Ladiks Issue // Win-7

This would be the forum for questions about how to work with mod making tools which can be a problem of its own.

Moderator: Paul Siramy

Magiczny
Poland

Ladiks Issue // Win-7

Post by Magiczny » Thu May 14, 2020 9:00 am

Hey!

I have received a report that supposedly ladiks does not support diablo 2 modding on windows 7. I only have windows 10 and I want to ask if this is true and what can be done to work around this problem.
Peace!
:blizzspin: Join my group on facebook.com https://www.facebook.com/groups/D2lodmodding/ :blizzspin:

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Re: Ladiks Issue // Win-7

Post by Necrolis » Fri May 15, 2020 2:31 am

I never had issues using it on my machine when I had windows 7; that being said "supposedly ladiks does not support diablo 2 modding on windows 7" is incredibly vague; what is not working? what listfile is being used? did they correctly set the MPQ type to D2 compatible MPQ's?
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

Magiczny
Poland

Post by Magiczny » Fri May 15, 2020 8:41 am

Hey!

Thank you for your answer!

Below I put the print-screen sent by the interlocutor.

Apparently doing something that "always worked before", but ladiks on win-7 seems to create problems. Apparently, "many people on the web have reported it."

The guy wants to replace the character animations. He claims that he always did it the same way and it worked until suddenly on win-7 ladiks started creating problems.

The matter is serious to me because I have a lot of modding with ladiks myself. From my observations on win-10 it appears that the program poses no problems, so the case returns to win-7 problems.

I am asking for advice on what can be done to solve the print-screen problem.

Peace!
:blizzspin: Join my group on facebook.com https://www.facebook.com/groups/D2lodmodding/ :blizzspin:

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Fri May 15, 2020 1:55 pm

This looks like he is encoding newer version MPQs that aren't compatible with D2; this can be changed in the options.
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

Magiczny
Poland

Post by Magiczny » Tue May 26, 2020 9:30 am

Hey!

Thanks for the advice! Problem has been solved. :bravo2:
Peace!
P.S .: I kindly ask you to close this topic;

Return to “Tools”