MPQView problems

This would be the forum for questions about how to work with mod making tools which can be a problem of its own.

Moderator: Paul Siramy

cloudsoverpk
United States of America

MPQView problems

Post by cloudsoverpk » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:18 pm

I'm brand new to modding, and was going by the beginner toolkit. reading along with the guide, I went into MPQview. Right when I start the application, it gives me an error saying "file access denied." If I click ok, it then gives another error that says "cannot assign nil to TFont." Then it opens the program. If I try to Load data like the guide says, I get the error "access violation at address 0043A095 in module 'MPQView.exe.' Read of address is 00000000." I have no idea what any of that means, and I have no idea why it happens. I can't get started learning the basics of modding without this. I have d2:lod v 1.12 if the game screen is to be believed. I also Have plugY installed. Perhaps this mod interferes with mpqview?

My goals are to be able to make and name my own set items, preferably without discolored armor, and perhaps to make some mildly modified skills or a couple of new skills to replace some less useful ones. As far as just making non-set items, I can pretty easily use hero editor. I'd like to tweak and recreated Trag-oul's set without the vampire transformation, and add a set based on Rathma. Ultimately I'd like to add (or modify existing) 2 sets for each class that are lore inspired and synergize well. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Return to “Tools”