MIA: cubemain.txt

Information and updates for the d2:elements mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Char

Aristabulus

MIA: cubemain.txt

Post by Aristabulus » Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:48 pm

I don't know if it's intentional, but there's no recipes in the current version of d2:elements... The utility recipes (like refining potions >> rejuvs, upgrading gems, etc) aren't unbalancing IMO, but in some ways they're necissary, especially when you're "starting from scratch"...

Are they out atm for a reason, or was it just an oversight???
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it? --Thulsa Doom

Char
Retired staff
Principality

Re: MIA: cubemain.txt

Post by Char » Wed Sep 03, 2003 12:03 am

its true that the current version of cubemain.txt only includes the quest-relevant entries. everything else was removed, including rune upgrades, gem upgrades and the rejuvenation potion recipe.

i am NOT planning to re-introduce the rejuvenation recipe. rejuvenation potions, especially full ones, will be quite rare. but they wont be that necessary anymore. you got the cure potions / spirit potions that grant instant restore of mana and life. the healing potions are stronger by far (should be 2000 HP for a full healing potion on a barb).
i wont re-introduce the gem recipes either, gems will be quite strong and therefore quite rare. its not yet decided if there will be "gemwords".

i will quite likely reintroduce the rune recipes.

i will also re-enable and modify most of the crafting recipes and add some new ones. cubing will be fun (and be able to produce some of the most powerful items).

Ssergit
Champion of the Light
Location: Running around outside of Lut Gholein, sqashing scorpions

Re: MIA: cubemain.txt

Post by Ssergit » Thu Sep 04, 2003 5:14 am

*had to comment, to keep up her voracious 'gemwords' reputation*

I love gemwords. They don't need to be hugely overpowered, or pitifully underpowered for me to love them, either. If you do decide to implement them, I'm sure you'll have plenty of ideas to go along with the 'element' theme you've got working superbly.

(I love this mod so far, in case you haven't noticed :mrgreen: )
Dough, the stuff that buys my beer
Ray, the guy who buys my beer
Me, the guy who drinks my beer
Far = a long way to the john
So, I'll have another beer
La--I'll have another beer
Tea? No thanks, I'm drinking beer...
-Homer Simpson

Return to “d2:elements”