Keep Update 01/26/2007

Please use this forum for providing feedback on the Phrozen Keep's main page / news portal updates.

No votes

Total votes: 0

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Keep Update 01/26/2007

Post by Nefarius » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:51 pm

Congratulations!!
Go to longtime member TrueMage's Battle for Elements mod was voted the numero uno RPG-Mod on ModDB this week. So kudos to ya from me and the rest of the staff. If you feel like congratulating him youself you can do so here.

This weeks tutorial
Former moderator Xenast has written a tutorial that some of you might have been looking for, making chests with controllable drops. You can find the tutorial in the keep knowledgebase. If you have a comment on how to simplify or improve the approach you can let the world know in this thread.

This weeks plugin
Co-Administrator Myhrginoc has released v2.1 of his CubeOps D2Mod Plugin for v1.10. This release fixes a bug with the mod parameter and allows you to restrict recipes to either softcore or hardcore games. You can grab your own copy from the filecenter. If you have a question about it, feel free ask it here.

This weeks screenshot
This weeks screenshot was rotting at the murky depths of my untidy harddrive for over half a decade. Taken sometime at the brink between 2000 and 2001, it depicts an undocumented feature of an early XyRAX version. Before v1.10 as you all hopefully know skill data was almost completely hardcoded. Yet I've implemented a feature allowing for multiple golems. To give you all an idea what we've been drooling over back in the golden age before v1.08, take a look at this screenshot.

I must mention a submission from AI-T of some screenshots that we didn't choose to pick, but I felt like giving him a honorary mention herein as the first non-staff submission though.

This weeks victor
BrotherDog expands his long list of victories and adds $55885 to his OT-pocket. Do you feel lucky, then what exactly are you still doing here reading this, participate will ya! For those of us not feeling so lucky, we can always look at the list of winners and hope that luck is contagious.

Thats that for this week!
Last edited by Nefarius on Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
''(...) The game can basically be considered unhackable. '' - Blizzard Entertainment (30th May 2000)
Black Omen Productions | MetalStorm: Progress Report | Screenshots

Al-T
Forum Legend
Power

Re: Keep Update 1/26/2007

Post by Al-T » Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:38 pm

Thanks for the mention Nefarius.

If you want screenshots that show off mod features rather than just fun ones I would be happy to send you a few. I realise they may still not make it as "Screenshot of the Week" but please let me know if you want me to submit any more.
Al-Tisaur...Card carrying member of mentaldom since March 2007 & "Zy-Sensitive" Veteran Pension Holder!
Veteran? More like "Ancient Relic!"..been playing the mod for 12 years!
Trying to picture Al as a Power,... it's not working it must be the Tiger Stripes that get me every time - Hans
I get knocked down but I get up again, you're never gonna keep me down...!
Official Zy-El Website | ZyEl Wiki | Russian Zy-El Website by mahatmaQL | Eastern Sun

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:52 pm

Yes, we're looking for screens of mod features for the SSotW ;)
Feel free to send some to me or the other admins. (We prefer screenshots that haven't been posted before).
''(...) The game can basically be considered unhackable. '' - Blizzard Entertainment (30th May 2000)
Black Omen Productions | MetalStorm: Progress Report | Screenshots

Xenast
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Xenast » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:27 pm

Hosted modmaker Xenast
I'v never released a mod in my life, the green is from when I was a moderator for the map editing board ;)

Anywho, hope you all find the tutorial useful :)

Return to “Keep Updates”