Dragon Claw to release on both hits

This forum is for discussions on how to edit what can not be edited through the txt files, needless to say this isn't about battle net hacking.

Moderators: Nefarius, Havvoric

zjat
Champion of the Light
United States of America

Dragon Claw to release on both hits

Post by zjat » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:26 pm

Dragon Claw has in game text claiming that it should trigger martial arts charges on both claw attacks, but only releases on the first claw attack.
I have searched all over the Keep to see if anyone has ever modded a fix for this and so far have come up empty.

If anyone has knowledge on the offsets relating to martial arts and finishers, it would be greatly appreciated.

Devangell
Belgium

Re: Dragon Claw to release on both hits

Post by Devangell » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:22 pm

Hi

Dragon Claw CHARGES your martial art skills with both attacks, it doesn't release the skill with each attack.
So basically, it would only need two hits to have 3 charges of your martial art skill, instead of 3 hits with a regular attack.

Scrangos
Puerto Rico

Post by Scrangos » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:31 pm

zjat wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:26 pm
Dragon Claw has in game text claiming that it should trigger martial arts charges on both claw attacks, but only releases on the first claw attack.
I have searched all over the Keep to see if anyone has ever modded a fix for this and so far have come up empty.

If anyone has knowledge on the offsets relating to martial arts and finishers, it would be greatly appreciated.
I dont know what the guy above me is on but im interested in it.

Dragonclaw does release charges on both attacks, but if the first hits, you already released your charges so you have no more to release. However, if the first swing misses, the second one can still release the charges. It doesnt double payoff the charges sadly.

zjat
Champion of the Light
United States of America

Post by zjat » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:31 am

Scrangos wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:31 pm
It doesnt double payoff the charges sadly.
Interpretation of the descript aside, I'm still wanting to make it work this way if I can find some offsets to play with.

Scrangos
Puerto Rico

Post by Scrangos » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:55 am

zjat wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:31 am
Interpretation of the descript aside, I'm still wanting to make it work this way if I can find some offsets to play with.
On the latest season of path of diablo they have something that works this way in a sense. But its that the charge skills dont get consumed, so every hit does release the charges, but they dont get consumed at all so as long as the duration lasts you can keep using any melee attack to keep releasing them. From my understanding of the skills, dclaw isnt multiplicative though (i could be wrong though, apparently in vanilla dragon flight is multiplicative), so its better to keep just using the chargeup skills to release them. Not sure if that helps you.

Gobo

Post by Gobo » Fri May 14, 2021 7:16 am

//D2Game.6FCF77E0
void __fastcall SKILLASS_ReleaseProgressiveCharges(D2GameStrc* pGame, D2UnitStrc* pUnit, D2DamageStrc* pDamage, short nSkill);
//D2Game.6FCF8BA0
BOOL __fastcall SKILLASS_DragonClaw(D2GameStrc* pGame, D2UnitStrc* pUnit, short nSkill, int nLevel);

zjat
Champion of the Light
United States of America

Post by zjat » Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:50 am

Gobo wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 7:16 am
//D2Game.6FCF77E0
void __fastcall SKILLASS_ReleaseProgressiveCharges(D2GameStrc* pGame, D2UnitStrc* pUnit, D2DamageStrc* pDamage, short nSkill);
//D2Game.6FCF8BA0
BOOL __fastcall SKILLASS_DragonClaw(D2GameStrc* pGame, D2UnitStrc* pUnit, short nSkill, int nLevel);
I'm unsure how to find/validate these locations. I'm not used to these kind of refs, but also do not see these so I must be doing something wrong trying to look at runtime.

Return to “Code Editing”