D2SE Modmanager, the final solution for Modmanagement

This would be the forum for questions about how to work with mod making tools which can be a problem of its own.

Moderator: Paul Siramy

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Re: D2SE Modmanager, the final solution for Modmanagement

Post by Necrolis » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:21 am

The Immersion plugin is broken, it hangs D2SE in every video mode, windowed or not.
using win 7 pro SP1, running as admin, with WinXP SP3 compatability and desktop composition off.

the SNEJ plugin is also partially broken, it seems to fragment the videos and has disjointed gfx in fullscreen mode(in both glide and ddraw), windowed runs fine.
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

Maliciant

Post by Maliciant » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:29 pm

This may fall into the category of the runemod but it'd be nice if we were able to use zpickit with d2se, mainly for the sake of picking up the piles of gold that some mods result in. The whole 8 player cow effect of having so many items on the ground you can't even see everything is helped a ton by this, nevermind the fact it's super convenient.

Hopefully this isn't brushing against the TOS, I view this type of program as a handy utility much like plugy, but the fact it really is a BOT may be an issue.

seltsamuel

Post by seltsamuel » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:39 am

Hi,

@GhOsT_DeStRoYeR
regarding ASLR Microsoft had a big error in their thinking. True its only active when the program is ASLR enabled on compilation .. and D2 is definitely not ..... but all kernel files of windows are! And what happens when one of these kernel files gets relocated to an adress that normally is occupied by a D2 .dll? Yes it gets relocated to a different adress and thats something that should not have happened.. this is a death criteria for all modded .dlls with hardcoded adresses inside. Additionally this is totally random .. when a mod crashes because of ASLR you can only reboot your entire machine as often as is necessary get it running.. from up Vista/SP2 microsoft took away any possibility to disable this unholy feature.

regarding runemod.. yes borgin already wanted me to make a D2SE plugin but with the limited time i invested i was not able to find the exact issue but suspect hooks into the mpq loader (that d2se completely replaces with own code) to be responsible to not run. For the next D2Se release i prepared some experimental routines that may solve this .. but thats no promise.. Sir_General was really a cool coder who modified many places others not did. I hope to get his great mod running .. but i cant promise this.

For the way i made all the other mods into plugins please wait until i finished exhausting documentation for modder.. especially the new language feature crys for beeing misused by modder to make many options possible.

@Drac0
thanks for your feedback. I hardcoded the 1.09x cores to use plugy9 and now dam me that i did not the same for all cores that are not 1.13c as plugy10 is bugged like hell with older D2 versions which dlls got relocated. Its one of the most critical problems i made into D2SE.. and i hope i can replace PlugY anytime soon completely with own compatible code. D2SE V2.2.0 installs plugy10 and i can only advice for all Mods not 1.13c to insert a plugy9 .dll into the mods folder as this overrides the default.

@Necrolis
Snej im aware of problems with some configurations thats the reason its a pre version.. im again completely rewriting resolutioncode ^^ and hope this time its a final rewrite as im getting sick of it :-)

Immersion i will recheck this weekend as it was running fine on my machine.. maybe the upload to the new mirror is broken .. after i rechecked this i will let you know.

@Maliciant
As im known to be against all types of hacks bots and cheatlike things i wont include support for anything like this ....ever.. When the modder codeedits this into his files it will work and its ok as its a feature of his mod, but this is not something that should be included into D2SE.

Greetings

Seltsamuel

Maliciant

Post by Maliciant » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:49 am

Understood, like I said, I just like it for picking up gold automatically but I understand that some of it's features are potentially abusable. Sadly my all time fav mod is not updated (though not many are now anyway) though a group is apparently remaking nez but it's a long ways to fill that mods shoes from scratch.

Anyway, I love what you've made here, it's sad it wasn't available in the diablo 2 modding prime because it at a minimum deserves an audience and the current diablo 2 mod audience is so small now.

Drac0
Retired staff
Angel
Australia

Post by Drac0 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:27 am

Is there any way to get D2SE to use other D2 command line switches such as -act[x] or -seed etc?

I'll use PlugY for this if I have to, but it means I'll need to rollback my base install from 1.13 to 1.10.

Cheers

seltsamuel

Post by seltsamuel » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:19 am

Hi,
sorry for the late answer but i was really busy in RL the last weeks.
D2SE itself offers no other commandline features. Incase you can tell me good reasons for other switches i might implement them inside the next release as its not simply piping commandlineparameters into the game exe (d2se is an own one and not starts blizzards)

Greetings

Seltsamuel

Drac0
Retired staff
Angel
Australia

Post by Drac0 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:02 am

seltsamuel" wrote:Hi,
D2SE itself offers no other commandline features. Incase you can tell me good reasons for other switches i might implement them inside the next release as its not simply piping commandlineparameters into the game exe (d2se is an own one and not starts blizzards)

Greetings

Seltsamuel
It's not a problem, just been using the D2 -actx switch for creating test characters. Made a few changes to ItemStatCost.txt which prevents me importing characters and the switch makes it easier than starting with a lvl 1 character.

I've rolled back my D2 install now so I'll just use PlugY when I need to do this.

Sixen

Post by Sixen » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:44 pm

seltsamuel" wrote:Hi,

Greetings

Seltsamuel
Why not support all command line switches that D2 currently supports? There's quite a few. I have the full list at home... I'll post it up if I can remember to.

Cool program.

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:29 pm

Seltsamuel...All I have to say is congrats on this awesome tool.With credit to mods,plugy things,add ons etc which are all nice and all but this is great bud.I use win7 and recently loaded up d2 to play again...waiting for Skyrim ;).Anyways I was totally unaware of problems etc with d2 and win7,things in corner,problems loading etc this fixed it all.Not to mention the ability to play a bunch of mods without all the load different crap etc.I was getting infuriated that I couldn't play d2 again then it popped in my head win7... and to check out the keep for answers..always find it here lol.It was easy to load up and use..very user friendly bud.
Truly nice work though,I for one thank you and congratulate you on a fine job.
cheers
mike
Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years,
Face up...make your stand
And realise you're living in the golden years

HarvestWombs
Senior Moderator
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by HarvestWombs » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:51 am

Im getting a little confused with enabling d2mod for the mymod plugin...
Is there a guide anywhere around here?
Official Phrozen Keep Discord
Common Modding tools: link
My Resource Packs: link

dav92
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by dav92 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:00 pm

Just copy the d2mod.dll and d2mod.ini into the mymod folder and enable it via the D2SE_Setup.ini

HarvestWombs
Senior Moderator
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by HarvestWombs » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:09 pm

Ahh i found the issue... The ini was named different. thanks for the help Dav

bazrgk

Post by bazrgk » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:27 pm

Hi, thanks for D2SE

I've just started playing D2 again & was baffled by the requirements for different mods. This makes it so easy, even for me, to install & play them.

Thanks again.

ZOMB

Post by ZOMB » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:16 pm

Hi, i have a problem
A few days ago I Installed D2SE Modmanager to my computer, and i works well (tried THoC mod) and I wanted to play my own mod by this program... so I downloaded the MyMod plugin and installed... but whenever i wanna create/play a character, error appears: D2Common\DATATBLS\datatbls.cpp, line#2190
the mod work well when playing it by the classic way (creating a shotcut and adding -direct -txt)
have or had anyone the same problem? do you know how to solve it?
or I must play the mod by the classic way?
thanks for any replies
Fan, player and modmaker of game Diablo 2
Diablo 2: Is Alive
Diablo 2: Skiller

prodigypm
Banned
Champion of the Light

Post by prodigypm » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:57 pm

Thanks for keepin' all these files active - I needed this since mine is too old and buggy

Just a golden thread!
We're moving faster than lights and dealing with these demons inside so , Where are the ones who made us now!?

dreadknoughtx4

Post by dreadknoughtx4 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:13 am

I created an account here having just recently started playing a couple d2 mods, yes Im way way late,lol. I love the D2SE manager and it works great however at least 1 of the linked 7 zip files gave my computer a nasty Virus ( the 2011 windows security one). I tried to dowload the Blackened file and as soon as it opened the virus installed.Now In afraid to download anything else from here as it took a while to get my laptop running normally again. Can anyone here check these files, several seem to be from this year, thx.

HarvestWombs
Senior Moderator
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by HarvestWombs » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:30 am

I have D2SE as well, and every plugin available, and i have zero viruses, and im running the same security. dont know what to tell you.

dreadknoughtx4

Post by dreadknoughtx4 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:36 am

Black_Eternity" wrote:I have D2SE as well, and every plugin available, and i have zero viruses, and im running the same security. dont know what to tell you.
Well thats good but have you downloaded the blackened file recently, I can only report what happened to me and it wasnt fun, Im running norton360 and it wasnt until I gave permission for the file to download that my computer was infected, which Nortons did question the file as not enough users to trust.

HarvestWombs
Senior Moderator
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by HarvestWombs » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:50 am

When i download the file, i get the same security error that pops up for every exe file, scanned the files after installation, and came up clean. not even a false positive.

dreadknoughtx4

Post by dreadknoughtx4 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:03 am

Black_Eternity" wrote:When i download the file, i get the same security error that pops up for every exe file, scanned the files after installation, and came up clean. not even a false positive.
OK, I appreciate the info, however, for me I dont want to chance further downloads from that group of files until I get some confirmation from site admins that they have checked the files, perhaps it is only affecting certain systems (im running windows 7) but it was the only file I gave permission to bypass security when the virus hit to the second. I know it took me 3hrs+ to figure out how to clean it out and luckily I had another computer to look up how to do that. I was very surprised and Im glad it didnt get you but that doesnt mean it shouldnt be looked at, imo.

HarvestWombs
Senior Moderator
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by HarvestWombs » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:19 am

Personally ive been downloading from this site for 5 years. With various antivirus software and operating systems (2000, XP,Vista, 7-32bit, 7-64bit) (Norton, Avast, MSE) It had to have been something else on your side. And the site admins wouldnt allow a virus to pass through (mainly Onyx)

dreadknoughtx4

Post by dreadknoughtx4 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:54 am

Black_Eternity" wrote:Personally ive been downloading from this site for 5 years. With various antivirus software and operating systems (2000, XP,Vista, 7-32bit, 7-64bit) (Norton, Avast, MSE) It had to have been something else on your side. And the site admins wouldnt allow a virus to pass through (mainly Onyx)

Ok, I appreciate yoir replies and loyalty to this site, and Im sure this is a terrific site. However, and I should have remembered this before. In the course of trying to remove the virus I went into norton360 and had to find the process that was running it and shut it down. Then at that point I was able to find the infected file through nortons. Nortons showed that the process that was running the virus started exactly at the time I downloaded that 7 ZIP file, exact same time. I had no other windows open, was connected to no other site, no other program running, no other new process was recorded by Nortons360 as being new except 1 process that began at the same time I downloade that file. That how I knew. To me that is proof beyond a doubt and I think the files need to be checked.

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:05 pm

The Blackened plugin isn't even hosted on this site, only linked from another one. Maybe you should check where you're downloading from before making false accusations. I downloaded and checked the file nevertheless, and it came out clean.

No file you're downloading from this site is going to have a virus or any type of malware - I can tell you that.
ONYX
Read The Terms of Service before posting!

Back to Hellfire - Site | Forum
Also visit: Incandescence * Diabolic Cartography * Inventharia * Diablo Evolution

PureRage
Forum Regular
Angel
Great Britain

Post by PureRage » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:38 pm

dreadknoughtx4" wrote:Im running norton360
*Builder Voice* Here's your problem :lol:
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as "A bad move".
Douglas Adams

dreadknoughtx4

Post by dreadknoughtx4 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:47 am

oK, Well Im not sure what happened but I appreciate the quick feedback, hopefully no-one else will have any problem and I probaly will try a different file at some point.

Return to “Tools”