if you've clicked OK, till you've chosen for all maps a suitable entry. Just reproduce it, it's easier to understand ;) Just load all maps in Data\Global\tiles\ACT2\Ruin into ds1_loader ;) (at once)
Corni
Linux is like a Wigwam - NO Windows, no Gates and Apache inside

DarthDevilous

Post by DarthDevilous » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:38 pm

New version out. Fixes at least one of Aggroconi's bugs. There still a problem with drag and drop because explorer hangs while the drag&drop is processed.

mcmeat

Post by mcmeat » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:08 pm

When using the front end, I try to register the extension. however I get the error message every time I try: "failed to register .ds1 extension." In your tutorial you said hopefully this works... what happens if it does'nt? By the way im running on windows vista. Could that be the cause of complications?

DarthDevilous

Post by DarthDevilous » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:05 pm

Registering the extension functions by modifieing entries in the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT part of the registry. I have looked around a bit and this is exactly the way many other popular apps do it, so I don't really know what is causing your problem, Sorry.

In the mean time: New version! No change for people already using it, the difference is only when you're installing it the first time: it pops up a dialog at the beginning with the minimum settings to get you going (location of winds1edit and whether you want to register the .ds1 extension).

EDIT: volf tested it with Vista, apparently it works fine for him...
Last edited by DarthDevilous on Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Monty Burns

Post by Monty Burns » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:15 am

When I click Options -> Configure Editor this error pops up, Unable to open Ds1edit.ini for Reading. Can't figure it out.

Edit: and where do I download the .ds1 files?
Last edited by Monty Burns on Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:53 am

did you set up the front end correctly so that i knows where you have win_ds1 installed? ds1 files are found in the mpqs, but you can download new ones from diabolic cartography
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

Monty Burns

Post by Monty Burns » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:23 am

How exactly would I go about doing this? if it's in the Read me then I just don't understand it clearly enough.
Necrolis";p="409903" wrote:did you set up the front end correctly so that i knows where you have win_ds1 installed? ds1 files are found in the mpqs, but you can download new ones from diabolic cartography

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:35 am

edit the loaders ini file...(and this is in the readme, it tells you to put this with the editor)
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

Monty Burns

Post by Monty Burns » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:54 am

What do I edit in the loaders.ini?

xanaro

Post by xanaro » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:15 pm

Just finished reading over:
viewtopic.php?f=81&t=27349

I am looking at automap.txt

I understand the lvlname & tilename columns
I also understand that the type column is just to make a note, and that the Cel column points out the exact frame used from MaxiMap.dc6

I want to add and edit entries in the automap.txt for their corresponding tiles in the "data\global\tiles\Act\Area\filename.ds1" files.

the part I dont get about automap.txt is the style(MainIndex) and Sequence(SubIndex) these should correspond with certain tiles in the .ds1 files right?

so when I click onto a tile when I have a ds1 file open in win_ds1edit how do I determine a tiles main and subindex...
thats what I need to know in order to change the automap for that perticular tile right?

EDIT: I FOUND THE SUBINDEX!!! YAY! In Ds1Edit you just have to zoom in far enough with the mousewheel, and they all say it right there.. now I just need to figure out the main index.

Paul Siramy
Retired staff
Principality
France

Hand-picked

Post by Paul Siramy » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:12 am

bug ?

I have to installed and try the Gui Loader on my computer today. It works well, except that I can't create any .BAT file. I can "File / Add..." 2 DS1 files, and the "Run" command works as expected (I have the 2 files in the ds1 editor). But the BAT creation do nothing. Adding manually a .bat extension don't make it work either : no BAT file is created, no matter what :-|

In case it matters, I'm trying it under Windows 7 (64 bits).

Except for that, all seems to works great.

Edit : ho, btw, if you ever have the chance to update the tool : since I have updated the ds1 editor, you can now use all options in the command line, be it a .ds1 or a ini file. No restrictions anymore. So... and assuming the user is using this last version of the ds1 editor... you can stop to desactivate some options when at least 2 files are about to be launched ;)

Note : if you ever need to check what version the editor is installed, each time it is launched it creates the file "data/version". The current version that allows all options in command line contains the string : Build Date = Oct 30 2011

beerforever

Post by beerforever » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:03 pm

i'm sorry that all the download links are disabled for ver2.2.does anyone give a help?

Paul Siramy
Retired staff
Principality
France

Hand-picked

Post by Paul Siramy » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:13 pm

I just updated the 1st post with 2 links on my website for backups.

Return to “Map Editing”