[Release] D2TxtImporter - Automatic Documentation Generation

This would be the forum for questions about how to work with mod making tools which can be a problem of its own.

Moderator: Paul Siramy

HarvestWombs
Senior Moderator
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Re: [Release] D2TxtImporter - Automatic Documentation Generation

Post by HarvestWombs » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:28 am

Elmegaard wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:27 am
Right now I still have a lot to do I think. I would very much like input on the output it generates to make sure everything is as it should be as well as implement the remaining missing functions.
Design wise, I think it's pretty neat. No complaints, no suggestions.

Data wise: I'd suggest to figure out a different way to populate the item type drop down filter for non standard mods.
Example: My mod has an item type -> Class Charm, which has several unique variations, but this item type does not appear in the filter.
This isnt the only custom item type I have either, so there is a lot of missing information.
Official Phrozen Keep Discord
Common Modding tools: link
My Resource Packs: link

Elmegaard
Denmark

Post by Elmegaard » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:21 am

What kind of item is that? If it exists in the uniques .txt file, I don't see why it is not shown. Or is it the properties of it that is not shown?

EDIT:
It's the filter on the website it is not shown in? Those filters are very much in alpha, they have several bugs and I need to add more of them. I am soooo much hoping someone who actually knows web development more than the basics I know comes in to save the day and build a proper web site for me before I finish this project, else I'll just have to do something about that. My original plan was to just output the json, but I needed something that showed data so the people helping me test this was actually able to filter through the output, which was why I build that website.

HarvestWombs
Senior Moderator
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by HarvestWombs » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:57 am

Yes, the drop down filter on the output site.

In my example it's a custom itemtype. Located in itemtypes.txt. Basically, Unique -> Item (charm) -> itemtype (Classcharm).
But because it's not a "real" charm, it doesnt get added to the lost of filters (axe, helmet, armor, etc).
Maybe you could detect the itemtype, and if it doesnt have a predefined description already, then give us an option to add one for it.
Just an idea, I'm not programmer lol
Official Phrozen Keep Discord
Common Modding tools: link
My Resource Packs: link

Elmegaard
Denmark

Post by Elmegaard » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:09 pm

I mean I am going to remake the filters on the website anyway. I just added one filter for each of them to test the search. More filter options would be very useful, like equipment slot for example. Also in some cases the filters have all entries shown twice, another issue I need to fix for those. But they are getting re-worked all together. What I am most interested in is if the actual output is correct. I have found bugs with resistances, per level calculations, and a lot of other stuff after I posted on here. Additionally there are unimplemented functions from ItemStatCost.txt, meaning they will be output as a "todo" instead of the actual stat. I have no idea what they are supposed to look like as they are not in the standard Diablo .txt files.

Darkquake
Australia

Post by Darkquake » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:15 pm

With regards to modded itemtypes you should be able to sort them into a catagory using misc/armor/weapons and itemtype.txt.

Using these and cross checking whether classcharm 'clch' from itemtype does indeed have entries in misc would let you know that classcharm is a catagory of charm.

Depends how you design it :D

A lot of functions from itemstatcost shouldn't ever be made into properties anyway. Interested to see where you go with it.
I make things? I make things.
https://www.moddb.com/mods/darkquake

Elmegaard
Denmark

Post by Elmegaard » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:46 pm

We'll see. Right now I am just trying to write up issues that are specific enough I can work with them. Since the output I am getting is rock solid (I think), but I do only have default .txt files to go with, so it is very hard for me to debug your issues when I can't reproduce them. Never wrote a mod myself, so I am not that sure of how every .txt hangs together, but from the output I guess I got most right at least.

Elmegaard
Denmark

Post by Elmegaard » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:25 pm

HarvestWombs wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:57 am
Yes, the drop down filter on the output site.

In my example it's a custom itemtype. Located in itemtypes.txt. Basically, Unique -> Item (charm) -> itemtype (Classcharm).
But because it's not a "real" charm, it doesnt get added to the lost of filters (axe, helmet, armor, etc).
Maybe you could detect the itemtype, and if it doesnt have a predefined description already, then give us an option to add one for it.
Just an idea, I'm not programmer lol
I think I fixed your issue with the latest version. If I understood it correctly at least.

HashCasper

Post by HashCasper » Sat May 01, 2021 5:24 am

Code: Select all

The given key was not present in the dictionary.

Stacktrace:
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
   at D2TxtImporter.lib.Model.MagicPrefix.Import(String excelFolder) in E:\Git\D2TxtImporter\D2TxtImporter.lib\Model\Dictionaries\MagicPrefix.cs:line 31
   at D2TxtImporter.lib.Importer.LoadData() in E:\Git\D2TxtImporter\D2TxtImporter.lib\Importer.cs:line 51

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Stacktrace:
   at D2TxtImporter.lib.Model.Unique.Import(String excelFolder) in E:\Git\D2TxtImporter\D2TxtImporter.lib\Model\Items\Unique.cs:line 51
   at D2TxtImporter.lib.Importer.ImportModel() in E:\Git\D2TxtImporter\D2TxtImporter.lib\Importer.cs:line 75
These are the issues I get when I try it on my mod. Doesn't say much about what's problem exactly in txt files.
"We have a point to work to, to make our nation huge; make our home stretch around the world, increase our army too. We must take over the world, make it our own, the Earth we must control, so you can't F#CK it anymore." --Mathew Chalk--

Elmegaard
Denmark

Post by Elmegaard » Sat May 01, 2021 12:16 pm

The first issue is that you have a row in MagicPrefix.txt without a name.

The second issue looks like you don't have an Armor.txt file, not exactly sure.

HashCasper

Post by HashCasper » Sat May 01, 2021 5:06 pm

I verified that every row/cell for 'name' column in MagicPrefix.txt has an entry. Nothing is blank in that column.

Armor.txt exists.
"We have a point to work to, to make our nation huge; make our home stretch around the world, increase our army too. We must take over the world, make it our own, the Earth we must control, so you can't F#CK it anymore." --Mathew Chalk--

Return to “Tools”