Keep Update 4/28/2005

Please use this forum for providing feedback on the Phrozen Keep's main page / news portal updates.

No votes

Total votes: 0

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Keep Update 4/28/2005

Post by Myhrginoc » Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:32 am

Welcome to the May Day Edition of the Phrozen Keep News. That is May Day or mayday, depending on your viewpoint. Kingpin is inundated by some serious distractions, so here I am again to lend a helping word or ten. And this week we have a lot of ground to cover. M'aidez! Fortunately we have many helpers working to keep your modmaking from emergency mode.

Hero of the Hour

If you are asking for help, who better to come to your aid? Our ever-prolific RicFaith releases new versions of no less than four D2Mod plugins!
- Kill Exp Plugin v1.0. Highly flexible way to award your players with experience on kills...or not!
- Skill Tree Plugin v1.3. Pack those skill pages any way you want, many more than Blizzard imagined.
- Char Start Plugin 1.1. Start you character with new stats and skills or modify the usual starting values.
- Waypoint Plugin v1.3. All decked out and nowhere to go? Check your waypoints here and be amazed at all the possible destinations. But be careful, you might need a ticket to board this train!

Helping Hand

Havvoric didn't leave all the glory to Ric, so here is the D2Mod Set Stat Plugin to help you along. The Cube may now boost your character as it always could boost your items.

Help Is On The Way

Not everybody works with or uses code edits or the D2Mod System, so here is a plugin that doesn't need them. I_only_pressed_Esc presents the Summon Skill Plugin, which contains prefabbed summons skills for every monster in the game. Included are puzzle pieces for txt files, dc6 skill icons and tbl strings.

Helpful Learning

I_only_pressed_Esc shares with us the technique of Creating Specific Menu Screens. This Knowledge Base article has tips and tricks to keep your pixels from getting pixilated.

Help Me Mister Wizard!

Balance may be the hardest goal, and even Blizzard had questionable success at their own game. How can you do better? Our own Sage of Skarra shares his hard-won lore in Mod Balancing Ideas #1. Hats off to Brother Laz for a detailed discussion of such difficult arcana!

Help Yourself

...to another collection of goodies from the Infinitum Crew. This week our Fearless Leader has yet another collection of maps to offer. If you haven't filled Levels.txt all the way to Line 1024, it won't be because Phrozen Heart didn't decorate the landscape! Okay squirrel, talk!! ...all these maps, where is moose???

You Need Help

...if you still think the game isn't rigged. AdiTT claims her fifteenth prize in this weeks $20,000 PK:OT Lottery. But, if you still think you have a chance, we can help you get to the ticket window. Bonne chance!

I think I have helped the Keep maintain its reputation for yellow journalism long enough, so on that note we return you to our regularly scheduled programming... oh yeah, that's the Code Editing Forum, not the whole board...
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Return to “Keep Updates”