New to modding, looking for a 1.11 rwm for my mac

This forum is dedicated to platform-specific issues, discussions and tools relating to D2 modding for the Mac.

Moderator: Contrail

someoneNew

New to modding, looking for a 1.11 rwm for my mac

Post by someoneNew » Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:34 am

Hi,
I started up LOD again after a 1.5 year absence and noticed that there was a new patch. Those new runewords are just the thing to make me interested in LOD for another year or so, but they are ladder only.
Then I find that PC's can copy the rune.txt to a certain directory and get the runewords in SP, which is all I play exclusively.

Well, unfortunately know one knew how to do it on the d2 forums and I was urged to take my search here.

I haven't found the answer yet, am hoping there is one, but if anyone here can help me it'd by much appreciated.

I'm basically running 1.10 LOD on the latest OS X (10.3.3 I think).
Im a bit skilled in and around Terminal so I hope to be able to do what is needed.

So after all that I guess my question is:
How do I install the 1.11 RWM onto my Mac?

Thanks!

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Re: New to modding, looking for a 1.11 rwm for my mac

Post by Myhrginoc » Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:28 am

You need Souricette's modding tool. That program will allow you to bring modded txt files into the mac version of the game. If you are running v1.11, this might be a problem, I don't think Souricette has announced a bugfix yet.
Last edited by Myhrginoc on Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

someoneNew

Re: Macintosh modding - a simple example

Post by someoneNew » Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:56 pm

Hi,
I'm looking to simply add the ladder runewords for single player - not interested in any of the other mods at the moment.

I've downloaded your tool, and looked at it a bit but couldn't find the settings/instructions for adding the ladder runewords.

Is it possible to do this with your tool using a mac?
Can I do it with the 1.11 runewords also?

My config is; 10.4.2/1.10 D2 Carbon

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Re: New to modding, looking for a 1.11 rwm for my mac

Post by Myhrginoc » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:45 am

Souricette's instructions are for using the tool, not applying particular mods. You might read posts in General Mod Making to learn how to make specific changes, and/or use the search selection in our navbar at left to narrow in on topics. For ladder runewords, I believe most of them can be enabled by removing the 1 in the Server column of Runes.txt. (Editing txt files is a major part of the Beginner's Guide to Mod Making, which is an intro on making specific changes. See my sig for links.) Realm-only runewords are another story, at least some of them have to be added from "recipes" found by our enterprising members.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Return to “Mac Modding”