Diablo II MPQ Tool 1.0a11 posted

This forum is dedicated to platform-specific issues, discussions and tools relating to D2 modding for the Mac.

Moderator: Contrail

Souricette
Retired staff
Paladin

Hand-picked

Diablo II MPQ Tool 1.0a11 posted

Post by Souricette » Thu Feb 05, 2004 11:07 am

A new version has been posted. The major change in it is the way MPQ files are handled: it's now based on a much better MPQ handling library!

Some new features are also added:

- DC6 viewing: you can now open .dc6 files (containing images) using the standard "Open" menu item. If it works for most of the .dc6 files, some others are known to be incorrectly displayed, because of the way Diablo II handles them and assumes some facts I'm not aware of....

- Insert/Extract from/to 'data' folder: this is a feature asked by modders. When you are doing a mod, you need to create a given hierarchy enclosed in a "data" folder. But generating that hierarchy was very tricky, since the modder had to create it manually, by creating the folders and dragging the corresponding files in it.
Now, you only have to select the files you want to extract, and activate the "Extract to 'data' folder" menu item: the hierarchy will be created according to the file names!
The same goes when you want to recreate a Diablo II Patch file from that 'data' folder: now the whole folder will be recursively parsed and the files inserted in your MPQ archive with the appropriate names!

- Some bug fixes

There's nothing new concerning the Saved Game Editor, though. That release is interesting mainly for modders!

http://mpqtool.coucou.net

Souricette

[Edit: please go to http://mpqtoolforum.coucou.net to discuss bugs and/or feature requests! ]
Last edited by Souricette on Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Re: Diablo II MPQ Tool 1.0a11 posted

Post by kingpin » Thu Feb 05, 2004 3:12 pm

I add this to keep (filecenter) also, if its ok.

Souricette
Retired staff
Paladin

Hand-picked

Post by Souricette » Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:56 am

Absolutely no problem about that!

Note that there are 2 versions:
http://mpqtool.coucou.net/mpqtool.sit for MacOS X users
http://mpqtool.coucou.net/mpqtoolclassic.sit for pre-MacOS X users

Souricette

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Fri Feb 06, 2004 9:38 pm

Nice, its added to keep now :)

Imcoo

Post by Imcoo » Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:11 am

Thank you for posting that. I like the new addition (the .dc6 viewer). I am still paciently waiting a .dc6 editor. I hope this comes soon, because i am making a mod and am still wondering how to change the title screen(when you select your game). I've seen it done in PC Mods, so i know it can be done. I just wish i knew how.
I'll bet you think im pro at this.. don't you. Well... IM NOT!

Joel
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Joel » Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:30 am

Ok guys, i got my new MAC and got the nice nice QT Library for MAc too (which is now free under GP license)

I'll take some times int he next week and convert all the absic tools to MAC using this library.

If anyone want to help ^^just PM me
"How much suffering, mortal, does it take before you lose your grace?"
Shadow Empire (coming soon) | forum

MickyBIs

Post by MickyBIs » Mon Apr 05, 2004 1:49 am

Hi, it's great that you've made this, but I've found a strange quirk. My copy of Diablo II (in OS X) cannot use the mpq files if the .mpq extension is added, but your MPQ tool requires the extension. I tried opening a file several times without it before coming to that realization. Each time it gave me an error 11. Would it be possible to mention, either in the documentation or in the application, that the extension is necessary?

MickyBIs

Souricette
Retired staff
Paladin

Hand-picked

Post by Souricette » Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:30 am

MickyBIs";p="165253" wrote:Hi, it's great that you've made this, but I've found a strange quirk. My copy of Diablo II (in OS X) cannot use the mpq files if the .mpq extension is added, but your MPQ tool requires the extension. I tried opening a file several times without it before coming to that realization. Each time it gave me an error 11. Would it be possible to mention, either in the documentation or in the application, that the extension is necessary?

MickyBIs
No, the extension is not necessary at all! You SHOULD NOT add .mpq to your file, or they will not be recognized by the Diablo II application.

Which file do you try to open with MPQ Tool and fails? I suspect you are NOT trying to open an MPQ archive, but another file - and trying to access that file as a MPQ archive crashes the application (which is of course not a good thing, but it's another story).

Souricette

MickyBIs

Post by MickyBIs » Tue Apr 06, 2004 2:08 am

I was trying to open Diablo II Patch (Carbon). I'm pretty sure that's and mpq :) Once I added the suffix (to a copy of the same file) it opened just fine. In case it's important, I'm using D2 1.10 on OS 10.3 with all the latest updates.

MickyBIs

Souricette
Retired staff
Paladin

Hand-picked

Post by Souricette » Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:16 am

MickyBIs";p="165552" wrote:I was trying to open Diablo II Patch (Carbon). I'm pretty sure that's and mpq :) Once I added the suffix (to a copy of the same file) it opened just fine. In case it's important, I'm using D2 1.10 on OS 10.3 with all the latest updates.

MickyBIs
OK, please go to http://mpqtoolforum.coucou.net and post your bug report there. We will continue that thread in a more appropriate forum than the Phrozenkeep one...

See you there :)

Souricette

ironmike123

Post by ironmike123 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:45 am

i need the mpqtool a new version but all this links is not going , please give me a link with the new version of this tool, thank you , and i need a patch 1.10 from diablo 2 that going on leopard system 10.5 , the old patch 1.10 is not going why is classic system need

Contrail
Retired staff
Paladin

Post by Contrail » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:36 pm

Sourciette has left the D2 modding community and therefore won't be updating MPQTool to work with patch 1.12. The last version he made is available here. Even without being able to use it to make .bin files for patch 1.12, it's useful for extracting files from MPQ files and putting updated files into the MPQs.

Diablo 2 was originally developed prior to Mac OS X being available, and patch 1.10 was the first one that could run under Mac OS X instead of Classic. All Macs at that time could still run Classic, which is probably why the patch installer for 1.10 runs under Classic.

At one point I found a file for download that had all of the files for the Mac 1.10b patch in it without the installer, but I'm having trouble finding the website again. I'll see if I can't either find that link or post the file somewhere.

- Contrail

Kalial

Post by Kalial » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:23 pm

I was also wondering about this program. I have downloaded the the mpqtool and have not been able to run it at all. I'm pretty sure I am missing something pretty basic (I'm a n00b to modding) Any help would be greatly appreciated. I download the program and I get the file mpqtool.sit..... what am I supposed to do after that. I figured I would simply open it up and a program would install and I would then follow some instructions. But when I open the file all I get is a bunch of indecipherable txt. Anyone know what I have done wrong?

Contrail
Retired staff
Paladin

Post by Contrail » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:49 pm

It sounds like you don't have the correct program to expand .sit files. Do you have Stuffit Expander installed? If not, you can go to www.stuffit.com and download it for free from there.

- Contrail

Kalial

Post by Kalial » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:56 pm

I have stuffit. I have tried saving to disk and then opening and I have tried the download/open with (stuffit is the default). Both come out the same. The file opens up as a txt file that is totally indecipherable. I have no idea what to do from there. :x

Kalial

Post by Kalial » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:44 pm

stuffit opens the file like this

StuffIt (c)1997-2002 Aladdin Systems, Inc., //aladdinsys/StuffIt/

Kalial

Post by Kalial » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:45 pm

Well the text didn't make it in to the message but just imagine a txt document with a bunch of symbols that are more like hieroglyphics than any other language I have ever seen

Return to “Mac Modding”