I need help please

This forum is dedicated to platform-specific issues, discussions and tools relating to D2 modding for the Mac.

Moderator: Contrail

No votes

Total votes: 0

Bled4you

I need help please

Post by Bled4you » Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:55 pm

OK im no stranger to mods but ive always wanted to make one so i read the sticky post "a simple example an i tried it. i edited the .txt files but when i try to put them back in the archive it says "errorr 183 file exists." so then i tried deleting the .txt files completely but it still says the files exist can some one help me out........images/smiles/icon_question.gifhttps:// ... ruebel.gif

BTW if anyone knows where a good mac item editor is id like to know....

Souricette
Retired staff
Paladin

Hand-picked

Re: I need help please

Post by Souricette » Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:38 am

Bled4you";p="164352" wrote:OK im no stranger to mods but ive always wanted to make one so i read the sticky post "a simple example an i tried it. i edited the .txt files but when i try to put them back in the archive it says "errorr 183 file exists." so then i tried deleting the .txt files completely but it still says the files exist can some one help me out...

BTW if anyone knows where a good mac item editor is id like to know....
Please go in the Preferences of the "Diablo II MPQ Tool" application, and set the preferences to "Replace without asking", or whatever it's named...
But it's strange that you still have that error after you deleted the files from the archive! I'll check that.

Concerning Item Editor, there are none that I know for 1.10 yet. But dig in that forum, and you will find another developer working on that: the thread is named "Alkor 0.6 character editor available".

Souricette

Bled4you

Post by Bled4you » Sat Apr 03, 2004 1:36 am

one more thing....I have a big problem with battle.net. I cant create game cause if i try it'll say "PLEASE WAIT" for about 2 min. and then it tells me failed to join game WHEN I CREATED THE GAME!! suddenly my created game shows up in the join game server list. i can occasionally join games but when i do it will disconnect me after like 5 minutes..its annoying me that i cant do this.....

BTW i can still create and join games fine on closed realms but on open it doesnt work

no im not trying to run mods on closed cause i know its not possible but even when i put in the original patch it wont let join/create games on open
Last edited by Bled4you on Sun Apr 04, 2004 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Sat Apr 03, 2004 1:58 am

BTW i can still create and join games fine on closed realms but on open it doesnt work
You should not try to run mods on closed bnet (if its that you is doing). You should aswell be aware of that we doesn't allow discussion about any modification to closed bnet here.

Souricette
Retired staff
Paladin

Hand-picked

Post by Souricette » Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:36 am

I don't know why you can't join/create Open games. The only thing I could suggest you is to completely reinstall the game - I had some weird disconnection problems previously, and reinstalling the game solved completely such problems, so the updates may leave some things unstable for some reason.

I never played on Open myself, so I can't really assist you for that. You can contact Blizzard support about that - that's what I did when I had my disconnection problems, and their advices were all good.

Good luck,
Souricette

Return to “Mac Modding”