D2SE Modmanager, the final solution for Modmanagement

This would be the forum for questions about how to work with mod making tools which can be a problem of its own.

Moderator: Paul Siramy

EzechielP
Paladin
Austria

Re: D2SE Modmanager, the final solution for Modmanagement

Post by EzechielP » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:09 pm

Re: Faith Mod
Lucifer666 wrote:
Tue May 28, 2013 1:01 pm
Edit: Faith Mod crashes to desktop once you activate the Cairn Stones and the Portal to Tristram opens...is this fixable???and how if it is???
Hey everyone, I know it has been quite a while since I've been here in an active capacity but I figured I give it a go again and was promptly intrigued by D2SE and that my little Faith Mod was included in the List of Modplugins.

Unfortunately I noticed some bugs in that distribution myself which may be due to some bin files missing in the mpq. Specifically inventory.bin seemingly wasn't there when I checked the patch file which made the custom inventory malfunction and I think some othere important bins may have been missing as well which caused the aforementioned crash and probably a lot of other issues.

These can of course be averted by extracting the txts out of the patch file with the MPQ View tool and allowing the mod to use -direct -txt so that would be your temporary fix.

I may also release an updated version of the modplugin myself along the way since I feel motivated again :)

EDIT: And I did. Here is the link to the updated D2SE sfx file:
http://www.demergence.at/games/d2lod/fa ... ed_sfx.exe
Last edited by EzechielP on Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Back from the dreaded realms of... the outside world ;)

I'll keep my old account name but just as an FYI you are more likely to find me as dEmergence nowadays across other platforms.

EzechielP a.k.a dEmergence
--------
My first attempt at a mod back in the day... good times: FAITH-Mod Discussion

andsimo
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Crusader
Christmas Island

Post by andsimo » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:34 am

I may also release an updated version
This is a good idea
mods observer

EzechielP
Paladin
Austria

Post by EzechielP » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:15 pm

I've repackaged a fixed version for my "Faith" mod that can be found here:
http://www.demergence.at/games/d2lod/fa ... ed_sfx.exe

I intentionally left the option for -direct -txt on to leave room for later updates or fixes :D
Back from the dreaded realms of... the outside world ;)

I'll keep my old account name but just as an FYI you are more likely to find me as dEmergence nowadays across other platforms.

EzechielP a.k.a dEmergence
--------
My first attempt at a mod back in the day... good times: FAITH-Mod Discussion

Hausgeist
Ukraine

Post by Hausgeist » Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:59 pm

Have naive hope that there at least some one read it.
It is problem to stream any mod installed via D2SE because You need to tab out to set things no matter fullscreen or windowed. Mods window minimize while click outside or alt+tab. However vanilla patches launched via D2SE haven't such issue. It is issue because if vanilla I can stream and set up things when needed and mods I can't even propperly set up OBS to show it on or it every time will lost focus when I need to do something outside launched mod.
As I get it, it is some specific settings inside D2SE or how it was programmed.
I understand that it maybe not best place to ask, but please then write me how I can obtain any usable info to solve this issue. Installing several copy of D2LoD for each mod... Unfortunately I don't have spare 1Tb for this and as I remember I already tried it and it worked bad.
Look further for cooperation. Thanks for You attention and this awesome instrument... even if a little bit rough one in some unexpected ways. :)
Insanity is a complete awarness of what's happening and inability of changing it...

Return to “Tools”