[All Versions] D2 Function Lists

This forum is for discussions on how to edit what can not be edited through the txt files, needless to say this isn't about battle net hacking.

Moderators: Nefarius, Havvoric

JDS
Paladin

Re: [All versions] D2 Functionlist

Post by JDS » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:01 pm

Note that for D2Common our wiki has almost the same information with some updates at http://phrozen-library.wikia.com/wiki/Category:D2Common
(11292 is added for 1.10, the links are all updated to hugelaser rather than it-point, etc).
I'm sure the other dlls will follow soon.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:28 pm

I cleaned up in the stickies abit today, as we now have the wiki site it didn't feel very single version should have an own sticky thread.

I didn't notice the 1.10 thread still used one of old servers.

JDS
Paladin

Post by JDS » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:31 pm

I think it's much better now :) My hope is that at some point we can remove more of these stickies in favor of our wiki.

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:52 pm

JDS" wrote:Note that for D2Common our wiki has almost the same information with some updates at http://phrozen-library.wikia.com/wiki/Category:D2Common
(11292 is added for 1.10, the links are all updated to hugelaser rather than it-point, etc).
don't use hugelaser, this is the same mistake everyone makes, if you are going to make a post thats link heavy to other forum posts, use the d2mods.com domain (TBH d2mods.com should have the DNS records setup so that the hugelaser domain is never exposed, though that might be a requirement of hugelaser...). as it stands currently, the 1.10 list in the first post isn't synced with all the newer contributions anyway.

On a separate but related note: you should link back to where to data came from if it was harvested from a forum post, not only for attribution, but because the discussion may be just as valuable as the function details (such as when bugs are found, or special case exist, usage examples etc).
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

JDS
Paladin

Post by JDS » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:46 pm

Necrolis" wrote:
JDS" wrote:Note that for D2Common our wiki has almost the same information with some updates at http://phrozen-library.wikia.com/wiki/Category:D2Common
don't use hugelaser, this is the same mistake everyone makes, if you are going to make a post thats link heavy to other forum posts, use the d2mods.com domain
I'll keep that in mind and maybe fix the links when I think about it next time.
Necrolis" wrote:On a separate but related note: you should link back to where to data came from if it was harvested from a forum post, not only for attribution, but because the discussion may be just as valuable as the function details (such as when bugs are found, or special case exist, usage examples etc).
I see now that attribution is very valuable to many people in this community and I'll try to add references to the posts where the stuff came from. For bug finds etc, I'm hoping for the people to update the wiki...

Return to “Code Editing”