Impossible?

This forum is for discussions on how to edit what can not be edited through the txt files, needless to say this isn't about battle net hacking.

Moderators: Nefarius, Havvoric

100%

Total votes: 1

Perfect Cell
Hosted Forum Moderator
Angel
Canada

Impossible?

Post by Perfect Cell » Tue May 28, 2002 1:30 am

I'm pretty fresh in terms of any kinds of .dll editing, so in the tradition of newbies, I'll throw you more a ridiculous amount of questions (okay, that's a stereotype :oops:)

1. Is it possible to change these from absorb instead of resists? They seem pretty useless no matter what you do with them, and this would give them a significant boost.
2. Another aura that'd be nice to change is the Blessed Aim. Can it get some kind of damage boost/crit strike bonus? This is one of those "I need it as pre-req" skills.
3. Can anything that can be done to save the Holy Bolt skill? It's nice for healing, but that seems to be about it.
4. The skills activated by Assassin MA skills - can they be changed?
5. Attract - can it have some kind of effect added (maybe similar to Inner Sight)?
6. Weaken - better weakening w/ invested skill points?
7. Minions - is the bug with 1-hit kills in high player games fixable?
8. Whirlwind - having it move slower, regardless of character fast run/walk items? :(
9. Masteries - increasing damage/attack bonus on pole-arm/spear mastery?
10. Chilling Armor - changing it from Ice Bolt to Ice Blast/Spike?
11. Summon Grizzly - give it health/defense w/o investing in wolves :(
12. Fire Claws - % fire damage instead of straight addition?
13. Perfect Cell - can I be made perfect? I keep getting bug reports :p

Sorry if this is a bombardment of q's...but I'm looking into the prospect of playing around with these (after reading some tut's, of course ;))
later

Apocalypse Demon
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Hand-picked

Post by Apocalypse Demon » Tue May 28, 2002 2:00 am

"1. Is it possible to change these from absorb instead of resists? They seem pretty useless no matter what you do with them, and this would give them a significant boost."

Yeah, FoxBat made a thread on this in the other forum. It isn't too hard, you can check out the thread or I'll post how to do it later.

"2. Another aura that'd be nice to change is the Blessed Aim. Can it get some kind of damage boost/crit strike bonus? This is one of those "I need it as pre-req" skills."

That may be a bit too difficult. However, a better idea is to just completely replace the skill entirely with another skill that has been made into an aura(like Static field aura, or Battle orders aura) which is fairly basic hex editing.

"3. Can anything that can be done to save the Holy Bolt skill? It's nice for healing, but that seems to be about it."

Just make it heal more. ;) What specifically do you want to do with this skill?

"4. The skills activated by Assassin MA skills - can they be changed?"

That's what I'm wondering, not sure. You can change the missiles however in missiles.txt.

"5. Attract - can it have some kind of effect added (maybe similar to Inner Sight)?"

Not sure on this one.

"6. Weaken - better weakening w/ invested skill points?"

Isn't there a parameter in skills.txt for this?

"7. Minions - is the bug with 1-hit kills in high player games fixable?"

What is this bug? One hit kill made by the minions, or the player one hit killing the minions?

"8. Whirlwind - having it move slower, regardless of character fast run/walk items?"

Can't be done yet(not that I know of).

"9. Masteries - increasing damage/attack bonus on pole-arm/spear mastery?"

Masteries are different than normal skills...I'm not sure how they work or their location(I do recall where the critical hit checks were somewhere).

"10. Chilling Armor - changing it from Ice Bolt to Ice Blast/Spike?"

This should be relatively easy. Go to my offsets thread, and look for the chilling armor offsets(if you're using 1.09d, then you'll need to search for it yourself). Then, you may need to look through the skill code for when it sets what missile will be fired.

"11. Summon Grizzly - give it health/defense w/o investing in wolves"

Not able to do yet...

"12. Fire Claws - % fire damage instead of straight addition?"

Not sure how to do it either...assembly skills is required, but basically, you need to find the location of FireClaws in the .dlls(that's already discovered), and find where it sets the fire damage. However, I do not know how to make it do fire damage based on the player's original fire damage.

Perfect Cell
Hosted Forum Moderator
Angel
Canada

w00t!

Post by Perfect Cell » Tue May 28, 2002 5:46 am

Thanks Apoc, I'll check out the threads on the old forums for the auras, and look into some other stuff later (when I learn what I'm doing :roll:)
later

Apocalypse Demon
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Hand-picked

Post by Apocalypse Demon » Tue May 28, 2002 6:02 am

Here is the link of the thread to save you some time:

https://d2mods.info/ubb/Forum33/HTML/000431.html

All it takes is one little line change, so it's very easy. :)

Joel
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Joel » Tue May 28, 2002 7:29 am

Yep it's easy ... I got Giant Strength and Aura of Luck with this one ...

But do someone found how to resolve the client display pb. I mean if you change resist to strength for ex. the resist bonus still show up and not the str one ( but it works cos i could use armor i can't before)

So ? what to do the aura has no client function ...
"How much suffering, mortal, does it take before you lose your grace?"
Shadow Empire (coming soon) | forum

Perfect Cell
Hosted Forum Moderator
Angel
Canada

Hrm

Post by Perfect Cell » Tue May 28, 2002 7:37 am

Since all I have is XVI32, is there any other program I can download to see the assembly and know what offsets I should be changing?
later

Joel
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Joel » Tue May 28, 2002 7:44 am

:: hire a bucn of negro spiritual chorus ::

(on the theme of GO Down Moses)

hmmm dowload
ollyDbg
that is the best asm/desasm
prog we know ..
and it's free ...
"How much suffering, mortal, does it take before you lose your grace?"
Shadow Empire (coming soon) | forum

Perfect Cell
Hosted Forum Moderator
Angel
Canada

Also...

Post by Perfect Cell » Tue May 28, 2002 7:56 am

What happened to the hex tutorials on the old forums? I only see part four on there :cry:
later

Apocalypse Demon
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Hand-picked

Post by Apocalypse Demon » Tue May 28, 2002 12:50 pm

There is a feature that allows you to see posts from a longer time ago. Use that in the other forum to see the tutorials. Also, I suggest getting Ollydbg and w32dasm for this...

FoxBat
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by FoxBat » Tue May 28, 2002 1:25 pm

3. Simple way to make holy bolt better, increase the magic damage ;) Also what I did was to better distribute undead monsters so there are more of them in act 5. You can change monsters to undead with the appropriate columns.

7. Yeah, don't give them so much health ;)
If you mean some golem + oak sage bug, I'm not so sure that one is a simple case of overflow.

8. Whirlwind is unaffected by walk/run speed, *unless* you have been frozen/slowed, then the effect kicks in, and for the duration of that whirl if the chill/slow wears off you will kick up to the enhanced walk/run speed.

12. Boy would that be nice :-|

The old tutorials were called "some intro to dll files", a search on "intro dll" should turn all of them up. He expects you to have some idea about assembly though. Sir_General made an excellent tutorial on hex editing and basic assembly that you might want to check out.

Perfect Cell
Hosted Forum Moderator
Angel
Canada

excellent

Post by Perfect Cell » Tue May 28, 2002 2:02 pm

Found some of those old posts (Jarluf's and Sir General's) and have spent a bit of time reading them over. Only for mod-making D2 would I even consider reading up on this stuff before taking an ASM course :p
later

FoxBat
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by FoxBat » Wed May 29, 2002 5:22 pm

I had an idea for getting weakness to have additional damage lowering per level.

Life tap has parameters for additional life drain per level. Well maybe you could take this function, and change it to be weakness. Look in states.txt, find the value for life tap, convert it to hex, then replace it in the lifetap function with the value for weaken, and it might work...

Return to “Code Editing”