Keep Update 12/19/2012

Please use this forum for providing feedback on the Phrozen Keep's main page / news portal updates.
Volf
Retired Admin
Dominion
Finland

Hand-picked

Keep Update 12/19/2012

Post by Volf » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:43 am

It has been a while since the last update so I figured its time for me to post my first keep update.

Code editors
The code editor have been busy and there have been some big breakthroughs. Kingpin has made life a bit easier for 1.13 patch coders with he's release of a Rebased Storm.dll for 1.13c. The Rebased Storm.dll takes care of the overlapping memory space between d2game.dll and storm.dll saving you from excessive headaches while debugging. Download the rebased storm dll for 1.13c here

New D2mod plugins
kidpaddle94 has released 2 plugins, the first one is named D2ItemSpell and it allows you to cast a skill from an item using a new pspell, the second plugin allows you to warp to another area using a pspell, both the plugins need a little bit of testing before their included in the filecenter so if you wish to speed up the process visit this topic and try them out.

The following plugins fall have been on modmakers Christmas wish lists for ages. Several code editors have researched and posted bits and pieces of code on the forums over the years, but nobody ever got around to putting everything in to d2modplugins, until now dav92 has released lots of plugins, starting with a d2mod plugin that allows modmakers to increase the resolution in their mods this plugin can be downloaded here. The second mayor release by dav92 is D2NPCs, this plugin enables us to add new npcs to our mods, download D2npcs here. The final one im going to mention is my favourite, this plugin enable modmakers to add real new towns to the game an thus its named D2Towns get it here. In combination with the exdended levels plugin and davs npx and town plugin we now have much more freedom when it comes to expanding the game. You can read all about dav's new plugins in this topic

Mod release
I have released a pre beta version of my d2scrabble mod version 6.
Since 2003 me and onyx have attempted to make a futuristic or modern day themed mod but all our attempts have failed doe to various factors such as real life and other things that constantly get in the way for d2modmakers. Not willing to let the idea go i began expanding act4 with a modern day city enviroment, naturally i asked onyx to join as a mapper and it was no big surprise that he agreed. The modern city is a blend of our tile and map work.
You can see some results in this video
You can download the mod here but before you do check out the site and forums

That concludes this update but im sure several releases and other update work material has been missed. You can contact me by pm to make sure your latest release makes it to the next update, also feel free to send me a message if you have a file that never got added to our filecenter.

On behalf of the entire staff we wish everyone in the community a peaceful Christmas.

Xenast
Retired staff
Angel

Re: Keep Update 12/19/2012

Post by Xenast » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:57 am

Nice to see an update :)

Also worth mentioning is the 1.13c Extended Levels plugin by Necrolis, as seen in this topic. Don't think I would be modding 1.13 without it ;)

prawn
Paladin
Great Britain

Re: Keep Update 12/19/2012

Post by prawn » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:14 pm

great to see the update merry xmas phrozen keep!

Return to “Keep Updates”