MPQ Tool .txt -> .bin 1.11

This forum is dedicated to platform-specific issues, discussions and tools relating to D2 modding for the Mac.

Moderator: Contrail

BodadeM

MPQ Tool .txt -> .bin 1.11

Post by BodadeM » Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:12 am

Is the 1.10 .txt -> .bin compatible with 1.11, too? 'Cause I know that the 1.09 isn't compatible with the 1.10..

Souricette
Retired staff
Paladin

Hand-picked

Re: MPQ Tool .txt -> .bin 1.11

Post by Souricette » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:11 pm

I plan to release a 1.11-compatible "Diablo II MPQ Tool" when I'll be back from my vacations, ie the first week of september.

But don't yell too much : it will just be a maintenance version, I don't plan to start working on it again! I will only do what is needed for the 1.11 compatibility...

Souricette

Sir Xavius
Paladin
United States of America

Post by Sir Xavius » Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:58 pm

Hey Souricette. Long time no hear-from. :)

While you're at it, can you at least fix the .tbl indexing bug? The keys and/or strings screw up when adding keys to the .tbl. If you can do this we can actually CREATE new items, Sets, Uniques, etc...

Skyknight

Post by Skyknight » Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:11 am

:D Bah, I'll be pleased just to be able to enable all the runewords and use my adjusted levels.txt (you'd think Blizzard would have taken more care with the Act V monster allocation...).

Souricette
Retired staff
Paladin

Hand-picked

Post by Souricette » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:59 am

Diablo II MPQ Tool version 1.1 has been released:
http://mpqtool.coucou.net

It's 1.11-compatible (I assume the Saved Game format is the same, I did not change anything there - I "only" added the 1.11 menu items in the "Diablo II" menu!)

I'll have a look at the TBL problem, but I will have to re-immerse myself in it, because I totally forgot what I did and how it works... So if I fail to see what's wrong quickly... It will probably not be fixed.

Souricette

Incompetent
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Incompetent » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:05 pm

[quote=Souricette";p="240339"]Diablo II MPQ Tool version 1.1 has been released:

It's 1.11-compatible (I assume the Saved Game format is the same, I did not change anything there - I "only" added the 1.11 menu items in the "Diablo II" menu!)

I'll have a look at the TBL problem, but I will have to re-immerse myself in it, because I totally forgot what I did and how it works... So if I fail to see what's wrong quickly... It will probably not be fixed.

Souricette[/quote]

I downloaded v1.1, made a few changes to skills.txt (removing prereqs, changing which character owns what skill), went through the usual process and found the game crashed when loading a character. Oh well, I'll just stick to 1.10 for the moment. I wouldn't be able to do any modding at all though without your MPQ tool - thanks Souricette!

Skyknight

Post by Skyknight » Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:33 pm

What about when making an entirely new character?

Souricette
Retired staff
Paladin

Hand-picked

Post by Souricette » Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:01 am

[quote=Incompetent";p="240407"][quote=Souricette";p="240339"]Diablo II MPQ Tool version 1.1 has been released:

Souricette[/quote]

I downloaded v1.1, made a few changes to skills.txt (removing prereqs, changing which character owns what skill), went through the usual process and found the game crashed when loading a character. Oh well, I'll just stick to 1.10 for the moment. I wouldn't be able to do any modding at all though without your MPQ tool - thanks Souricette![/quote]

Grmpf...
You started from 1.11 skills.txt file, didn't you? I would like to listen that you modified 1.10 skills.txt file and not the 1.11 one... :)

Well.. To be sincere, I didn't check anything, I "only" found the respective Patch offsets and the .bin format using my old documents and tools, I was hoping that it would work as-is...

Souricette

Return to “Mac Modding”